Discussion 2024 USA Election Thread: Biden and Dems might have problems in 2024 swing states - The Gaza Issue

Page 92 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
Always knew she would cave. She thinks she has to have a political future.

I think she's smarter than anyone gives her credit for politically.

Trump if convicted is probably unlikely to serve as POTUS.. so she played her card like I supported the nominee but now that he's in jail.. you should make me the nominee.

This belongs in my conspiracy thread..

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I think she's smarter than anyone gives her credit for politically.

Trump if convicted is probably unlikely to serve as POTUS.. so she played her card like I supported the nominee but now that he's in jail.. you should make me the nominee.

This belongs in my conspiracy thread..

She’s not smart at all, she’s an opportunist. She has no principals in which she won’t compromise on if it gets her more power. As far as I’m concerned, she’s a trump heat check for the right to see if Trump still has a stranglehold on Republican voters.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The logic of liberals not voting for Biden based on Palestine makes zero sense. If Palestine is your most important issue then you’re simply putting someone in power who will be worse on your most important issue AND will be worse on basically every other issue you care about.

If the thought is that Trump will make things so bad that there will be a backlash that puts a truly liberal president in power how did that work out in 2000 and 2016? You got a horrible Republican president followed by a centrist Democrat. Do any Nader/Bernie voters still think that was a good trade?
While I understand your point I don't agree with how you made it. Palestine isn't my most important issue. My tax dollar and my party supplying arms to a nation bombing children is. That it's Palestinian children is irrelevant. That it is Israel is irrelevant. It's mothers and children for fuck sake. What kind of person who leads the most powerful nation on earth have a problem figuring out what to do? Trump is the last person on earth, not doing too much thinking, that I would vote for as President, but I am having a very hard time deciding to vote for Biden. I stopped giving to the Democratic party except for some critical Senate races over Garland and this is a thousand times worse. Unfortunately for me somebody close to me with relatives in Putin's path begs me to vote for Biden. If the arms sales blow up Biden's chances it won't be any surprise to me. How could a President be worthy and be so fucking out of touch. Fucking kids on campuses get it. His advisors are for shit. How asleep do you have to be to notice that Israeli propaganda can't overcome what young people see and learn on line. Who can't see genocide when it stares them in the face.

Israel has ruined itself in the eyes of the world and we happily chase them to the bottom.

PS: What the fuck is with that guy, Biden. Can't he see that Netanyahu's actions are designed to make him lose the election. It's time he grows a pair

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
She’s not smart at all, she’s an opportunist. She has no principals in which she won’t compromise on if it gets her more power. As far as I’m concerned, she’s a trump heat check for the right to see if Trump still has a stranglehold on Republican voters.
That she considered herself Presidential material is all the reason I need to never vote for her.

Last edited:

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
My tax dollar and my party supplying arms to a nation bombing children is.
But the orange monkey promises to arm Israel even more. Unfortunately it’s a vote for the less of two evils. 2016 was the case. But yet those same people may sit it out again. Absolute insanity!!!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
But the orange monkey promises to arm Israel even more. Unfortunately it’s a vote for the less of two evils. 2016 was the case. But yet those same people may sit it out again. Absolute insanity!!!
Yes, I have always taken your position that the lesser of two evils is the only choice when not voting at all can put the greater of two evils in power. But I am having a very hard time with all of that because, what?, the lesser of two evils is maybe the difference in 50% worse in terms of thousands of dead children? I just can't see a way our of this if Biden doesn't do something to bring the killing in Palestine to an end. I can't excuse the killing of beaten down and subjected civilians caught like rats in a cage, for what a radical element among them, and helped to become radical by Israel, did that justifies such insane revenge. It is wrong and I'll be fucked if I will vote for somebody who supplies the means for such slaughter to happen.

Fortunately for me, I live in California and whether or not I vote how I vote or don't is meaningless. In other parts of the country people like me might actually throw the election to Trump, I don't know. What I do know is that it is a self inflicted wound.

Would you bomb children to win the election against Trump? I'm betting there are more Jewish voters who will vote pro Israel than people of moral conscience.

Also, if you want to vote for Biden despite his support with arms to Israel, I accept that you do have a moral conscience but different than mine. I just hope you did not arrive there easily. There is no sane choice in my opinion.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
The idea that Haley voters were going to save the day for Biden is nonsense. The voters that matter are the know-nothings that hate politics but still vote. The media is trying to do everything in their power to pretend the current writing on the wall isn't there because tight races generate more clicks. Democrats are outperforming polls by a wide margin and will continue to do so. Trump and Republicans can't stop shooting themselves in the dick. The abortion issue alone is enough to carry us through 2024.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Haley obviously had some bills to pay. Boy she sure seemed convincing with her thundering of her principles a while back. *poof*

Wake me up when someone Trump shit all over *doesn't* come crawling back underneath him like an abused spouse with Stockholm Syndrome.

I still have to wonder about polls and just how people are being reached by them. I certainly don't see a way I would be...not going to answer any random email or cell phone call, and I haven't had a land line in ages. Paper mail? Please. And good luck reaching either of my young adult kids or their friends, unless you are an "influencer" (barf).

Reactions: hal2kilo and dank69

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Trump has already said he will not accept the election results if he doesn't win.

Why say such a thing unless you are not sane?

He said this in 2016, yet you voted for him

He repeatedly said this in 2020, in fact, his entire campaign platform was "If I lose it is fake, if I win I am the best president ever. I will win anyway," and yet you voted for him.

no one believes you, because you are a disingenuous prick.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Haley obviously had some bills to pay. Boy she sure seemed convincing with her thundering of her principles a while back. *poof*

Wake me up when someone Trump shit all over *doesn't* come crawling back underneath him like an abused spouse with Stockholm Syndrome.

I still have to wonder about polls and just how people are being reached by them. I certainly don't see a way I would be...not going to answer any random email or cell phone call, and I haven't had a land line in ages. Paper mail? Please. And good luck reaching either of my young adult kids or their friends, unless you are an "influencer" (barf).
Since this is at least the second time you've asked, the NYT's Nate Cohn was interviewed about this last month (spoiler: land lines are not relevant).

Mind you the NYT/Siena poll has been dunked on a lot around here, so don't think his words as the be all, end all of professional polling.

Reactions: dank69

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
this would be the dumbest possible move.

3 months before the election, let's take the person who beat trump, who is sitting president, and replace them with someone totally unknown, totally inexperienced, who has no political infrastructure behind them, in the hopes that they will win. yeah, that's a solid fucking plan.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Just came here to say that Tom Cotton as VP would be a worst-case scenario for me.

The last thing another Trump Administration needs is a shrewd, competent, Harvard-educated nihilist who isn’t afraid to shit all over our Constitutional rights, jail reporters, or deploy US troops domestically against American citizens. If he’s the pick and Trump wins, I’m talking “see about that potential job in Australia” bad.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
Just came here to say that Tom Cotton as VP would be a worst-case scenario for me.

The last thing another Trump Administration needs is a shrewd, competent, Harvard-educated nihilist who isn’t afraid to shit all over our Constitutional rights, jail reporters, or deploy US troops domestically against American citizens. If he’s the pick and Trump wins, I’m talking “see about that potential job in Australia” bad.

Well good thing the VP doesn't have the power to do any of those things.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The logic of liberals not voting for Biden based on Palestine makes zero sense. If Palestine is your most important issue then you’re simply putting someone in power who will be worse on your most important issue AND will be worse on basically every other issue you care about.

If the thought is that Trump will make things so bad that there will be a backlash that puts a truly liberal president in power how did that work out in 2000 and 2016? You got a horrible Republican president followed by a centrist Democrat. Do any Nader/Bernie voters still think that was a good trade?

I think it's important to remember that a lot of these voters, especially when these "movements" start on internet chat groups, are really just spear-headed by Russian ops. That's where "Bernie Bros" came from. It's not to say that there aren't real people in the world that gather and say this stuff, but that's how this messaging works: You push the nonsense narrative from some GRU warehouse to create the false community, then the real people pick up on it and start showing up in public as if they really did have some vast community behind them.

Reactions: dank69

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
While I understand your point I don't agree with how you made it. Palestine isn't my most important issue. My tax dollar and my party supplying arms to a nation bombing children is. That it's Palestinian children is irrelevant. That it is Israel is irrelevant. It's mothers and children for fuck sake. What kind of person who leads the most powerful nation on earth have a problem figuring out what to do? Trump is the last person on earth, not doing too much thinking, that I would vote for as President, but I am having a very hard time deciding to vote for Biden. I stopped giving to the Democratic party except for some critical Senate races over Garland and this is a thousand times worse. Unfortunately for me somebody close to me with relatives in Putin's path begs me to vote for Biden. If the arms sales blow up Biden's chances it won't be any surprise to me. How could a President be worthy and be so fucking out of touch. Fucking kids on campuses get it. His advisors are for shit. How asleep do you have to be to notice that Israeli propaganda can't overcome what young people see and learn on line. Who can't see genocide when it stares them in the face.

Israel has ruined itself in the eyes of the world and we happily chase them to the bottom.

PS: What the fuck is with that guy, Biden. Can't he see that Netanyahu's actions are designed to make him lose the election. It's time he grows a pair

I can't really disagree with any of this; but of course it doesn't change the fact that Biden is the only actual choice for president, as any other option for R, especially the only one they are putting forward, would be exponentially worse for any imaginable reason.