Adenocarcinoma of unknown primary

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Best wishes OP. I'm a thyroid cancer survivor, 14 years, and I've a friend diagnosed with esophageal cancer who had his entire esophagus stripped off and rebuilt at the Mayo Clinic. They use radiation to burn away a section at a time down to bare cartilage, wait for it to be recolonized, then do the next section. He didn't even have any pain. It's truly amazing what can be done to treat cancers today. Hopefully your case will be similarly easily treatable - we need all the Geekbabes we can get!

Sho'Nuff

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2007
GL OP. MGH and the surrounding hospitals are great. You are in the right location. Will be pulling for you.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
I appreciate all of your well wishes & kindness, particularly those of you who have shared your victory over Cancer.

I intend to fight this thing full force. I'm only 58 yrs old and have a lot of things left to get done. Lord knows I can't pass away before a perfect smartphone is released and it looks like I will be waiting awhile ;)

My life has been lived with humor always & as rough as treatment will get it will be continued to be lived with humor. Besides, somebody has to be here to worry about more than a few of you ;)

DAGTA

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
If you can handle Red, you can easily kick this cancer's ass. ;)

Best wishes on a fast recovery to optimal health! :)

bradley

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
a raw vegan diet will cure most cancers

I believe raw veganism is a dead-end street. Although buying a blender and incorporating a copious amount and wide variety of fruits and veggies is a wise decision.

In this case, getting lymph flowing and draining again is extremely important. So working up toward high impact exercise (eg P90X) would help immensely or even a vibrational platform.

A diet higher in fruits and vegetables will allow lymph pH to normalize. But doctors won't know enough about nutrition to tell you this.

Think of it more like a lifestyle change. And yeah, 58yo is still way young. Good luck geekbabe.

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
I believe raw veganism is a dead-end street. Although buying a blender and incorporating a copious amount and wide variety of fruits and veggies is a wise decision.

In this case, getting lymph flowing and draining again is extremely important. So working up toward high impact exercise (eg P90X) would help immensely or even a vibrational platform.

A diet higher in fruits and vegetables will allow lymph pH to normalize. But doctors won't know enough about nutrition to tell you this.

Think of it more like a lifestyle change. And yeah, 58yo is still way young. Good luck geekbabe.

Right now my life rests in the hands of Dr John Clark, he favors radiating the crap out of this crud. As far as P90X goes, I am already symptomatic, with pain awakening me at night and low energy. I will make lifestyle changes in accordance with my treatment team but frankly, just getting through an 8 hour day at my job feels like a victory.

SearchMaster

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2002
Stay strong pretty lady. The Intrawebs *needs* you to take its free stuff for decades to come.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Right now my life rests in the hands of Dr John Clark, he favors radiating the crap out of this crud. As far as P90X goes, I am already symptomatic, with pain awakening me at night and low energy. I will make lifestyle changes in accordance with my treatment team but frankly, just getting through an 8 hour day at my job feels like a victory.

Well I'm no Doctor but my mom battled cancer (Carcinoid which later metastasized) for 11 years before succumbing to it, and in the process the family met a lot of other cancer patients. If it's just in the lymph nodes and the radiation does its job (which it should), it'll be rough for a time, rougher than it is now, but the odds are definitely in your favor. Best of luck!

Last edited:

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
I had my 1st chemo last week, Carboplatin and Alimta, side effects metallic taste in my mouth, a lot of chemo fog and much weeping due to the steroids. Had my 1st follow up visit, white count still good, platelets a tad low but overall got through okay. The best news is the lump is getting smaller and I have stopped having fevers at night... a good thing.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I had my 1st chemo last week, Carboplatin and Alimta, side effects metallic taste in my mouth, a lot of chemo fog and much weeping due to the steroids. Had my 1st follow up visit, white count still good, platelets a tad low but overall got through okay. The best news is the lump is getting smaller and I have stopped having fevers at night... a good thing.

Onwards and upwards, Jean! :thumbsup:

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Great to hear about your improvement, Jean! Continued well wishes to you!

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001

Kick it's ass seabass!

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Take care of yourself now, keep a positive attitude, and you're in good hands. There has never been a better time to be facing this disease.