2012 Presidential election results: Obama wins!

Discussion in 'Politics and News' started by DrPizza, Nov 6, 2012.

1. RampantAndroid

RampantAndroid Diamond Member

Wait, you lost graciously? What happened to everyone crying like a little bitch and saying they would move to canada?

2. techs

techs Lifer

Thanks for this!

3. Phokus

Phokus Lifer

4. IndyColtsFan

IndyColtsFan Lifer

Biden should enjoy it while he can because after this term, delivering pizza is probably the only job he will have.

5. Charles Kozierok

Charles Kozierok Elite Member

Never ceases to amaze me the stupid things people will say in a public forum.

In 2016 he'll be 74, a retiring vice-president, and will do what such people do: buy a nice house, write a book, do a few lectures, and live very comfortably the rest of his days.

6. IndyColtsFan

IndyColtsFan Lifer

Yes, your posts are certainly evidence of this. And certainly evidence of a lack of sense of humor because what I said was an obvious joke.

Except for the fact that he has dropped hints about 2016 already. He may not run, but he has wanted to be PotUS for a LONG time and I would not be shocked if he does run.

#631 IndyColtsFan, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  7. techs

techs Lifer

And his book will be much in demand as he will be writing about the first black president.
    Joe will go down very will in Democratic history. Which is why I think he will not run in 2016 unless it looks like he is a shoe in for the nomination.

8. ShawnD1

ShawnD1 Lifer

Have you heard his speeches? He's one the most likable politicians ever. During the debate, he was literally laughing at Paul Ryan's plan. No more of this stupid "I respect your opinion" crap. When he thinks something is stupid, acts like a normal person and laughs.

9. IndyColtsFan

IndyColtsFan Lifer

And if he has problems thinking of material, he can always just copy someone else's work.

#634 IndyColtsFan, Nov 7, 2012
  10. techs

techs Lifer

11. IndyColtsFan

IndyColtsFan Lifer

Biden is a likable guy and the one thing I do give him is that he doesn't really hold back and gives his honest take on the situation. However, I think that is precisely why he is DOA in 2016 if he decides to run.

12. zinfamous

zinfamous No Lifer

I don't think there is much chance Biden is running. He's already been rather committed to 2 primary campaigns--trounced early and humiliated in the first, and lost decisively in the second.

74 is pretty old, and no reason he shouldn't retire/write/fish for the rest of his days.

If anything, he should be in a foreign consulting/ambassador type gig after this. He has been a lifelong public servant and he truly does enjoy the work. Probably not the type of guy that slows down easily, so I imagine he will find some way to keep serving.

13. Charles Kozierok

So when you said that after this term he'd be "delivering pizza", what you actually meant was that he'd be contending for the most powerful and prestigious job in the world.

You're a veritable Rhodes Scholar.

14. IndyColtsFan

IndyColtsFan Lifer

Well, you're obviously not, so I'll spell it out for you -- if he runs, he has no chance of winning. Ok, I'll edit that -- very little chance IMO. If he runs and spidey's pal Rick Perry gets the Republican nomination then yes, Biden will probably win. I don't believe the Republicans will be that dumb in 2016.

Here is what I said (jokingly, I might add):

Since when is "contending" for the President an actual job?

#639 IndyColtsFan, Nov 7, 2012
  15. UberNeuman

UberNeuman Lifer

:thumbsup:

16. Charles Kozierok

I see. So, even though nobody in the Democratic party actually thinks Biden is going to run -- because he's old and he'd probably lose -- you decided to say that he was, just so you could take a cheap shot in claiming that if he did, he would be old and he'd lose.

Very clever.

17. randomrogue

randomrogue Diamond Member

He could win against any number of Republican candidates though. He could have beaten Romney even with his big mouth. He's not going to run though.

18. techs

techs Lifer

Apparently Mitts not taking the loss too well
    [​IMG]

19. IndyColtsFan

IndyColtsFan Lifer

I'm curious why you think the Democrats think he would likely lose if he ran. Just because he is old? Is that why? That's a very interesting viewpoint.

Biden was the one that dropped the hints. Maybe he was serious but maybe he wasn't. Please quote where I said Biden's age would play into him losing in 2016 if he ran. That isn't what I said or meant at all.

#644 IndyColtsFan, Nov 7, 2012
  20. IndyColtsFan

IndyColtsFan Lifer

Biden would beat the likes of Palin and Perry, no doubt. Romney? Maybe -- his used-car salesman vibe cost him a lot of votes, I'm sure. :D At any rate, as stupid as the Republicans are, I don't think either of those fools (Palin/Perry) will have the nomination in 2016.

I personally thought it was odd when Biden dropped the hint because I assumed he was older than Hillary and Hillary would be 69 (IIRC) in 2016, but if he is healthy and wants it, he may very well try. I personally question the sanity of anyone 65 or over who wants to run for that job, as the stress has to be ungodly.

#645 IndyColtsFan, Nov 7, 2012
  21. techs

techs Lifer

Herman Cain in 2016
    for the lulz

22. IndyColtsFan

IndyColtsFan Lifer

No! Rick Perry WILL be your next president!

23. techs

techs Lifer

24. zinfamous

zinfamous No Lifer

lolol. much better than the original.

25. sdifox

sdifox No Lifer