• Poll closed .

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
The race starts December 1, 18:00 UTC and ends January 1, 12:00 UTC

Here are the rules:
1: Have fun.
2: Let others have fun.
3: Crunch as much as you can, as often as you can and as efficiently as you can.
4: Assimilating computers, adding members to the teams, switching teams and borghing is allowed.
5: (Sid's rule) Whistle while you work; DON'T whistle while you sip.
6: (Sid's rule) No pouting.

Comment: Sid is a member of the TeAm. He has, unfortunately, not been active for quite a few years ... but we keep his two rules anyway.

Further points:
  • Please post in this thread if you intend to take part.
  • If you need help installing or running the F@H app go to: http://folding.stanford.edu/start-folding/ or ask for help here. The TeAm AnandTech number is 198.
  • I'll put the sub-teams together one day before the race but the discussion about who will race against whom is open.
  • Please remember: joining and recruiting (as well as borghing, assimilating and upgrading hardware) is allowed and encouraged.
  • Once the race is started, I decide into which team the new members go.
  • Please follow your good sense and your employer's/friend's rules if you are considering to use computers which do not belong to you!
For those who want to participate:
Please post your forum name and your Folding@Home name in this thread.
I will compose the intra-race teams just before the start of the race December 1.
For the intra-race please propose also two team-names.

Proposed team names:
Beowolf vs Grendel
Curesadors vs Tumornadors
Markfw vs EveryOneElse
the Limericks. vs the Haikus
Any questions? Please post!
I will post a poll when more names have been proposed.

Enrolled participants:
biodoc - biodoc
Markfw - Mark_F_Williams
petrusbroder - TAS-petrusbroder
TennesseeTony - 10esseetony
Orange Kid - Orangekid
StefanR5R - xii5ku
GLeeM - GLeeM
Crashtech - Crashtech
Usand Them - UsandThem
salvorhardin / salvorhardin
Ken_G6 - Ken_G6 (and a lot more letters and numbers)
geecee - geecee
brownstone - wingding
VirtualLarry - VirtualLarry
Lane42 - Lane42
Howdy2u2 - Howdy2u2
Elfenix - Elfenix
IEC - IEC

The race has started.
The starting data are collected.
The first table will be published tomorrow.

Last edited:

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
In all seriousness, I think we need to know who is participating, and what their ppd is before we even think of such names as "Mark" and "not Mark"

Currently under, but real ppd is about 12 million. I may have surprises coming, as I have 2 1080TI's, 2 1080's and 2 1070TI's not running. I just have no power for them in the circuit breaker box ATM.

Last edited:

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
I'm in for the race with 2-1080s and a 1080 Ti. They are ramping up now and should be good for 3 million ppd.

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Please post here if you want to participate in the race - not in the preparatory thread!

The OP has been updated.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Tentatively, I'm in. Same name as forum, "VirtualLarry".

I don't have a PPD average, as I have been mining, but the bottom dropped out of that, so I've shut down most of them, and will be prepping them and starting them up on F@H in the next few days, I think.

For the purposes of estimating my PPD, I've got two XFX RX 570 4GB cards, two MSI RX 570 8GB cards (A Gaming X and an Armor MK2), an XFX RX 470 4GB, and a Sapphire RX 560 2GB, which may or may not be replaced with a "mining" Sapphire RX 470 4GB card, because it only has a DVI-output, and I've been told, no sound through that output. Since I use my monitor's speakers (actually, some 40" 4K UHD TVs), I want sound.

Edit: I think that when I did a week of F@H, before going back to mining, a few months back, I think that I was getting 250-280K PPD on a single RX 470/570 card, and maybe 20K PPD on my Ryzen R5 1600 CPUs.

So if I'm lucky, 1.3Mil PPD, maybe? I've got a GTX 1060 3GB, but that's off right now, due to some issues with the battery-backup.

Last edited:

Markfw

May 16, 2002
Peter, Why don't you put the estimated ppd for everyone also in the OP, so we can see how things are shaping up.

Markfw

May 16, 2002
So.....are we dividing the TeAm or keeping it simple and setting benchmark teams to compete with?
Well, since we always seem to add more hardware and fold more when we compete against ourselves, I think that is the number one priority. I love the competition !

Edit: On a side note, I bent the pins on threadripper number 6 install. I know they won't RMA it, so I ordered another motherboard.

Last edited:

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
I wonder what a factory repair would cost, Mark, for a spare?

Most of you know, but may have lost your bookmark, this site is a great place to get stats from, the 'daily' number recycles at 0900 UTC, and don't forget the '24 hr average' is based on the last 7 days output.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Edit: On a side note, I bent the pins on threadripper number 6 install. I know they won't RMA it, so I ordered another motherboard.

Ouch! I'm sorry to hear that, Mark. I thought those things had some sort of "foolproof" cartridge system for the CPU?

Orange Kid

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Well, since we always seem to add more hardware and fold more when we compete against ourselves, I think that is the number one priority. I love the competition !

Bummer on the bent pins...maybe a watch repair place?

No new GPU's for me. Spent all my $$$ this year on CPU upgrades. My PPD will be meager.