16th Annual Folding@Home Holiday Season Race: The race is over and the Moonshots win!

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cellarnoise

Mar 22, 2017
Work is keeping me away from my home heaters / puters too much!!! And I like to voltage starve cpus :(

So I have lost some output the last few days from my own doing.................................

You would think any silicon would run no matter what at -7 C currently and -16 C overnight tonight... And I won't comment on my inside home temps as much as my family complains :)

FOA seems to push CPUs at least very hard! Which is a good thing for non-baby CPUs :)

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
I started doing some test runs in the last week of November, even so, there were a few hiccups along the way.

voodoo5_6k

Jan 14, 2021
Thanks again, grand master of stats @biodoc :)

We have almost reached the Moonshot Gang's production level... almost... just a tiny bit... plus 33 million points :D But who knows, maybe they can still step up their game tomorrow? Anyhow, without a big bang of bad luck there seems to be not much we can do to pry the victory out of their hands... It's just them who can let it slip... And we will be waiting for this opportunity, trying to get as close as possible, fighting till the very end, to the glorious sound of cheering gerbils fueling our race to catch up :D

Again, cheer on, cheering gerbils, we're so close now, and we have just so little time left... :)

voodoo5_6k

Jan 14, 2021
Thank you for the stats, @biodoc :)

Who would've thought? The Moonshot Gang lost almost 10 million points! If we can keep up that pace, without the Moonshot Gang surprising us, this might actually be very close last laps... Who knows what might be possible in the end... we definitely see our chance here... Now we need to keep pushing as hard as we can, maybe they're running out of gas on the final lap... And if not, then it was at least a very exciting race :) And whatever the final outcome might be, the race will have a great victor :)

I'm sorry, @Assimilator1, but I have to ask for even more cheering of our beloved cheering gerbils :) They might be ones to tip the scales, with their moral support :)

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
Icecold just went from his estimated 14 mil to 50 mill ppd,
"just" = "9 days ago"?

————————

My own plan was to limit my output to what the apartment needs for heating except for the 10 days of F@H + PG in parallel, and a quick catch-up after the PG challenge. I blame the Marauders for drawing that catch-up out through the entire rest of the F@H race. :-P

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
"just" = "9 days ago"?

————————

My own plan was to limit my output to what the apartment needs for heating except for the 10 days of F@H + PG in parallel, and a quick catch-up after the PG challenge. I blame the Marauders for drawing that catch-up out through the entire rest of the F@H race. :-P
15 mil on the 16th. 30 mill on the 17th and on ....up to 50 mill the 21st, and close to that ever since.

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
@Markfw , a lot of us are way above our "estimated PPD". @Icecold and @StefanR5R threw all their hardware into the race to bring the Moonshots back from a big deficit. I didn't think they could do it but I was wrong. :)

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
Well, this is interesting... There is a chance we could be close ??? I guess a little over 24 hours and we know.

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
Rule #1 (according to the ruleset when it was last posted) will be impossible for me to maintain with open windows for the rest of the day and tonight, due to all the noise outside. I 'finish'ed most of the GPU slots and 'finish'ed or 'pause'd all CPU slots now, but will probably set most of this up to resume during the night while I am (hopefully) asleep.

Reactions: cellarnoise

Pokey

Platinum Member
Oct 20, 1999
We are having extra heat heat here too and I can't wait to get my rigs throttled back. I think the forecast is for cold weather right after the race is over. :D

Reactions: cellarnoise