After Hillary, who's next?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
It's hard to say, but Tulsi Gabbard taking a stance against the DNC was pretty impressive. I'm not sure what her aspirations are though.
she pretty much hits all the high points of the new D party:
veteran army officer
economic banking reformist (glass steagall proponent)
sided with bernie sanders after dnc shenanigans, resigning as dnc vice chair because of DWS (long before the email hacks)
strong defense but not interventionist/nationbuilding
anti tpp

first hindu candidate would be a pretty big thumb in the eye for centuries of christian presidents.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
It'll be something like this....

ZKwc9Vc.jpg

/shrug

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti
Feb 4, 2009
The conservatives nightmare
Hillary
Michelle Obama
Chelsea Clinton
Oldest Obama daughter
Youngest Obama daughter

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Full blown delusion. With any luck at all Trump will be thrashed at the polls, as he should be.

Na, at least trump does not let our guys get killed on benghazi and then blame the terror attacks on a video.

When are you libtards going to get enough of hillaries lies?

If hillary is elected she will set the course for someone yall hate much worse than trump to take office.

Reactions: x26

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Na, at least trump does not let our guys get killed on benghazi and then blame the terror attacks on a video.

When are you libtards going to get enough of hillaries lies?

If hillary is elected she will set the course for someone yall hate much worse than trump to take office.
It's like, I know you actually believe in your own delusional reality, but I can't help but consider this liberal parody trolling, because it's pretty much exactly what I'd say if I were pretending to be a delusional conservative.

It's so confusing sometimes!

Keep on keepin' on.

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
Spoiled brat Chelsea Clinton who never worked in her life, born with hundreds of millions...yeah I can see that and it wouldn't surprise me at all. The perfect representation of the typical US American. who "knows the problems of the common man", like Trump does (LOL!) and Hillary does (LOL)...so yes, logical consequence would be Chelsea.

Triloby

Mar 18, 2016
On the plus side, Hillary probably won't get a second term if she wins over Trump in this election.

Considering how many people are fed up with this election, I highly doubt Hillary is going to get much sympathy if she runs for a second term in 2020.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Spoiled brat Chelsea Clinton who never worked in her life, born with hundreds of millions...yeah I can see that and it wouldn't surprise me at all. The perfect representation of the typical US American. who "knows the problems of the common man", like Trump does (LOL!) and Hillary does (LOL)...so yes, logical consequence would be Chelsea.

The Clintons were far from wealthy when Chelsea was born in 1980. She went to public school in Little Rock until Bill became President. Both her parents went to public school.

If going to public school isn't about middle America then nothing is.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
The Clintons were far from wealthy when Chelsea was born in 1980. She went to public school in Little Rock until Bill became President. Both her parents went to public school.

If going to public school isn't about middle America then nothing is.

Buh buh buh Billary!

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
On the plus side, Hillary probably won't get a second term if she wins over Trump in this election.

Considering how many people are fed up with this election, I highly doubt Hillary is going to get much sympathy if she runs for a second term in 2020.

We'll see how she does, huh? It's a mistake to underestimate the old gal.

Fed up with the election, or just fed up with Trump & the Republicans?

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
It's like, I know you actually believe in your own delusional reality, but I can't help but consider this liberal parody trolling, because it's pretty much exactly what I'd say if I were pretending to be a delusional conservative.

Keep on keepin' on.

Exactly what part of my post do you consider "delusional reality"? Clinton has lied so many times is is sad she is even in public office.

People are so pissed off that if trump is not elected, it will set the stage from someone you libtards hate even more. People are sick and tired of business as usual in the government.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I don't think GOP will nominate someone that much better in 2020. Trump is a symptom of GOP's dysfunction and hatred, not the cause of it.
The inmates are running the GOP asylum, and they are only going to get crazier with Hillary as POTUS. It's going to be a 4 year tantrum. I just don't see them successfully reforming themselves under this sort of internal dysfunction. So they will just keep alienating another generation of young people, and a generation that they have already alienated will be in their 30s and voting more consistently. Plus with a liberal SCOTUS, they won't be able to suppress votes like they are trying now, and Citizens United will be gutted, taking away another advantage. I think GOP will be increasingly marginalized as a party.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Keep on keepin' on.

Too true. His Benghazi reference tells the tale.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I don't think GOP will nominate someone that much better in 2020. Trump is a symptom of GOP's dysfunction and hatred, not the cause of it.
The inmates are running the GOP asylum, and they are only going to get crazier with Hillary as POTUS. It's going to be a 4 year tantrum. I just don't see them successfully reforming themselves under this sort of internal dysfunction. So they will just keep alienating another generation of young people, and a generation that they have already alienated will be in their 30s and voting more consistently. Plus with a liberal SCOTUS, they won't be able to suppress votes like they are trying now, and Citizens United will be gutted, taking away another advantage. I think GOP will be increasingly marginalized as a party.

Well, the Repub leadership better come up with something or it'll be... Ted Cruz.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Exactly what part of my post do you consider "delusional reality"? Clinton has lied so many times is is sad she is even in public office.

People are so pissed off that if trump is not elected, it will set the stage from someone you libtards hate even more. People are sick and tired of business as usual in the government.

Nah, I won't go there. I'll just watch the new improved "I love my neighbor" Texashiker melt down on his own.

You actually typed hate after libtards, that is almost too funny.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Given how the Republican party refuses to conduct any real introspection, I wouldn't be surprised if it Democrats only have to start worrying about their candidate choices in 2024.

Think about it: Obama won in no small part due to the growing influence of minority votes: black, Hispanic, LGBT. The GOP has not only done little to court those groups, but has doubled down on alienating them through gerrymandering, racially-targeted voter ID laws, anti-LGBT laws and rhetoric... and of course, Donald Trump. How does it expect to win in 2016 or beyond when those groups are very likely to become more powerful? Catering primarily to the bitter, white, straight Christian didn't work in 2008 or 2012, and that group hasn't become any more influential this year.

The Democrats mostly just have to keep up their general policies of compassion and inclusion. Hillary is far from perfect, but she's Gandhi compared to Trump.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Given how the Republican party refuses to conduct any real introspection, I wouldn't be surprised if it Democrats only have to start worrying about their candidate choices in 2024.

Think about it: Obama won in no small part due to the growing influence of minority votes: black, Hispanic, LGBT. The GOP has not only done little to court those groups, but has doubled down on alienating them through gerrymandering, racially-targeted voter ID laws, anti-LGBT laws and rhetoric... and of course, Donald Trump. How does it expect to win in 2016 or beyond when those groups are very likely to become more powerful? Catering primarily to the bitter, white, straight Christian didn't work in 2008 or 2012, and that group hasn't become any more influential this year.

The Democrats mostly just have to keep up their general policies of compassion and inclusion. Hillary is far from perfect, but she's Gandhi compared to Trump.

You mean... Trump voters wallow in anger & bitterness while trickle down economics give them reason to be bitter & angry? That their shitty attitudes & disrespect for the rest of America are near pathological? That they're blinded by it?

Dec 10, 2005
I foresee an analysis of a Republican loss falling along the lines of "we didn't nominate someone conservative enough." It's just like when they decided to shut down the government a few years ago - the lesson they learned from the 90s wasn't "shutting down the government is an act that blows back up in your face and hurts your position," it was "we didn't hold out long enough."

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I change my mind. It will be Mr T. He has the most chains, the heaviest chains, the best chains. He pities the fools. In addition, he starred in blockbuster all star hit from 1983 called "DC Cab."

Trump is at best a week imitation of a watered down and stupified unlikable Mr T. Imagine if the "real deal" were to run. He would be unstoppable!