After Hillary, who's next?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
I don't think you can substantiate that "losing at the polls" bit...

He's mentioned as the front-runner in most accounts that have written about the 2004 democratic primary for the senate. The primary reason for that, no pun intended (perhaps a little), was because he was. ;)

USAToday
The Democratic primary front-runner, Blair Hull,...

Last edited:

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Clinton is done in one.

Sanders is smartly keeping quiet because he understands the implications of a Trump presidency, but he will hold considerable influence. I expect she will take some heat from the far left.

Similarly, I expect year 1 and 2 to be all about her emails. She wont be able to control the news cycles as every release will expose new innuendos and witch hunts.

She may win the election, perhaps by a landslide, but it will not represent a popular mandate. She will face considerable obstructionism but lacks the talent to leverage it going into the midterms.

Lastly, she will no longer be able to avoid the press or control the narrative, an environment she never does well in.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Can't we think about this later?
This. I'm so sick of the perpetual campaign/race that has occurred basically since 2004. And it's not just for President, Senators etc are constantly marketing themselves.

Personally I'd like it if they spent say at least two full days a week actually doing their day jobs. Is that too much to ask?

Surely there are earthquakes/riots/foreign wars/etc. that the 24 hour channels can cover instead for a while.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
Totally agree! Have all presidential primaries (except NH as it's in their constitution that they have to be first or something like that) in May. NH can have theirs a day before but there's a press blackout until after all the other states are done. Candidate debates in April, conventions in late June. Debates in September and October. Oh, all the money in the congress-drones' war chests go back to their party to finance the next generation of congress-drones' campaigns. No more getting rich the easy way.

I know, never gonna happen. Just wishful thinking.

This. I'm so sick of the perpetual campaign/race that has occurred basically since 2004. And it's not just for President, Senators etc are constantly marketing themselves.

Personally I'd like it if they spent say at least two full days a week actually doing their day jobs. Is that too much to ask?

Surely there are earthquakes/riots/foreign wars/etc. that the 24 hour channels can cover instead for a while.

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
Pfft. USA aint staying together until 2024. You guys are primed for a massive split. After the Balkanization of the USA, there's no telling who will be in charge.

Reactions: x26

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Pfft. USA aint staying together until 2024. You guys are primed for a massive split. After the Balkanization of the USA, there's no telling who will be in charge.

We settled that 150 years ago. Secession is not an option.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
My wife saw a bumper sticker last year - Hillary 2016, Michelle 2024, Chelsea 2032, Malia 2040.