Anyone exctied about Empire: Total War???

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

geoffry

Sep 3, 2007
I hadn't really paid attention to it until I heard the hype in here a few weeks ago, I took a gander and became quite intrigued, I'm looking forward to it now.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Originally posted by: Regs
http://www.hamachicity.com/emp...90092d70c006c9c02&

I counted 25 units, which is 5 more units than previous total war's. Looks like it's going to be more...epic!

That's not Empire Total War, that is Imperial Glory, which came out several years ago. Right now, the Total War series still only has 20 units per deck.

But, each unit is perhaps a 100 men stronger, so yeah, some improvement, but nothing too significant in that respect.

Originally posted by: geoffry
I hadn't really paid attention to it until I heard the hype in here a few weeks ago, I took a gander and became quite intrigued, I'm looking forward to it now.

That's good, wait until Leipzig. You will be utterly amazed what you find there, and I, for one, am incredibly excited.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
I enjoyed Medieval and Rome Total War, but got a bit bored with the swords, sandals and shining armor settings.

I have been anxiously awaiting a game to feature a blend of strategy and real time combat in the gunpowder age.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
I get all these fucking views, and no one comments? Grab your balls and make a post!!

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
The last one I played was Rome - which was excellent. It seemed really simplified in terms of formations and fatigue compared to the original M:TW, but I bet Empires will be awesome.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Originally posted by: MrAK
something for all you Total War fans! (just in case most of you haven't seen this yet)

Actual gameplay footage of a sea battle! ENJOY!:)

You're a couple posts late. ;)

If anyone wants to see a higher res version, I have one here

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: TehMac
Originally posted by: Bateluer
I have a treat for you guys

This looks pretty cool, and note, I did see a steam paddle warship in there, that could be very cool.

Feb 2009, bleh . . .

....Yeah, if it was released in 2008, it'd be buggy as shit, and have pathfinding issues all over the place. I think it's worth it.

That may be true, but I cannot work up much excitement for ETW 7 months before its release. :p

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Really? I have been excited/anticipating it since it was released. Interesting how different peeps have different levels of interest depending.

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
Originally posted by: MrAK
Originally posted by: irishScott
Hell yeah, although my 2006 laptop (my only computer) probably won't be able to run it decently

Start prepping for it, it comes out Q1 in 2009, you have opportunities to scour for comp parts, the 4870s should be really cheap, if not nVidia cards, and Intel is coming out with some new processors, AMD is too, but those should be merely decent.

See what you can do, I want you to enjoy this game in its full glory!! :|

If I read it right, you stated that the game will be out Q1 in 2009? I thought the release date was November 2008, correct me if I'm wrong.

Another thing came to mind, would the game, basing on what it may require of a computer, run pretty ok on a laptop like this? ASUS laptop
sorry for the minor-off-topic question. Its just I plan to run this game on a laptop like this.
It would mean so much if you guys could help me regarding this question.

regards,
MrAK

I'm sure that laptop will run it easily. The graphics card and slower hard drive will slow it a bit but it will run the game for sure.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Originally posted by: StinkyPinky
Why would it be getting mixed reactions? That looks great.

Some people think the map is too...empty, I guess. I kinda see their point, but it's a work in progress, who knows how its going to look?

MarcVenice

Moderator Emeritus <br>
Apr 2, 2007
Ballpark figure, I'd say a nice 2.4ghz core 2 duo, a HD4850/9800GTX+ and 4gb of ram. This should do for medium/high settings at 1680*1050.

About the game, the gameplay footage from the navy battle looked awesome. Here's a few things though, when you enter another ship, and capture it, I think you should be heavily rewarded, and capture the cargo or something. Ships were by no means cheap by then, gaining another ship should actually 'mean' something. Glad to see the Dutch are represented, judging from the first campaign screenshot. I hope the 'regular' battles are better then they used to be as well, more intuitive, with units not moving as akward as they used to, and AI being a bit better. I also hope that cavalry is really powerfull, scarce, yet powerfull, so if you get to flank some musketeers, you utterly destroy them. I also hope that artillery plays a somewhat bigger role in battles, because in the old TW series artillery was never much good, if any at all.