AMD RYZEN Builders Thread

Page 51 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Justinbaileyman

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2013
Should I go ahead and buy this board? I heard lots of horror stories like to auto bricks from auto bios updates? Did one of you guys cancel your order for me so I could purchase this board or did it just come back in to stock?

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Should I go ahead and buy this board? I heard lots of horror stories like to auto bricks from auto bios updates? Did one of you guys cancel your order for me so I could purchase this board or did it just come back in to stock?

I wouldn't touch it if it was me. Funny you mentioned the canceled order thing as it was the 1st thing I thought.

Anybody close to a microcenter might want to check stock as it looks like they got a shipment recently. Selection varies by location but some look to have a decent selection now.

Justinbaileyman

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2013
Yeah the auto bricking thing has got me pretty freaked out. I think I will try to hold off for the Gigabyte gaming 5 or 7. If the bricking issue has been resolved please post in this thread cause I need a board asap.

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
I had a C6H coming in from eBay

I considered returning it and buying one from the Egg for less

Then I saw the Taichi on sale on NewEgg, so I got it instead. Will probably return the C6H. So Taichi it is!

Amazon allegedly has the Taichi on the 14th. Good luck with that.

Insert_Nickname

Diamond Member
May 6, 2012
Yeah the auto bricking thing has got me pretty freaked out.

I just thought I'd chime in with my experience with the C6H. It has run completely stable more-or-less 24/7 since last Thursday. With plenty of reboots thrown in. Currently using BIOS 0702, and I'm not changing that until ASUS gets a "crashfree" BIOS out. (the pun was intended... ;))

Only issue I've had is the Crucial memory I've got absolutely flat-out refusing to go past 2400MHz. But I can wait for an improved BIOS to solve that.

unseenmorbidity

Golden Member
Nov 27, 2016
I had a C6H coming in from eBay

I considered returning it and buying one from the Egg for less

Then I saw the Taichi on sale on NewEgg, so I got it instead. Will probably return the C6H. So Taichi it is!

Amazon allegedly has the Taichi on the 14th. Good luck with that.
Do you have a link to amazon?

Justinbaileyman

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2013
I just thought I'd chime in with my experience with the C6H. It has run completely stable more-or-less 24/7 since last Thursday. With plenty of reboots thrown in. Currently using BIOS 0702, and I'm not changing that until ASUS gets a "crashfree" BIOS out. (the pun was intended... ;))

Only issue I've had is the Crucial memory I've got absolutely flat-out refusing to go past 2400MHz. But I can wait for an improved BIOS to solve that.
Well I guess now I'll have to wait anyways cause I was in check out and when I clicked on Secure payment button the motherboard was no longer available. guess I wasn't fast enough. Yeah I am now starting to think about going Asrock Taichi as well. 12+4 power for a total of 300w cpu input in crazy cool.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
by the time i get my board AM5 will probably be announced

i can't just hover on sites all day in hopes of snagging something, but i feel like that's what people are doing.

Reactions: Justinbaileyman

Justinbaileyman

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2013
by the time i get my board AM5 will probably be announced

i can't just hover on sites all day in hopes of snagging something, but i feel like that's what people are doing.
That's what I am doing... Clicking refresh on 3 sites about every 5 mins or so :( I should Of just snagged the Hero VI and been done with it. Just letting my OCD paranoia get the better of me.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
I just "bought" the free Cooler Master AM4 bracket for my old Hyper212+ (aka paid $7 shipping). I guess I am a Ryzen builder now :)

Just need to wait for the motherboard I want to become available ... I'm holding out for the ASRock AB350m-Pro4s board. The one ASUS mATX board is available at Microcenter but I think I will stick with ASRock because I've been liking them a lot better than asus lately.

Phaetos

Jan 27, 2005
I just "bought" the free Cooler Master AM4 bracket for my old Hyper212+ (aka paid $7 shipping). I guess I am a Ryzen builder now :)

Just need to wait for the motherboard I want to become available ... I'm holding out for the ASRock AB350m-Pro4s board. The one ASUS mATX board is available at Microcenter but I think I will stick with ASRock because I've been liking them a lot better than asus lately.

When is that board coming available? It's been on backorder at Newegg since the launch.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
When is that board coming available? It's been on backorder at Newegg since the launch.

That's the question of the hour ... no idea, I haven't been able to find any info. It's times like these when I regret going mATX.

edit: I think you're even looking at the normal ATX AB350 on Newegg. the AB350m isn't even listed :rolleyes: