2014 Gasoline Price Forecast

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Engineer you guys jump 30 cents over there today too?

Went from $3.15 to $3.39 today so only a $0.24 jump today. It dropped quicker than normal from $3.39 to $3.15 this time but it usually goes on down to $2.99 to $3.09 before making the jump.

Lebanon, KY, about 1.25 hours Southwest of here was $3.06 and falling today.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Got our typical 30 cent jump again here.

Now the stations are in the $3.39 range.

Another 30 cents tomorrow? This is Thursday.

Engineer you guys jump 30 cents over there today too?
No wonder you can't keep a job. Your math is utterly reprehensible.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Went from $3.15 to $3.39 today so only a $0.24 jump today. It dropped quicker than normal from $3.39 to $3.15 this time but it usually goes on down to $2.99 to $3.09 before making the jump.

Lebanon, KY, about 1.25 hours Southwest of here was $3.06 and falling today.

We made it down to $3.09 at a few stations before the jump to $3.39.

I wonder what exploded or what plant has a planned maintenance issue this week to get this reward?

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008
Nothing draws more fanfare than watching someone repeatedly fall flat on their face. The $10/Gallon milk, $4/loaf bread, and of course the famous $10/Gallon gas predictions.

Yep. It's like those "Epic Fail" compilation videos, sometimes you can't help but watch them. You think, "wow, this guy is such a retard".

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Here it comes, the yearly "Seasonal Maintenance" bullshit that we pay extra for and take it. Plus Oil back over $100

No doubt gas will not only be over $4 but I'm sure will surpass $5 and head towards $6

Not sure why the Oil Thug supporters don't like that I am always right, they obviously make more money personally when it goes so high.

2-7-2014

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...ain-since-december-on-repairs.html?cmpid=yhoo

Gasoline Heads for Biggest Weekly Gain Since December on Repairs

Gasoline futures headed for the biggest gain in seven weeks on speculation seasonal maintenance will tighten supply.

Prices increased as much as 1.3 percent. An average of 1.6 million barrels a day of U.S. refining capacity will be offline in February for planned and unplanned work, according to Amrita Sen, chief oil market strategist at Energy Aspects Ltd., a research company in London.

Another 1.4 million barrels in March and 850,000 barrels in April are scheduled to shut for turnarounds.

“You’ve got a lot of maintenance now, the economy has been showing improvement and people are anticipating a strong summer,” Sen said.

Futures prices have climbed an average of 4.3 percent in February and 10 percent in March during the past five years, according to Nymex data compiled by Bloomberg.

Phillips 66 is performing scheduled work at its Alliance plant in Louisiana, according to the company. Citgo Petroleum Corp. began shutting both plants at its Corpus Christi, Texas, refinery on Feb. 5 for about 35 days of planned work, a person with knowledge of the work said yesterday.

“People are plowing into gasoline and out of heating oil, looking ahead to gasoline season,” said Andy Lipow, president of Lipow Oil Associates LLC in Houston. “Clearly, we’re seeing more length coming into the gasoline market.”

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/oi...y-us-jobs-report-2014-02-07?amp;siteid=yhoof2

Oil briefly tops $100, gains 2.5% on week

Oil futures rallied on Friday, tacking on nearly 3% for the week after briefly topping $100 a barrel shortly before the close of the trading session on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

The spring refinery maintenance period typically begins in February, reducing production capacity for petroleum products.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Here it comes, the skyrocketing prices of 2014.

How high will they go?

Jumped 25 cents yesterday, all the stations sporting $3.45

Half way to $4 and that's just the 1st week of February.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011

How high will they go?

Half way to $4 and that's just the 1st week of February.
Of course, you're lying again http://www.indygasprices.com/, but this time I find more entertainment in your understanding of how fractions work:

Since when is 3.45 "half way" to $4? Math much? lmao

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001

My local stations went down about 8 cents yesterday. Prices have been declining since the first of the year. Sam's and Costco are $3.16 today and the Shell nearby is $3.21. Prices are still about 30 cents per gallon lower than a year ago.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Of course, you're lying again http://www.indygasprices.com/, but this time I find more entertainment in your understanding of how fractions work:

Since when is 3.45 "half way" to $4? Math much? lmao

Of course he's lying, or at least a mental defect at play. Why else would he pick out the absolute highest prices if not to buttress his lie of "all the stations sporting $3.45" and hope no one catches him on it, esp. when GasBuddy shows $3.09 prices being reported in Indy within the last 8 hours?

BTW....$2.93 - $3.05 for regular. And who'd buy the $3.05 gas when a station within spitting distance is under $3/gal? Well, maybe Dave....it'd give him something to froth about.

http://www.southcarolinagasprices.com/Greenwood/index.aspx

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
No doubt McOwned gets his gas at the station close to where he lives and/or works with the cheapest price. Though he will report the doom and gloom highest price in here as it goes well with his cup of (faux) rage.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Of course he's lying, or at least a mental defect at play. Why else would he pick out the absolute highest prices if not to buttress his lie of "all the stations sporting $3.45" and hope no one catches him on it, esp. when GasBuddy shows $3.09 prices being reported in Indy within the last 8 hours?

BTW....$2.93 - $3.05 for regular. And who'd buy the $3.05 gas when a station within spitting distance is under $3/gal? Well, maybe Dave....it'd give him something to froth about.

http://www.southcarolinagasprices.com/Greenwood/index.aspx

It's been proven many times over those sites are way behind even though they say 8 hrs ago. They should be either sued or shut down for false and misleading information.

They sure fool the fools on here.

Anyway I'm sure Engineer will post the same prices just down the road a bit on I-65. The stations by him have been running exactly the same as here since I moved here last October.

Why do you guys and girls get such a rise trying to say I'm lying about gas prices where I live and Engineer now Vs where you live?

You could make how ever many hour drive from where you are you come see here for yourselves. Like I've said many times I would be glad to put you up for the night, share a meal and tour all the stations you say the prices don't exist.

There is the mental defect for all the world to see, you guys should check in with you local doctors, that can't be healthy for you.

Megan I plugged in your Greenwood driving directions:

http://maps.yahoo.com/directions/?lat=36.98500309285596&lon=-84.012451171875&bb=41.426253195072704%2C-94.68017578125%2C32.54681317351515%2C-73.3447265625&o=Greenwood%2C%20SC&d=Indianapolis%2C%20IN

You can be here in 9hrs 21 mins for the 588.1 mile drive.

Last edited:

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
It's been proven many times over those sites are way behind even though they say 8 hrs ago. They should be either sued or shut down for false and misleading information.

They sure fool the fools on here.

Anyway I'm sure Engineer will post the same prices just down the road a bit on I-65. The stations by him have been running exactly the same as here since I moved here last October.

Geez....since the lowest prices on GasBuddy for Indy say they were posted 24 minutes ago, they can't be that far behind, can they?

http://www.indygasprices.com/

Sure, you can drive a bit and find $3.45, but why would you buy at that price when obviously there are cheaper prices around?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Geez....since the lowest prices on GasBuddy for Indy say they were posted 24 minutes ago, they can't be that far behind, can they?

Sure, you can drive a bit and find $3.45, but why would you buy at that price when obviously there are cheaper prices around?

That's my point.

Come here and try to find a station for less than the current $3.45

What do you mean by drive a bit? Every station within at least a half hour of me are at this price. So that would be at least a hour round trip if any are actually what they say they are.

Maybe you could driving an hour or more away but where would be the savings in that?

Sure I could even drive 9 hrs to where you live to get whatever gas price you have, maybe even less than $3 or to Texas where posters practically claim they are giving gas away but again are you insane?

You should and all like you should seek medical help immediately, a screw is loose bad.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011

This is unfortunately the problem. When you try to engage him as if he is reasonable you will inevitably lose, just like speaking to a French person in German. He literally does not understand.

Note he challenges you to come there and find out. No need; you can call gas stations. Many people have, including me, and all of these calls have backed up the case for his dishonesty. He'll just ignore it.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
This is unfortunately the problem. When you try to engage him as if he is reasonable you will inevitably lose, just like speaking to a French person in German. He literally does not understand.

Note he challenges you to come there and find out. No need; you can call gas stations. Many people have, including me, and all of these calls have backed up the case for his dishonesty. He'll just ignore it.

Yeah, sorta figured.

Odd thing....I've used GasBuddy more than a few times to plot gas purchases on trips, esp. the GA to MA trips we were making over the years, and almost without exception, the prices noted most recently at listed stations were what they were charging, at least within a few pennies.

I do absolutely know that the prices listed for everywhere from above Charlotte, NC, to Atlanta, GA, along I-85; and from our house in Abbeville, SC, down through Savannah, GA, and down to Jacksonville, FL, and back up to Macon, GA, are completely correct....along the interstates and in the small bergs. We've been everywhere listed within the last two weeks and no huge discrepancies have I seen anywhere.

I guess Indy is the lone, single exception to the accuracy of GasBuddy's reporting system. Odd, that.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Yeah, sorta figured.

Odd thing....I've used GasBuddy more than a few times to plot gas purchases on trips, esp. the GA to MA trips we were making over the years, and almost without exception, the prices noted most recently at listed stations were what they were charging, at least within a few pennies.

I do absolutely know that the prices listed for everywhere from above Charlotte, NC, to Atlanta, GA, along I-85; and from our house in Abbeville, SC, down through Savannah, GA, and down to Jacksonville, FL, and back up to Macon, GA, are completely correct....along the interstates and in the small bergs. We've been everywhere listed within the last two weeks and no huge discrepancies have I seen anywhere.

I guess Indy is the lone, single exception to the accuracy of GasBuddy's reporting system. Odd, that.
Of course they're accurate. Millions of people use gasbuddy because it's accurate. And if for some strange reason a person thought they weren't, they could go to AAA's site: http://fuelgaugereport.opisnet.com/ and find essentially the same data. I guess in Mcowen's world not only is gasbuddy wrong and should have a lawsuit but also AAA. He's already been scolded and forced to change behavior when it came to misrepresenting gas prices in an earlier thread. It appears he has learned nothing and will need further redirection.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Lexington and Indy must track as Lexington jumped to $3.39 yesterday (with many stations showing $3.45 on Gasbuddy.com). Not as big a jump as previous jumps but then again, it didn't get close to the $3.00 price either with low of around $3.21 this time around.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Lexington and Indy must track as Lexington jumped to $3.39 yesterday (with many stations showing $3.45 on Gasbuddy.com). Not as big a jump as previous jumps but then again, it didn't get close to the $3.00 price either with low of around $3.21 this time around.

You must be lying according to lopped and Megan.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
Still too many SUV's on the road, where is $5 a gallon gas already.

It has to hurt if it's gonna heal.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
You must be lying according to lopped and Megan.
I can only imagine that Engineer feels somewhat offended by having his verifiable facts lumped in with mcowen's verifiable falsehoods (e.g. all stations showing prices of $3.45) and his desperate attempt to pull Engineer into his circle of lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.