Anyone live in a red state with increasing COVID-19 cases, what's it like?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
If you are merely clueless here, then I apologize for making the inference that you are dishonestly engaging with me. Nonetheless, you have reached my personal threshold for determining that your contributions in our conversation are not "good", "valid", or "important" enough for me to bother engaging with you further.

That's fine with me. And I thought you would do that earlier because you said this.. (post 107)

...... I won't dignify it with counter-argument.

:D

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
badgcard%20sm1.jpg

I am not a lemming.

says the lemming as he follows his pride and derp nation straight off the cliff

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I would outlaw masks entirely. Except maybe for the O2 machine ones.

Face MUST be wholey and completely visible at all times when entering banks or other secure facilities.
That is freaking bull shit! Who you afraid of? Somebody of color? You cannot be that dense or that anti science.....oh I m sorry!! Forgive me!! Your a Republican! Carry on.....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Meghan54 and MtnMan

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Well, who are going to sit here and decide what is not as "good" or "valid" or "important" and delete/censor the one(s) not up to the arbitration/snub? Do you really want to go down to that slippery slope?

As a free country, we should allow anyone to say anything (within reason...that's why I said "within guidelines/rules"). That's my view.
Your ignorance is not as valid as my knowledge.

I can state that the sky is green. It is within the server rules, but it still won't be valid, or important.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
So no straight yes or no answer? So I better declare in public that I would put you and interchange in my ignore list as bryjones? Naaaa.. nope. Can't be like that.

Still no reply to post 88, eh?
hAHAHHHAA I finally get it.......Svnla is a eurpean woman andf you never argiue with a european woman! Because they always have to have the last word even if they are making no otherr point than to get the last word!!

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Why not? Any poster p.o.v is as good/valid/important as any other poster as long as it is within the rules/guidelines of the forum.

You are arguing that ignorance is as valid as expertise--because you say that "as long as rules are flowed--all posts are equaly valid!"

this is preposterously untrue. It is intellectually vacant. It smacks if illiteracy and the type of profound false intellectualism that seeks arguments and evidence merely for bias confirmation, not for challenging and supporting ideas. Two profoundly opposing models, the latter is what describes science. The former is what describes plain hackery.

Here is a famous quote from an intellectual that you outright dismiss with your bullshit comment here.

quote-there-is-a-cult-of-ignorance-in-the-united-states-and-there-has-always-been-the-strain-isaac-asimov-46-11-18.jpg

The literate world would agree with Asimov. Not with you. It's fine, you can pridefully wallow in this ignorance all you want. It will never change the fact that you are wrong. It explains why you will never achieve the unwarranted respect that you think you deserve, and you will continue to be angry about it. You will continue to feel bullied, and grieved by those that run circles around you every day--not because they are wrong and you are right, but you lack the capacity to appreciate how wrong you are. Unfortunately, nothing can be done for you until you recognize how broken you are and you choose to fix it. Continue to be angry, though. Nothing will change in your life until you choose to get better.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
hAHAHHHAA I finally get it.......Svnla is a eurpean woman andf you never argiue with a european woman! Because they always have to have the last word even if they are making no otherr point than to get the last word!!

So now I am a woman? From EU? Are you sure? LOL.

Want a cookie? Real chocolate cookie.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
That's your opinion. I may or may not like whatever a poster have to say but he/she has the same right to say it as equally as any other member in here as long as it is within guideline/rules of this forum.

Just like the old saying of "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

having the same right to say different things does not mean that both comments are equally as valid or important. Do you understand the difference there?

You are confusing a declarative statement of general "rights" with one that assigns a value of quality. Those are not the same.

This is not an opinion. This is a very real difference in meaning.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Your ignorance is not as valid as my knowledge.

I can state that the sky is green. It is within the server rules, but it still won't be valid, or important.

Sure it may not be factually correct but I won't ever try to shout you down or censor or cuss you out or call your nasty names because I may or may not like or agree with what you say but you have the exact right to say what in your mind just as any other posters in here.

I may try to persuade you to change your mind with links from well know scientific sources but you can yell the sky is green all day and all night imo.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Well, who are going to sit here and decide what is not as "good" or "valid" or "important" and delete/censor the one(s) not up to the arbitration/snub? Do you really want to go down to that slippery slope?

As a free country, we should allow anyone to say anything (within reason...that's why I said "within guidelines/rules"). That's my view.

Vaccines save lives!

Vaccines are wrong and cause autism!

2 things people say, none of them break any rules. Only one of those is true (valid) and the other is inherently dangerous, untenable, and should not be said.

Do you now understand why you don't understand what you are saying?

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
actually I was being nice! You really don`t want to go there....do you??

The question is "do you?" Remember I am a woman from EU per you. Anyway, better stop here because some posters could come in this thread and yell..."this thread is not about any particular poster". :D

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Sure it may not be factually correct but I won't try to shout you down or censor or cuss you out or call your nasty names because I may or may not like what you say but you have the exact right to say what in your mind just as any other posters in here.

I may try to persuade you to change your mind with links from well know sources but you can yell the sky is green all day and all night.

wait a minute--so if you agree that an opposing statement is not factually correct compared to the one that is, how can you support the notion that it is just as valid?

Do you also believe that words hold whatever meaning you wish to assign to them, at any given time, out of simple convenience?

Are you, like many others, stuck on that "I have the right to say what I want, and the right to be free of all consequences from what I say?" Is that your problem?

Anyway, yes, you have the right to say something completely stupid. Not a single person has or ever will argue against that here. We also have a right to point out that the thing you say is wrong, and here is why; and if you continue to rebuff the criticism, to say what you are saying is very stupid. When you further deny this plain stupidity, we can only infer that it is perhaps you that is actually stupid. Therefore, we have the plain right to call you stupid, having found a complete dearth of evidence that explains otherwise.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Just walked out of the work building and most of the employees did not have masks on or the masks were not on properly (below the mouth/neck area) A handful of them were in groups and they were not away 6 ft or more. So much for mask and social distance.

Nov 17, 2019
I may not agree with what someone says, but I'll defend to the death their right to say it.

Or something like that.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Why not? Any poster p.o.v is as good/valid/important as any other poster as long as it is within the rules/guidelines of the forum.

Er no, any posters who are "within the rules/guidelines" are equally compliant of the rules and guidelines. What does that have to do with "good," "valid," or "important?"

I could cut a tremendous fart right now, and wouldn't be breaking any rules by doing it. Does that make my fart cloud just as good, valid and important as the collected works of Shakespeare?

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2006
Proclaimed the chud, as he drowned in blood and mucous
We
This. He gets it.

Go have a 35 year old woman enforce a intimidating biker dude or some other douche. It means "We can't enforce this shit, how about we try to pass it off to you ?"

easy. just shoot anyone who tries to come in your business. Wait til they cross the threshold though and then claim they were their to try and kill everyone by not wearing a mask. self defense, plus gene pool remover of idiots all in one.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
We

easy. just shoot anyone who tries to come in your business. Wait til they cross the threshold though and then claim they were their to try and kill everyone by not wearing a mask. self defense, plus gene pool remover of idiots all in one.
your the one to use absurd and idiotic examples.....to support your absurd and idiotic blabbering...

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
The question is "do you?" Remember I am a woman from EU per you. Anyway, better stop here because some posters could come in this thread and yell..."this thread is not about any particular poster". :D
well you seem to think it is all about you......carry on...you were saying.....

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Red (I suspect) area of a blue state, very near a very blue city. Strong leadership at the state and local areas has ensured we're at near 100% mask usage at all times. Reports from my in-laws down in SC are not nearly as glowing.

Less than glowing? That's some mighty positive spin for what's happening in GA/SC....I live in Hartwell, GA, about 25 mi. W of Anderson, SC.

Let's see.....masks are rarely worn and you're looked at suspiciously if you wear one. Both the wife and I have about a dozen masks each...and we wear them when outside of the house, well, except when walking our dogs or sitting on the porch.

In stores, people are congregating in knots, like always, sans masks. Oh, maybe the rare person is wearing one, but exceedingly rare. We both avoid stores/shopping except early in the morning when they open and just before they close, because of the cavalier attitude of stupidity that seems to infect the South.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I say what I mean. I mean what I say. I live what I speak.
Hopefully your also eating what you speak and doesit taste good? How do you get the shovel in your mouth??
How does it taste? I have to admit it sounds like you are all in so to speak.....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Muse

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Businesses like restaurants or bars enforce the "no shirt/no shoes" rule everyday. Why can't they enforce a "no mask" rule?
Because people are shockingly aggressive when being confronted for not wearing a mask. People will literally kill you for trying to enforce it.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Masks are for morons.

Never wore one. Never will. I come and go as I please, no significant store closures though some clothing stores have closed their fitting rooms.

Are you this guy?

Not sure if you are f'ing with people here. Do you have anyone in your family or close friends who at risk? I do, my wife had emergency surgery several weeks ago and her immune system is not 100% and her 91 yo mother lives with us. We do everything we can to protect ourselves. Hope you don't have any relatives or friends that are at risk. Good luck.

Reactions: DarthKyrie