2012 Presidential election results: Obama wins!

Page 26 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
several hundred years? BWAHAHAHA! hey, we lost graciously twice to that old redneck bush. let us have our 2nd term and go bury your head in the sand.

Wait, you lost graciously? What happened to everyone crying like a little bitch and saying they would move to canada?

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
OgOan.jpg

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Biden should enjoy it while he can because after this term, delivering pizza is probably the only job he will have.

Never ceases to amaze me the stupid things people will say in a public forum.

In 2016 he'll be 74, a retiring vice-president, and will do what such people do: buy a nice house, write a book, do a few lectures, and live very comfortably the rest of his days.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007

Yes, your posts are certainly evidence of this. And certainly evidence of a lack of sense of humor because what I said was an obvious joke.

In 2016 he'll be 74, a retiring vice-president, and will do what such people do: buy a nice house, write a book, do a few lectures, and live very comfortably the rest of his days.

Except for the fact that he has dropped hints about 2016 already. He may not run, but he has wanted to be PotUS for a LONG time and I would not be shocked if he does run.

Last edited:

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000

And his book will be much in demand as he will be writing about the first black president.
Joe will go down very will in Democratic history. Which is why I think he will not run in 2016 unless it looks like he is a shoe in for the nomination.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
Biden should enjoy it while he can because after this term, delivering pizza is probably the only job he will have.
Have you heard his speeches? He's one the most likable politicians ever. During the debate, he was literally laughing at Paul Ryan's plan. No more of this stupid "I respect your opinion" crap. When he thinks something is stupid, acts like a normal person and laughs.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Have you heard his speeches? He's one the most likable politicians ever. During the debate, he was literally laughing at Paul Ryan's plan. No more of this stupid "I respect your opinion" crap. When he thinks something is stupid, acts like a normal person and laughs.

Biden is a likable guy and the one thing I do give him is that he doesn't really hold back and gives his honest take on the situation. However, I think that is precisely why he is DOA in 2016 if he decides to run.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I don't think there is much chance Biden is running. He's already been rather committed to 2 primary campaigns--trounced early and humiliated in the first, and lost decisively in the second.

74 is pretty old, and no reason he shouldn't retire/write/fish for the rest of his days.

If anything, he should be in a foreign consulting/ambassador type gig after this. He has been a lifelong public servant and he truly does enjoy the work. Probably not the type of guy that slows down easily, so I imagine he will find some way to keep serving.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Except for the fact that he has dropped hints about 2016 already. He may not run, but he has wanted to be PotUS for a LONG time and I would not be shocked if he does run.

So when you said that after this term he'd be "delivering pizza", what you actually meant was that he'd be contending for the most powerful and prestigious job in the world.

You're a veritable Rhodes Scholar.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
So when you said that after this term he'd be "delivering pizza", what you actually meant was that he'd be contending for the most powerful and prestigious job in the world.

You're a veritable Rhodes Scholar.

Well, you're obviously not, so I'll spell it out for you -- if he runs, he has no chance of winning. Ok, I'll edit that -- very little chance IMO. If he runs and spidey's pal Rick Perry gets the Republican nomination then yes, Biden will probably win. I don't believe the Republicans will be that dumb in 2016.

Here is what I said (jokingly, I might add):

IndyColtsFan said:

Since when is "contending" for the President an actual job?

Last edited:

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
I don't think there is much chance Biden is running. He's already been rather committed to 2 primary campaigns--trounced early and humiliated in the first, and lost decisively in the second.

74 is pretty old, and no reason he shouldn't retire/write/fish for the rest of his days.

If anything, he should be in a foreign consulting/ambassador type gig after this. He has been a lifelong public servant and he truly does enjoy the work. Probably not the type of guy that slows down easily, so I imagine he will find some way to keep serving.

:thumbsup:

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Well, you're obviously not, so I'll spell it out for you -- if he runs, he has no chance of winning.

I see. So, even though nobody in the Democratic party actually thinks Biden is going to run -- because he's old and he'd probably lose -- you decided to say that he was, just so you could take a cheap shot in claiming that if he did, he would be old and he'd lose.

Very clever.

randomrogue

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2011
He could win against any number of Republican candidates though. He could have beaten Romney even with his big mouth. He's not going to run though.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
I see. So, even though nobody in the Democratic party actually thinks Biden is going to run -- because he's old and he'd probably lose

I'm curious why you think the Democrats think he would likely lose if he ran. Just because he is old? Is that why? That's a very interesting viewpoint.

-- you decided to say that he was, just so you could take a cheap shot in claiming that if he did, he would be old and he'd lose.

Very clever.

Biden was the one that dropped the hints. Maybe he was serious but maybe he wasn't. Please quote where I said Biden's age would play into him losing in 2016 if he ran. That isn't what I said or meant at all.

Last edited:

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
He could win against any number of Republican candidates though. He could have beaten Romney even with his big mouth. He's not going to run though.

Biden would beat the likes of Palin and Perry, no doubt. Romney? Maybe -- his used-car salesman vibe cost him a lot of votes, I'm sure. :D At any rate, as stupid as the Republicans are, I don't think either of those fools (Palin/Perry) will have the nomination in 2016.

I personally thought it was odd when Biden dropped the hint because I assumed he was older than Hillary and Hillary would be 69 (IIRC) in 2016, but if he is healthy and wants it, he may very well try. I personally question the sanity of anyone 65 or over who wants to run for that job, as the stress has to be ungodly.

Last edited: