Anti-semitism on the rise..? Comments by liberal congress woman, calls for apology from fellow Democrats.

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Deliberately obtuse often?

No, I honestly don't know why you brought up the power so I asked. If say a country/group has the desire but not the power, would that be equal to having the power but not the desire? I just figured you brought up the power for a reason that I did not understand.

Jan 25, 2011
Meanwhile, in Israel...

DzT8NENW0AA9aVd.jpg

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
No, I honestly don't know why you brought up the power so I asked. If say a country/group has the desire but not the power, would that be equal to having the power but not the desire? I just figured you brought up the power for a reason that I did not understand.

The Israelis use their power to abuse the Palestinians in a myriad of ways. That's beyond obvious. It's also obvious that they've been abusing our sentiments about the Holocaust & the Jewish people to gain our support for doing so. The "two state solution" is a lie. Israel has made it impossible. There's no way the body politic in Israel will give back enough territory to make it viable w/o enormous outside pressure. There's no way they want to integrate the Pals into Israeli society, either, so perpetual occupation & ongoing expropriation is their real answer.

America has been their unwitting enabler for 50 years.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
The Israelis use their power to abuse the Palestinians in a myriad of ways. That's beyond obvious. It's also obvious that they've been abusing our sentiments about the Holocaust & the Jewish people to gain our support for doing so. The "two state solution" is a lie. Israel has made it impossible. There's no way the body politic in Israel will give back enough territory to make it viable w/o enormous outside pressure. There's no way they want to integrate the Pals into Israeli society, either, so perpetual occupation & ongoing expropriation is their real answer.

America has been their unwitting enabler for 50 years.

None of that answers my question. Do you want to limit their power, or, limit their desire? I get you may not be able to do that so its a hypothetical.

To what you said though, I made bold the part that I think you have wrong. If they did not want to integrate the "Pals" then why are they letting them in? Why do they hold high level government positions? Also, what makes you think the "Pals" want to integrate? From what I see, many do not want to become part of Israel.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
calling out Israeli Leadership over actions that many member countries of the U.N. call human rights abuses =/= antisemitism no matter how much you would like it to OP....

Reactions: Vic and DarthKyrie

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
None of that answers my question. Do you want to limit their power, or, limit their desire? I get you may not be able to do that so its a hypothetical.

To what you said though, I made bold the part that I think you have wrong. If they did not want to integrate the "Pals" then why are they letting them in? Why do they hold high level government positions? Also, what makes you think the "Pals" want to integrate? From what I see, many do not want to become part of Israel.

So dishonest. I want my fellow Americans to judge the actions of the govt of Israel as they would the actions of any other govt. Pretend that the Israelis aren't Jewish, that they're Hindu or Christian or anything else. It doesn't look the same at all outside the frame of the Holocaust & the oppressed Jewish people.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
So dishonest. I want my fellow Americans to judge the actions of the govt of Israel as they would the actions of any other govt. Pretend that the Israelis aren't Jewish, that they're Hindu or Christian or anything else. It doesn't look the same at all outside the frame of the Holocaust & the oppressed Jewish people.

What is dishonest?

Yes, people should judge the actions of the government outside of being Jewish, or any other religion.

But, you now have not answered my question twice. So, are you doing on purpose, or by accident?

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
calling out Israeli Leadership over actions that many member countries of the U.N. call human rights abuses =/= antisemitism no matter how much you would like it to OP....

For fucks sake. In the OP as well as several other times throughout this thread, I said that her tweet about the lobbying / money / "Benjamins" in itself really wasn't a problem. However her displayed history and saying Israel is doing evil things and wishing for allah to solve it does at least straddle the line and is questionable, at best. To me it really crosses the line and she sounds like a bigot given her history. Of course the left laps it up because you don't actually care about that, you just care about being anti-right, and the right tends to be pro-Israel.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What is dishonest?

Yes, people should judge the actions of the government outside of being Jewish, or any other religion.

But, you now have not answered my question twice. So, are you doing on purpose, or by accident?

Your question disingenuous, at best. It's your usual quibbling about a peripheral point.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
It is about as racist as the three point sign in basketball (another brilliant never-Trump'er trying to manufacture racism). You leftist cucks build the racism part, create it where there was none. It is all about creating the victim. You are the real racists today.

More on idiot leftists running with the three point sign being Nazism... so stupid.

So I make a point of fact and you reply with something utterly irrelevant.

Was there something about the point that you couldn't address it?

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
And the double-double down. Why did I bring up the fact that the Israelis have the power? Because it's the truth.

That is a fact. There are many facts about the country. Why choose to bring up that one? I imagine you thought it was relevant to a point you wanted to make. This, I asked why you did it.

How could that be dishonest?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
That is a fact. There are many facts about the country. Why choose to bring up that one? I imagine you thought it was relevant to a point you wanted to make. This, I asked why you did it.

How could that be dishonest?

You were right to ask that question. The fact that Israel "has the power" is highly relevant to many who are anti-Israel on the left. This more than anti-semitism is I think what motivates the less rational criticisms of Israel. Ever heard of "might makes right?" Liberals tend to think that might makes wrong, the opposite fallacy. If you have all the guns, then you're the bad guy and the bully. That is why they instinctively side with the Palestinians.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
For fucks sake. In the OP as well as several other times throughout this thread, I said that her tweet about the lobbying / money / "Benjamins" in itself really wasn't a problem. However her displayed history and saying Israel is doing evil things and wishing for allah to solve it does at least straddle the line and is questionable, at best. To me it really crosses the line and she sounds like a bigot given her history. Of course the left laps it up because you don't actually care about that, you just care about being anti-right, and the right tends to be pro-Israel.
Are you and TH related? You dont want to talk about the OP, you want to talk about your own subject, how the left creates racism and dems are the real racists today.. Instead of hijacking this thread then, how about creating your own? Or is those the reason you are on vacation all the time, and now you try and snipe this one?

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You were right to ask that question. The fact that Israel "has the power" is highly relevant to many who are anti-Israel on the left. This more than anti-semitism is I think what motivates the less rational criticisms of Israel. Ever heard of "might makes right?" Liberals tend to think that might makes wrong, the opposite fallacy. If you have all the guns, then you're the bad guy and the bully. That is why they instinctively side with the Palestinians.

Is there some part of this map, linked earlier, that you fail to comprehend?

Entous-West-Bank-Settlements-Map.jpg

Anybody who thinks it represents an honest Israeli effort towards a two state solution is willfully blind.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Is there some part of this map, linked earlier, that you fail to comprehend?

Entous-West-Bank-Settlements-Map.jpg

Anybody who thinks it represents an honest Israeli effort towards a two state solution is willfully blind.
It is a map reflective of the arbitrary carving up of the Middle East aftet WW1 and WW2 and the failure of the UN. This is not a problem for Israel to solve as they were not the ones to create it.

As for the topic itself, there is nothing wrong with criticizing Israel, but doing so with anti-Semitic dog whistles is tone deaf at best and irresponsible at worst. Omar apologized, so there is nothing left to discuss.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It is a map reflective of the arbitrary carving up of the Middle East aftet WW1 and WW2 and the failure of the UN. This is not a problem for Israel to solve as they were not the ones to create it.

As for the topic itself, there is nothing wrong with criticizing Israel, but doing so with anti-Semitic dog whistles is tone deaf at best and irresponsible at worst. Omar apologized, so there is nothing left to discuss.

That's utterly dishonest. Israel has purposefully and systematically fractured the Palestinian population of the West Bank into ever shrinking isolated enclaves. But they keep telling us they're working on a two state solution when their every move indicates otherwise. And they get over on Americans because we want to believe them.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
That's utterly dishonest. Israel has purposefully and systematically fractured the Palestinian population of the West Bank into ever shrinking isolated enclaves. But they keep telling us they're working on a two state solution when their every move indicates otherwise. And they get over on Americans because we want to believe them.
Why is it the responsibility of Israel to carve out a two-state solution.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Why is it the responsibility of Israel to carve out a two-state solution.

Because if they're not doing it they've been lying to their American friends about seeking peace with the Pals for decades. Given what's happened since the Oslo accords they're obviously lying & you're buying it anyway.