Discussion 2024 USA Election Thread: Biden and Dems might have problems in 2024 swing states - The Gaza Issue

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Well that’s equally stupid as no one, no one, is keeping anyone from running. It’s the same bs argument we heard when people complained about Hillary being the “anointed one”.

So you think party loyalty doesn't exist, rallying behind a common candidate. Fascinating.

Double down, keep sounding more stupid.

Don't worry, here in reality the DNC does not equal all Dem Pols. But you keep on doing you.

• Haha
Reactions: Leeea and hal2kilo

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
Again you are appealing to pure logic. Do people strike you as being only driven by logic? IF that were so we'd have an almost utopian society..

What planet do you all people live on?

Now you know how I feel and why I posted the migrants and crime threads. People around us in Nyc aren't Trumpanzees but they are not exactly the sharpest either.

There's a real dismal feeling around Biden almost like Hillary where you know something bad is going to happen but you are powerless to stop it.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Cut taxes on the job creators so they can supercharge the economy. Boom, done.
Then we have those pesky follow up questions. How does cutting taxes for the rich push prices lower?

Gas prices? The US is already the #1 oil producing country. How are you going to lower oil/gas prices on a commodity that is global?

You are right reporters are not asking the right questions

Reactions: Leeea and hal2kilo

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Hmmm... Netanyahu, given the choice, would prefer Trump over Biden right? From one authoritarian goon to another?

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Trip down memory lane

With Trump and toppling US democracy its like

Trump : I am gonna do it.
Trump : Tries to do it and fails
Trump : I am gonna try do it again

And people still be like, he is not actually gonna do it, locker room talk, lets put him in office again.

/end thread jacking.

Reactions: iRONic

gothuevos

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2010
Trip down memory lane

With Trump and toppling US democracy its like

Trump : I am gonna do it.
Trump : Tries to do it and fails
Trump : I am gonna try do it again

And people still be like, he is not actually gonna do it, locker room talk, lets put him in office again.

/end thread jacking.
You don't understand.

It's not that people don't believe he'll do it.

It's that a large portion of the electorate WANTS him to do it.

Reactions: GodisanAtheist

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Man, if @MrSquished is sounding the alarm, you know it's not good.
Well I'm nothing like you dude.

There's a big difference between understanding biden's vulnerabilities while still appreciating he can still win, versus the sky is falling at almost everything.

But like I said I find it concerning the Democratic pseudo intellectual cult treat any questioning of biden's viability as heresy.

Especially when it's members of his own party who are consistently losing any appeal to him at all. And expecting people to simply always behave logically versus emotionally. It's like they don't even live on this planet

Reactions: GodisanAtheist

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
Well I'm nothing like you dude.

There's a big difference between understanding biden's vulnerabilities while still appreciating he can still win, versus the sky is falling at almost everything.

But like I said I find it concerning the Democratic pseudo intellectual cult treat any questioning of biden's viability as heresy.

Especially when it's members of his own party who are consistently losing any appeal to him at all. And expecting people to simply always behave logically versus emotionally. It's like they don't even live on this planet

NYT/Siena poll. https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/05/us/politics/biden-trump-2024-poll.html

Nevada: Trump-52%, Biden 41%
Pennsylvania: Trump-48%, Biden-44%
Michigan: Trump-48%, Biden-43%
Arizona: Trump-49%, Biden-44%
Georgia: Trump-49%, Biden-43%
Wisconsin: Biden-47%, Trump-45%

Everything could change in 12 months, but these numbers are disturbing.

Like Jan 6 and overthrowing elections doesn't even matter to a good part of the country.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
NYT/Siena poll. https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/05/us/politics/biden-trump-2024-poll.html

Nevada: Trump-52%, Biden 41%
Pennsylvania: Trump-48%, Biden-44%
Michigan: Trump-48%, Biden-43%
Arizona: Trump-49%, Biden-44%
Georgia: Trump-49%, Biden-43%
Wisconsin: Biden-47%, Trump-45%

Everything could change in 12 months, but these numbers are disturbing.

Like Jan 6 and overthrowing elections doesn't even matter to a good part of the country.

Who was in the lead by what margin at this time in 2015?

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
Who was in the lead by what margin at this time in 2015?

Yeah my point is Biden has his work cut out for him!

The Gaza thing isn't helping matters.. hopefully it calms down over the next 2 months and we can move on from this come next November.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Yeah my point is Biden has his work cut out for him!

The Gaza thing isn't helping matters.. hopefully it calms down over the next 2 months and we can move on from this come next November.

All I have to say is that if people elect Trump even partially on the basis that Biden is too uncaring about Gaza then this country deserves every single bit of what's going to happen both here and there.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
All I have to say is that if people elect Trump even partially on the basis that Biden is too uncaring about Gaza then this country deserves every single bit of what's going to happen both here and there.
But unfortunately the worldwide impact, the rest of us didn’t ask for American stupidity

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

That's definitely not what I'm saying. Biden has had terrible numbers for a while now, and within his own party, which only gets worse. This goes way way way way way beyond Gaza. This is just a blip among many other big blips, but that which could cost him key votes in some states. That's why it's a problem and Biden is a coin flip against Trump, and if the nominee is someone else, who knows at that point. I think the Dems should want to go into battle with more than just a coin flip though. I find it concerning people think Biden is such a safe pick.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
But unfortunately the worldwide impact, the rest of us didn’t ask for American stupidity

-Kinda sorta ended up that way, with America holding the whole world's debt, spending assloads of American taxpayer dollars on its military to be the 8000 pound gorilla in all the rooms, consuming goods made from everywhere propping up all sorts of random economies.

Not a lot of complaining when the times are broadly good for everyone.

Rest of the world sort of did ask for the US to be the linchpin of everything, sort of assuming "America always makes the right decision eventually" and now those chickens are coming home to roost.

Reactions: Pohemi

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
That's definitely not what I'm saying. Biden has had terrible numbers for a while now, and within his own party, which only gets worse. This goes way way way way way beyond Gaza. This is just a blip among many other big blips, but that which could cost him key votes in some states. That's why it's a problem and Biden is a coin flip against Trump, and if the nominee is someone else, who knows at that point. I think the Dems should want to go into battle with more than just a coin flip though. I find it concerning people think Biden is such a safe pick.

Incumbency is a significant advantage. Polls that list "generic R" or "generic D" as alternatives basically cause people to invent a candidate that does not and cannot exist instead of picking a real actual person.

It's 2023 and Trump's exposure is set to increase again as the general gears up. Once the R primary is done the Dems are going to roll out the heavy negative artillery on him too. Then there is the likelihood of him facing criminal convictions in several different venues. So there is a really long way to go still.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Incumbency is a significant advantage. Polls that list "generic R" or "generic D" as alternatives basically cause people to invent a candidate that does not and cannot exist instead of picking a real actual person.

It's 2023 and Trump's exposure is set to increase again as the general gears up. Once the R primary is done the Dems are going to roll out the heavy negative artillery on him too. Then there is the likelihood of him facing criminal convictions in several different venues. So there is a really long way to go still.
So there are never exceptions to history? Also traditionally incumbents with this kind of a pool rate lose. Why does that history not matter?

This is also a pretty different political atmosphere than in the past. Also it's not guaranteed Trump will be the nominee. But even if he is it's still a 50/50 coin flip.

Do you really want to rely on certain historical things that you pick and choose and ignore others and also not taken to account that you need political atmosphere we are in now?

I personally think that's a mistake to make, apparently not to other people.