AMD RYZEN Builders Thread

Page 50 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
I don't want to make anybody upset, but my I want to give my feedback. The only memory I have had be bad in the last several years was from Avexir, and I could not even get to an RMA, tried to contact, could not, and they were both DOA.

I have an 8GB DDR4-3000 stick in one or my builds that has been running flawlessly, but that's my only experience with them. I'd probably only buy from a retailer that I knew I could do a return through them rather than have to RMA.

No reply is a very bad sign, though... but it's possible the company is better now, depending on when that happened.

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
I have an 8GB DDR4-3000 stick in one or my builds that has been running flawlessly, but that's my only experience with them. I'd probably only buy from a retailer that I knew I could do a return through them rather than have to RMA.

No reply is a very bad sign, though... but it's possible the company is better now, depending on when that happened.
The problem is that no matter how hard I tried, I could not find a website, or a phone number to contact !! And nothing came with the memory.

They are in Taiwan, no phone in the US

Edit: I see they now have a website. I would still never buy these personally.

Last edited:

Zoffster1

Feb 25, 2017
I Can't post with mine past 2400
y3mvAKE109gA148JcClVJDFvXDo7RGBXjLsqJ5rWz_qOnBocErML3bIneLcKPnkrokUFO9ZU275cY2mC7FM_5QcUfnj_UyX-OcuDoQS536PBhEaLvx_chY4uTRFYvzfBnuzrOcK0jWmrfNlfWIzMr-vHWid-5tz8MQDyZyg3VCWAew
Dear lord, it's the size of a small moon.

Valantar

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2014
My Ryzen just got here.

There seems to be a whole lot of nothing.

Literally 95% of the box is empty.
It needs room to fit all that performance ;)

I just got the message that my motherboard delivery was pushed back another week. Yay. I guess I'm truly in the club. AoPEWfRMtA (Association of PC Enthusiasts Waiting for Ryzen Motherboards to Arrive), Norwegian chapter. Founder and President.

Well, maybe ITX motherboards start showing up before delivery. I wouldn't mind that at all.

Reactions: Doom2pro

Mockingbird

Feb 12, 2017
What is going on with AM4 X370 motherboard stock?

AMD’s Ryzen 7 processors are officially available and following positive reviews, many are looking into building a new AMD-based system at the moment. Unfortunately, there is one thing standing in the way- motherboard supply. Right now it seems that X370 and to a lesser extent B350 motherboards are becoming very difficult to find in stock, with retailers like Overclockers UK, Amazon and more stuck with offering pre-orders while they await new shipments. With so many readers emailing us complaining they aren’t buying a Ryzen CPU until motherboard stock is available (and our public poll showed 33% of readers were holding off on a purchase for the time being) we spoke with our industry sources to find out when we can expect new AM4 availability, alongside why this problem arose in the first place.

Let’s start with the root of the problem. We already know that retail Ryzen CPUs are great, we have even given our highest gold award to both the Ryzen 7 1800x and 1700x. However, Ryzen wasn’t always looking this promising and from what we have heard from insiders, motherboard makers were less than impressed with the first Ryzen engineering samples they received some time before the launch. As a result many major motherboard manufacturers held off on making a lot of stock available as they were unsure how well X370 and B350 boards would actually sell.

It wasn’t until later sample revisions and reviews arrived that things started to look so positive. Unfortunately, this didn’t leave much time for major motherboard manufacturers to boost their stock, leaving us with a shortage for the time being. Right now if you look for X370 motherboards on Amazon UK, you will only find four listed, two from ASUS and two from MSI with all four models out of stock. Overclockers UK has a much wider selection of motherboards to choose from but they are all listed as ‘pre-order’ currently.

According to our industry source, the major motherboard manufacturers have been scrambling to get UK stocks in the wake of Ryzen’s successful launch. From what we have heard, those of you waiting to build a system will be able to pick up a range of X370 motherboards within the next two weeks, at which point stock should return to healthy levels. This can only be good for AMD sales, as it seems somewhat pointless buying Ryzen if you are having a problem getting a proper motherboard to pair up with it.

https://www.kitguru.net/tech-news/f...-is-going-on-with-am4-x370-motherboard-stock/

Reactions: Dresdenboy

PG

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
mDisEnchantment, relax. The Asus Prime B350 Plus most recent BIOS, 0503, available on the website and released 2-28-17 helps memory compatability. My set of Gskill DDR4-3200 Trident Z CL16 ram (2 sticks of 8G each) runs at auto at 2133, but I can jump it to 2666 STABLE on this BIOS, by merely chosing in the BIOS under advanced the Dram choice and changing from Auto to D.O.C.P. which will set the parameters and all the timing. Then set your ram speed at 2666 and see if it boots. It will up the ram voltage from 1.2 to 1.35.

I decided to stop at 2666 for now. Tried 2933 but had trouble booting in. Just going from 2133 to 2666, my Aida64 Memory read and right scores jumped from slightly over 30,000 to @40,000!

If you have other problems with the board just PM me. I'll try to help you. I bought mine late Saturday afternoon at the MicroCenter in St. David's PA and pulled an "all niter" with the setup. Had trouble with my EK water block so I went back to my trust Corsair H110i GT which is working great. The 480PCIe NVMe M.2 2280 ssd is blistering fast and the windows setup (I also used the Windows 10 32/64 USB stick) was incredibly fast.

I have the same board and same type of RAM, but it won't go over 2400 no matter what I do.
Somewhere else I read that some Trident Z I have is Samsung D die and some is E die, so there are differences in the IC used even if the RAM part number is the same. My RAM is F4-3200C16D-16GTZ and it has a date on the sticker that says 2016 Mar, (March I assume).

Anyway, if I pick DOCP, then choose 2666 it won't boot.
If I don't pick DOCP, but change the speed to 2666, set voltage at 1.35, and set timings to 16-16-16-16-36 then it won't boot. (Yes, the bios has an extra 16 in there, but I don't know why. Auto at 2133 shows 15-15-15-15-35.)
If I just pick 2666 and leave everything else at Auto, it won't boot.

Each failed attempt is incredibly frustrating. It just sits there not doing anything for what seems like minutes, so I have to hold down the power button to turn it off. I wait maybe 10 seconds and hit the power button. Again, nothing for a while so I do the same hold the power button trick to shut it down. The third, or sometimes, 4th attempt to boot, then it starts but says overclocking failed, hit F1 to go to the bios.
I gave up and let it run at 2133 for now. 2400 with the 16-16-16-36 timings works, but it doesn't seem to make any performance differences so I gave up and went back to the 2133.

It's very frustrating to try to figure out what RAM will work at 2666 or better with this board. Many review sites got Corsair Vengeance LPX. Corsair's website has many kits listed as working with Ryzen. One 3000 Mhz set on the list is commonly available at Micro Center near me, but Asus's QVL list for this board says this same RAM is only supported at 2133. I don't want to spend $129 plus tax on RAM that might only run at 2133. That's not an improvement and a waste of money. We need some bios updates ASAP.

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
So I finally cancelled my motherboard "pre-order" from Amazon. They burned through their March 9th allocation without shipping mine, and they could give me no shipping date.

So I overpaid some scalper on eBay for a C6H to get me a board that will apparently arrive next Tuesday. Finally. No idea what UEFI rev I'm getting but I'll update that ASAP.

Nobody is selling the Taichi anywhere . . . not even on eBay. Found the C6H and MSI XPOWER but not any of the other "big boy" X370 boards . . . sad really. At this point I think I would even have purchased the fatal1ty pro board if it had been available.

Well okay they had the Biostar Racing 7 board but meh whatever.

Reactions: Justinbaileyman

krumme

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2009
I have the same board and same type of RAM, but it won't go over 2400 no matter what I do.
Somewhere else I read that some Trident Z I have is Samsung D die and some is E die, so there are differences in the IC used even if the RAM part number is the same. My RAM is F4-3200C16D-16GTZ and it has a date on the sticker that says 2016 Mar, (March I assume).

Anyway, if I pick DOCP, then choose 2666 it won't boot.
If I don't pick DOCP, but change the speed to 2666, set voltage at 1.35, and set timings to 16-16-16-16-36 then it won't boot. (Yes, the bios has an extra 16 in there, but I don't know why. Auto at 2133 shows 15-15-15-15-35.)
If I just pick 2666 and leave everything else at Auto, it won't boot.

Each failed attempt is incredibly frustrating. It just sits there not doing anything for what seems like minutes, so I have to hold down the power button to turn it off. I wait maybe 10 seconds and hit the power button. Again, nothing for a while so I do the same hold the power button trick to shut it down. The third, or sometimes, 4th attempt to boot, then it starts but says overclocking failed, hit F1 to go to the bios.
I gave up and let it run at 2133 for now. 2400 with the 16-16-16-36 timings works, but it doesn't seem to make any performance differences so I gave up and went back to the 2133.

It's very frustrating to try to figure out what RAM will work at 2666 or better with this board. Many review sites got Corsair Vengeance LPX. Corsair's website has many kits listed as working with Ryzen. One 3000 Mhz set on the list is commonly available at Micro Center near me, but Asus's QVL list for this board says this same RAM is only supported at 2133. I don't want to spend $129 plus tax on RAM that might only run at 2133. That's not an improvement and a waste of money. We need some bios updates ASAP.
Try c16 17 17 17 35

Relax you will get to 2666 with the new bios comming.

Last edited:

krumme

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2009
Ok my noctua d15 fits in the node 804 with two fans. But its +0 mm -0mm. Literally. Caling it a tight fit is an understatment. Thats with corsair lpx ram and they push the second fan to the limit.

Reactions: dnavas and Valantar

Malogeek

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2017
yaktribe.org
I have the same problem with my Asus and Corsair Vengeance LPX. QVL lists it as 2133 instead of 3000 due to their issues with it at the moment. One reviewer of my ASUS board and Ryzen was sent an advance version of BIOS 0505 and was able to run his LPX at 2933 so I'm hoping that will be available soon.

Despoiler

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2007
Asrock released a new beta BIOS today. This is the second beta BIOS in 2 days. Looks juicy.

[Beta] 1.54
1.Improve XMP DRAM compatibility.
2.Add Simultaneous Multi-Threading(SMT) item in BIOS setup.

unseenmorbidity

Golden Member
Nov 27, 2016
Has anyone seen any reviews for that mobo? The 5G NIC is kinda tempting but haven't seen any tests for that Aquantia chip.
Not that I know of. Tech City of youtube did one of the k4, but it was basically 5 minutes of 'Here are all the different ports'.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003

guskline

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2006
Even though it is truly entry level I guess I should be glad I was able to snag an Asus Prime B350 Plus mb.
I eventually want an Asus ROG Crosshair VI mb, but it looks like the wait will be until sometime in April.
I'll keep my RyZen 7 -1800x at stock clock but ram runs great at 2666.
CrossFire of my RX480s works but not at the highest speed.

Justinbaileyman

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2013
So I finally cancelled my motherboard "pre-order" from Amazon. They burned through their March 9th allocation without shipping mine, and they could give me no shipping date.

So I overpaid some scalper on eBay for a C6H to get me a board that will apparently arrive next Tuesday. Finally. No idea what UEFI rev I'm getting but I'll update that ASAP.

Nobody is selling the Taichi anywhere . . . not even on eBay. Found the C6H and MSI XPOWER but not any of the other "big boy" X370 boards . . . sad really. At this point I think I would even have purchased the fatal1ty pro board if it had been available.

Well okay they had the Biostar Racing 7 board but meh whatever.
I know, this no "Motherboard" , "Everyone is sold out crap" is completey "Ludicrous". where are all the motherboards at? There is no way in hell there is this huge of a shortage. I am guessing this is some kind of tactic like the video game console companies pull every generation to boost sales.This whole situation is utterly pissing me off!! For the love of god all I want is a darn motherboard without having to pay some ebay scalpers prices. :(

burninatortech4

Jan 29, 2014
Does anyone know which Corsair AIO's are compatible with AM4 out of the box? Corsair's website says the H110i is but then confuses me by taking me to the AM4 bracket ordering page (with a 2 week shipping ETA).

Justinbaileyman

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2013
LOL there is a reason why no one has bought that motherboard. Besides I have a r7 1800x and dont want to start a fire with those cheap VRM's on that board. I am pretty desperate but for a top end board. Plus I guess I just like to complain alot and be whiney.