16th Annual Folding@Home Holiday Season Race: The race is over and the Moonshots win!

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
I's stupidly warm weather here today. (Warm weather around Christmas or New Year is not uncommon here though.) I have only two computers running now, each with merely one GPU @180 W, and even this seems to be a bit much. I am living in a ~100 years old building, but it doesn't require much heating despite its age. It's an apartment house, not a detached house, and my apartment is quite in the middle, which obviously reduces heating requirements.

voodoo5_6k

Jan 14, 2021
Thank you for today's stats update, @biodoc :) Not much longer, then you can take a break from this!

Wow, who would've thought that we'd get THIS close within one day! What a finale :) If we can keep our momentum, we might be able to overtake the Moonshot Gang on the last lap... 30 days of racing and it all comes down to this final lap :) Good, that nobody quit to early, even as our chances seemed so slim... Thank you everybody for staying on the race :) Without the team-wide effort, it wouldn't have been possible to stay close enough to pull this off over the last two days :)

This really is a more than exciting race, and I have to quote myself...
I can already imagine bored-to-death grandchildren, turning away from us, eye-rolling, thinking: Not this 2021-folding-race story all over again... :D

Now, for the last time: Cheer on, cheering gerbils, there's just one more day to race :) Give it all there is, we need it, this is our chance to get back in the lead, in the final lap of the race :)

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
So what time is this over ? as in what time zone ? EST ? then we have a little less than 6 hours to go ?

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
The stats I am using are updated every 3 hours in Central Time.

Not sure if this is what biodoc is using since the Free-DC F@H stats are busted.

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
Interesting.... Can we keep up the pace for 14.5 hours ????

cellarnoise

Mar 22, 2017
Thanks everyone! Now that the race is well over I'm switching back to my normally scheduled programs!

See you all here again next year!!!!! :p

Moonboots, I'm even aborting all of my remaining tasks in process now that the race is over, and you should also shut down immediately to properly release the science back to normal!

Merry New Year! And Mask up! :mask: Did not know this emoji existed until I made this post after the race was over!!! Thank goodness for the end of this race!!!

Icecold

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2004
Moonboots, I'm even aborting all of my remaining tasks in process now that the race is over, and you should also shut down immediately to properly release the science back to normal!

It's a trap - Dictionary.com

:p

cellarnoise

Mar 22, 2017
Sorry, Icecold / "Lukewarm". My best Bud!

I can understand why you might be frustrated with my reply and lack of excellent instruction. I should have added that for MoonBootyers you do this by pressing "Stop Folding" for the windows "Web" users.

For Linux derivatives just shut down you computers for the day and you will save money doing it!

Merry New Year to the TeAm and to all and yours!!!!

I do love fleece lined MoOnBoOTers, buy the way!!! Way to Go TeAm MoOnBoOTy!!!

voodoo5_6k

Jan 14, 2021
Thanks for the almost final stats update, @biodoc :)

Happy New Year everybody :)

Interesting.... Can we keep up the pace for 14.5 hours ????
I sure do hope so... What an exciting turn of events in the final hours of the race :)

The Marauder's back in the lead, the final lap closing out in a few hours, wow :) We can almost see the checkered flag... But let's not celebrate too early, let's stay concentrated and determined till the very end :) And who knows what the Moonshot Gang has prepared as a New Year's surprise... We shall not underestimate them in our euphoria! Let's have a fun few hours of racing and then we'll celebrate whoever the victor will be :)

CHEER ON, CHEERING GERBILS, WE'RE SOOOOOOOOO CLOSE TO GLORY & FAME :)

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
Not sure if this is what biodoc is using since the Free-DC F@H stats are busted.
I'm using EOC stats. I should have made that clear in the original post.
It ends tomorrow at 7AM E/T.
Yes, that is correct. It will be the 6 AM CST EOC stats update and I always wait until "processing" is complete before I collect the numbers.

voodoo5_6k

Jan 14, 2021
Thank you for all your work with the stats, throughout the entire race, @biodoc :)

Wow, what a race, and congratulations to the Moonshot Gang for a hard-earned and honest victory :) We had a fun race and enjoyed every minute of it :)

11 Months to go till the rematch :) Finally some rest for the poor cheering gerbils ;)

Pokey

Platinum Member
Oct 20, 1999
Thank you @biodoc
Awesome job everyone. That was quite an interesting race. Went to bed pretty much resigned to the possibility we would get eked out again this year. Thanks to the Gang for the win. And well done to the Marauders.
Can't wait for these puppies to finish up and shut down.
And I hope everyone has a greater year this year than last......... ;)

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Thanks, biodoc, for all the stats. I know quite well how much work and effort the stats-wizarding takes!
Thanks all racers for a wonderful race where there are many winners: science, scientists, future scientists (who may use that data), the teams,
Team AnandTech, the power companies ...
This is my 16th race ... and I hope that I will be able to take part in the future races.
Thanks a lot and the best wishes for a really Happy Year 2022!