FrankieXenon

Jul 2, 2018
I recently purchased the Asus RT-AC68U to replace my old Verizon Fios Actiontec M1424. I turned my Actiontec into a modem bridge but unfortunately there is bottleneck and a few issues. Whenever I'm downloading games on my PC, which uses Ethernet. All the WiFi clients are slowed down by a significant amount. The Actiontec transfers internet through Lan port 4 instead of Wan because I can not get Wan to work. So it would be like Actiontec Lan port 4 to the AC68U Wan port. I'm not exactly sure what modem to get that is compatible with Verizon Fios. A good replacement for the M1424. I heard that I would need to buy a MoCa bridge in order for Verizon internet to work. But would something like TP Link TD W8960N work as well? What would be a better option?

Thank you very much

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Yes, see the FIOS Internet FAQ section on DSLReports.com, they've got the best info.

thecoolnessrune is right, if you get your ONT switched over to "Ethernet WAN", then you can just plug in your router directly.

Things get slightly more complicated if you are a FIOS TV subscriber, and have set-top boxes.

Reactions: FrankieXenon