Adenocarcinoma of unknown primary

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009
Hope you feel better soon. Keep fighting the good fight.

Have you seen this thread?
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2426504

Fighting cancer with a modified Polio virus. I'm sure someone must have sent it to you or it must have caught your attention by now. Any chance you could scoot over to Duke and be part of their clinical trials? Ask your Oncologist if this new treatment can be useful in your particular case?

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009
If you need inspiration, let me know. If you just want to talk, send me a PM. Try this for a start:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3D9ygP_V_k

And keep the faith.

Now I'm not talking about faith in something else, or someone else.

You can believe anything you choose
But it is my belief,
when I'm feeling a tiny bit stronger, in faith,
and a tiny bit smarter, sometimes,
that religions and beliefs are a dime a dozen,
a new one comes up every minute,
there's one born every minute,
maybe it's even worse than the PT Barnum quote,
heck there's 2 born every minute
one sucker and one con artist as well.

but it's my belief right now
that there is one faith you must never lose,
faith in yourself.

KEEP CALM
AND FIGHT ON.

Last edited:

LagunaX

Jan 7, 2010
Best of luck.

Outside of the hospital, keep your best friends close: Faith, Hope, and Vitamin D.

Vitamin D and lung AdenoCa?

Google will guide you =).

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Good luck. You'll continue to be in my thoughts. After wondrously removing some of the outer crust on one curmudgeon I'm sure you have tons of good Karma in reserve.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Best wishes for a full recovery.

Is the lump they're treating the one in the lung? Any idea what type of cancer it is?

The tumor in my lung disappeared at some point. Speculation is my immune system killed it. This is in my lymph nodes.

My mother died of lung cancer, apparently when a mother or sister dies from it you are 3 times more likely to get it whether you smoke or not. I have at present no actionable mutations but do have defects in TP53 and APC. Will probably be looking at immunotherapy after chemo.

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Best of luck.

Outside of the hospital, keep your best friends close: Faith, Hope, and Vitamin D.

Vitamin D and lung AdenoCa?

Google will guide you =).

Interesting that yu mention this, my Vitamin D level was in the toilet last fall and they started me on high dose D. What's also interesting is that the polyps in my colon removed at that time were also adeno.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Interesting that yu mention this, my Vitamin D level was in the toilet last fall and they started me on high dose D. What's also interesting is that the polyps in my colon removed at that time were also adeno.
Likely correlation rather than any causative relationship. Only time, an research, will tell.

amicold

Platinum Member
Feb 7, 2005
Good luck with everything, you've been here as long as I can remember and you're one of the few names still here that I recall from before registering.

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
None of us are given any promises in this life. Take everyday you can get, try to be grateful for at least one thing, no matter how small each day. Laugh a lot, even at yourself, life is beautiful & it is also so funny!

The sun is shining and it is not snowing here in Boston, I also have a brand new MacBook Pro..life,it's good :)

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Had 2nd chemo today, big tumor in my neck is smaller, my counts are good enough that I just need to monitor for fever & excess bleeding but can skip the weekly blood check.

Feeling hopeful, glad to be alive!

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Had 2nd chemo today, big tumor in my neck is smaller, my counts are good enough that I just need to monitor for fever & excess bleeding but can skip the weekly blood check.

:thumbsup:

Glad things are looking up!

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999

Good news, Jean! May it ever be so! :thumbsup:

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com

That sounds like much better news. I really hope your body keeps winning this battle.
Best wishes to you!

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
That sounds like much better news. I really hope your body keeps winning this battle.
Best wishes to you!

And even better news, there's a drug for squamous cell that works miracles for smokers and folks who recently quit. Oncologist says this will get approval for Adenocarcinoma & be my perfect next drug when I stop responding to this regime.