Any of you hippies protest at Wall Street?

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
the majority of those broke asses look like, well, you guys. so just wondering if any of ya'll were out there. how was it?

Last edited by a moderator:

jhansman

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2004
Nope, too busy polishing my ass crack with patchouli and cleaning my Birkenstocks...

Peace.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Got a job, can't exactly loiter around lower manhattan for unspecified amount of time...

WackyDan

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Sorry... Too busy reaping the rewards of working hard and networking to be too concerned about those whiners.

That said, they have some valid points, but when I read some of the shit here:http://wearethe99percent.tumblr.com I sense that a lot of the whiners made really bad decisions in their life to begin with.

Argo

Lifer
Apr 8, 2000
I got a kick from those protests was when I saw somebody hold a sign that read: "Job is a right!".

That sign alone lost all of their credibility with me.

superccs

Dec 29, 2004
OP, you're an idiot.

Hippies always protesting pointless wars, fighting for civil rights, protesting the raping of our economy, trying to save the environment... damn hippies why don't they just roll over and suck it.

I see you in the toilet after eating mexican food, you POS.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I was in downtown Dallas today protesting the evil illuminati conspiracy to hire illegal aliens thereby keeping them fat and happy allowing them to consume cheapass Chinese made products for the sole purpose of killing off whats left of our natural born, English speaking Americans by taking away their jobs producing high unemployment along with skyrocketing taxes that dont even cover the bills forcing an eventual defualt on the national debt, which will result in the greenback going to zero.

Bastards.
emot_mad2.gif

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Lazy ass bums filled with class envy.

When they march for healthcare sign me up though.

linuxboy

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yes, I organized it and had two bouncers charge $10 cover charge with the premise that it was the latest movable outdoor night club with a hippie-protest theme. Boy were they surprised. Getting harder and harder to make an honest buck these days.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
the majority of those broke asses[ look like, well, you guys. so just wondering if any of ya'll were out there. how was it?

Minus the one's with the 1200 dollar SLR cameras around their necks. :p

I have to chuckle at the stupidity of these people though. Most just come off as entitled little snots.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Minus the one's with the 1200 dollar SLR cameras around their necks. :p

I have to chuckle at the stupidity of these people though. Most just come off as entitled little snots.

I too protest being poor and repressed with my $2000 macbook pro:

article-2044195-0E2D4F7100000578-153_634x431.jpg

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
I too protest being poor and repressed with my $2000 macbook pro:

article-2044195-0E2D4F7100000578-153_634x431.jpg

Everyone agrees with me that I am the most creative person they know. My MacBook PRO allows me to express my creativity by letting everyone know that I own a MacBook PRO. People sometimes ask "Is that a MacBook PRO?" to which I reply, "Yes it is, because I am creative".
Once when I was hiking and became lost in the wilderness, I was attacked by bears. Luckily, I had my MacBook PRO with me which has my face as the desktop picture. I raised the screen high above my head, effectively looking taller to the bears, and they ran away. I then used the shiny titanium case to signal a rescue plane.
The best thing about having a MacBook PRO is that you can take it anywhere. Now I can have Jason time anytime;
http://www.27bslash6.com/jason.html

PhoKingGuy

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2007
I don't get some of these, every single one of my friends that worked hard at their degree in undergrad (not even all science or technical) have really good jobs now or in graduate school about 2 years post college.

That's what happens when you choose a major that actually does something rather than visual media/film?

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
I don't get some of these, every single one of my friends that worked hard at their degree in undergrad (not even all science or technical) have really good jobs now or in graduate school about 2 years post college.

That's what happens when you choose a major that actually does something rather than visual media/film?

Even then you can take any degree and get a job teaching elementary school in the middle of nowhere in Texas.

It's just that some people can't afford/aren't good enough to live in a big city with big city culture but think that they should have it all given to them anyway.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
OP, you're an idiot.

Hippies always protesting pointless wars, fighting for civil rights, protesting the raping of our economy, trying to save the environment... damn hippies why don't they just roll over and suck it.

I see you in the toilet after eating mexican food, you POS.

ahahahHahHa! you must be one of those hippies that got maced or pulled out of the crowd. did you cry when they ziptied your fragile wrists?

and you must be high on PCP if you're seeing people in the toilet, damn hippie. probably an illegal mexican hippie too.. lulzasaurus

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Sorry... Too busy reaping the rewards of working hard and networking to be too concerned about those whiners.

That said, they have some valid points, but when I read some of the shit here:http://wearethe99percent.tumblr.com I sense that a lot of the whiners made really bad decisions in their life to begin with.

Wow some of these are a joke.

It's wall streets fault they made such shitty decisions?

What they couldn't get the government to "bail them out" of their own bad choices so they move on to the next place to bitch and moan instead of facing reality, sucking it up and working their asses off.

Some of those do seem like terrible situations and I feel bad for them but I think their energies are misguided and wasted.

Great example.

"i am over $250,000 in debt
house $160,000 car $5,000 student loans $100,000
(for me and my husband )
we spend over $18,000 a month paying down debt
We have $100 or less for food each month
this needs to change!"

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
you guys seem to be forgetting that "wall street" IS bullshit, regardless of what other stupid shit hippies say

dwell

pics?
Oct 9, 1999
Whiners. I'll think about them whilst sipping a $1000 bottle of champagne next time.

LookBehindYou

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2010
Far too many people that expect far too much for doing for too little, or just simply have too high of expectations. That VAST majority of america >90% don't have problems finding modest work, saving a modest amount of money, and LIVING WITHIN THEIR MEANS.

This coming from a high school drop out earning ~ 52K, by himself, ~ 80K household income, with a child and a wife with just a high school education.

Too many people think they can or have the right to live in Manhattan (sp? fuck it), making 250K, drinking martinis every night.

That's great you have an education, but I guess that doesn't make you smart.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004

Even those are legit paths if you actually care to work towards something. I have several old friends that went into that field and they're all having varying amounts of success that trends nicely with how much effort each puts into school, finding work, and then doing that work well. I don't think the problem is the field itself so much as there's a lot of lazy bastards that take that route and expect everything to fall into their lap once school is over. That type of laziness would screw you over in any field though.