2012 Presidential election results: Obama wins!

Page 24 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
The only choice this election was 4 more years of what we just went through or try something different, looks like we lost. House going even more republican guarantees it stays ugly.

At least we get to look forward to Biden in 4 years!

jayzds

Nov 21, 2006
The only thing trickling down are Republican tears today :D :D :D :D

Not really. I am a Repub, voted Romney and so he lost, big deal. Someone always loses and with either one the net effect after four years will be little.

I just hope he comes up with some better changes/cut spending in the few years.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
MORE TEARS

86Q0R.jpg

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
The only choice this election was 4 more years of what we just went through or try something different, looks like we lost. House going even more republican guarantees it stays ugly.

At least we get to look forward to Biden in 4 years!

The way I look at it, I've actually seen improvement in the last 4 years, and I've seen right decisions made during incredibly bad circumstances. The auto bailout was a big risk, but it seems to have been the way to go. The bank bailout was a big risk, and as much as we all hate it, it was a necessary evil. Obamacare actually lowered my health insurance payment by $200/month because we were able to reclassify high-risk employees on other plans. We're recovering from the worst economy since 1929. I'm seeing my pay go up a bit. Costs seem to be finally going down...I'm starting to feel stable for the first time in 2 years.

I'm not really a Republican or a Democrat, I just go with what works. Obama's administration seems to be making things better, so I'll stick with it. I have no idea what Romney's plans would have done for anyone, so why take the risk?

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
A lot of the problem the US faces has to do with the pointless animosity from both sides. The election is over, just fucking work together to get USA back on track.
I listened to a few seconds of that audio, and got the clear impression she does not play well with others :D

Dec 10, 2005
As an outsider, I think America has made the wrong choice. Obama has not been a good president for Canada, especially with his waffling on Keystone. Apparently Mr Obama's supporters would rather get their oil from a country that burns US flags and beats their women, then risk using "dirty" Alberta crude. Part of why Canadian economic recovery is stalling is because the US can't get its act together. So four more years of that doesn't bode well for us.

How was he waffling on Keystone? The way I saw it, the House tried to force the issue while it was undergoing the standard review process. People had issues with the route that it would take (over a close to the surface drinking water source for millions). It probably would have been okay if it was re-routed.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
As an outsider, I think America has made the wrong choice. Obama has not been a good president for Canada, especially with his waffling on Keystone. Apparently Mr Obama's supporters would rather get their oil from a country that burns US flags and beats their women, then risk using "dirty" Alberta crude. Part of why Canadian economic recovery is stalling is because the US can't get its act together. So four more years of that doesn't bode well for us.

We're not importing a lot from the Middle-east anymore. Domestic production is actually booming, and the majority of imports are coming...well look at that...from CANADA!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-08-23/u-s-oil-imports-to-seen-hitting-20-year-low-42-of-use.html

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
ARRRRRGGHHH!!! Bachmann was 5k from being gone.. damnit. At least West is probably gone.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I'm not really a Republican or a Democrat, I just go with what works. Obama's administration seems to be making things better, so I'll stick with it. I have no idea what Romney's plans would have done for anyone, so why take the risk?The way I look at it, I've actually seen improvement in the last 4 years, and I've seen right decisions made during incredibly bad circumstances. The auto bailout was a big risk, but it seems to have been the way to go. The bank bailout was a big risk, and as much as we all hate it, it was a necessary evil. Obamacare actually lowered my health insurance payment by $200/month because we were able to reclassify high-risk employees on other plans. We're recovering from the worst economy since 1929. I'm seeing my pay go up a bit. Costs seem to be finally going down...I'm starting to feel stable for the first time in 2 years.

Transportation and infrastructure is still going to hell with limited bandaids tossed about. The 2 undeclared wars have continued along with starting a third and by shear miracle a 4th wasn't started. Healthcare cost have continued historic rates of increase while at the same time the big insurers were planning drastic cost cuts if obamacare was stopped as they view it as a cash cow. Taxes have increased. Actual, much less real, wage levels are stagnant or receding. And now we get 4 more years of schmucks like phokus gasbaging to see if the shit finally has gotten deep enough for something to really get done.

Last edited:

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
LOL at the "Republican tears" posts. My my my, how soon we forget that Democrats couldn't even beat possibly the worst president in history (GWB in 2004). Now THAT is funny.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
LOL at the "Republican tears" posts. My my my, how soon we forget that Democrats couldn't even beat possibly the worst president in history (GWB in 2004). Now THAT is funny.
For much the same reason. Just as 2012 was the Republicans to lose, so was 2004 the Democrats to lose. In both cases, the challenging party ran a poor candidate and an inept campaign.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I don't know why you find that surprising, this forum has always had a large number of hacks whose output has never really changed