20 Years and it all goes to s*. Climate Change. Hossenfelder.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Absolutely. The younger generations will get the blame for doing nothing and the cycle will continue. I have faith in the younger generations though, they seem to be more idealistic and I think they’ll at least enact policies that look good, even if they don’t solve or lessen the problem.

Younger generations have always been idealistic. They also tend not to vote.

I'm not much on optimism either, after interacting with my sons and their various friends when it comes to anything political. Their views are driven by joe schmoe on youtube, usually some clickbait-mongering conspiracy troll. I get the feeling most of them would vote Trump--if they voted--just because they think he's a hilarious troll. And/or, they'll certainly consider supporting whoever has the biggest hard-on for crypto, they all LOVE crypto :p I do think it's great that there's less religion in young people's lives than ever before, but they are replacing that made-up crap with other made-up crap.

We'd better hope for that magic tech solution, or benevolent aliens to come along to help us along, though they'll probably decide to give us the equivalent of a lobotomy once they see how we are.

The Matrix is shallow silly fun but one part it got dead on, when Smith is talking about humanity:
You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The hubris is incredible.
If you do a search on this board you will find plenty of people saying essentially the same thing.

Conservatives spent decades saying climate change wasn’t real, was a liberal plot, whatever, and as predicted once it’s beyond doubt they say it’s too late to do anything, as if they aren’t the cause.

Sad that only liberals are supposed to be adults.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
If you do a search on this board you will find plenty of people saying essentially the same thing.

Conservatives spent decades saying climate change wasn’t real, was a liberal plot, whatever, and as predicted once it’s beyond doubt they say it’s too late to do anything, as if they aren’t the cause.

Sad that only liberals are supposed to be adults.
Hell, thousands of them roll coal to this day.