After Hillary, who's next?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I change my mind. It will be Mr T. He has the most chains, the heaviest chains, the best chains. He pities the fools. In addition, he starred in blockbuster all star hit from 1983 called "DC Cab."

Trump is at best a week imitation of a watered down and stupified unlikable Mr T. Imagine if the "real deal" were to run. He would be unstoppable!
One of my fave Key and Peele skits:
https://www.google.com/#q=key+and+peele+mr+t

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Plenty of Clintons in the pipeline....

clintonlegacy.jpg

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
After 8 years of Clinton, family health insurance premiums will be $25,450 annually with $3,212 deductible. These numbers are no more unbelievable than 2016's numbers would have been believable in 2008. So the question is, what is going to be left of the economy when insurance rates exceed the inflation adjusted federal poverty level?

Sources:

http://kff.org/report-section/ehbs-2015-summary-of-findings/
https://kaiserfamilyfoundation.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/76723.pdf
Simple linear extrapolation.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I like the high deductible plan with HSA. Great idea that conservatives should also support, since it's using market forces.
Consumers have skin in the game, which is great. Look at the EpiPen situation. Effectively, people paying out of pocket applied political pressure through Congress on the drug maker, and will now get a 50% discount via coupon compared to insurer. If you are an employer, then paying for same EpiPen through insurance will cost you $600 + up to 20% insurer profit margin, so upwards of $720, or you can give your employees a high deductible plan and put $300 towards their HSA and they can buy the same EpiPen with it. So you took out out $300 of drug cost, and $120 of insurer overhead. That's how we lower health care costs.
Also, if you don't use your HSA, it becomes your extra 401k when you retire. Wonderful idea.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
lets see...

bush, clinton, clinton, bush, bush, obama, obama, clinton...

i think another clinton then some sorta hybrid bush twice after that.

gotta keep the combo going.
..., <--, -->, <--, -->, B, A, Start.

My guess would be Warren. She seems to be able to keep the left unified while appealing to moderates. Biden by then would be getting a little up there in age, which isn't an issue for me, but I just don't see him wanting to run. Kaine is a bit of a wild card, but after a hypothetical 8 years of being VPOTUS, who knows how the public would look upon him.

TheGardener

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2014
My guess would be Warren.

Right church, but wrong pew. [Sorry atheists for making a religious analogy. Hope you didn't ignite in flames.]

So it will be a Dem from Massachusetts who currently has a seat in the US House. But he's someone much younger than Warren. He's 36 yrs old, and someone from a family of past and past potential US monarchs. He's affectionately called Carrothead. But unlike those family members who preceded him, he can speak without 5 'ahhs' and 'uhms" in one sentence. Assuming that the Hildabeast is elected, and Warren is given a cabinet post, he will run for [and win] Warren's vacated Senate seat. If not, then Markey will be told to step aside in 2020. So I figure he'd be a presidential candidate for 2024 or 2028.

joe-kennedy-III_2743460b.jpg

Last edited: