100 Day Burpee Challenge

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SearchMaster

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2002
Originally posted by: brikis98
Originally posted by: HN
Originally posted by: SearchMaster
Crap, just found this thread. I have a loooong way to catch up. FML
SearchMaster indeed :laugh:

j/k...welcome to the party :thumbsup:

Heh, was going to post the same thing, but HN beat me to it. Just 528 burpees to catch up :)

Last time I search for Burpee on AT I got threads about snorgling. *shudder*

I'll sit this one out. Maybe next year :)

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Ugh. Well too late to join in on the masochistic fun.
However, I guess I don't quite need the "challenge", as I have already had to do more than 100 burpees, broken up, in the span of an hour.

We've been doing some crossfit stuff as extra pt. Burpees are now the workout I hate the most. :p Especially when its only one exercise in a series for cardio.

But keep it up guys. It's a good workout, especially if you knock them all out in basically one sitting, or take a few minute break and continue on.

MistaFreeze

Feb 18, 2009
I backed out from this a while back just because life has been a little busy for me. Luckily I'm getting into running so I might start posting in the 10,000 miles for AT thread. I'm glad people are still doing this challenge though! Props.

gramboh

Platinum Member
May 3, 2003
Was busy at work this week so I haven't posted. Kind fo fell off the wagon, on 4/29 I did the 27.

4/30 - end of tax season party at work (heavy drinking) (s/b 28)
5/1 - heavy hangover = rest day (s/b 29)
5/2 - Did WOD but forgot about burpeees (s/b 30)
5/3 - 35 (s/b 31)
5/4 - Rest day (forgot/did nothing) (s/b 32)
5/5 - 35 (s/b 33)
5/6 - 40 (s/b 34)
5/7 - Rest day (forgot/did nothing) (s/b 35)

so by my calculations I am behind 142 burpees. Tomorrow's WOD is 5 rounds of 25 burpees, 25 pull-ups, 25 inverted burpees. I'll probably scale to 18 of each which gives me 90 less the 37 of the day which puts me only 89 behind to make up.

Then I'm going on holidays next week for 6 days which will probably include more heavy drinking (wedding). Ugh, this is harder than I thought :)

brikis98

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2005
Originally posted by: gramboh
Tomorrow's WOD is 5 rounds of 25 burpees, 25 pull-ups, 25 inverted burpees.
Ugh, that workout sucked. I didn't know how to do a kip-up back then, so I did inverted burpees with just a roll, and it still took bloody forever.

Originally posted by: gramboh
Then I'm going on holidays next week for 6 days which will probably include more heavy drinking (wedding). Ugh, this is harder than I thought :)
Yea, falling behind is very costly in this challenge. However, if you sneak in a quick set of burpees here and there through out the day, you could catch up in no time :)

gramboh

Platinum Member
May 3, 2003
Originally posted by: brikis98
Ugh, that workout sucked. I didn't know how to do a kip-up back then, so I did inverted burpees with just a roll, and it still took bloody forever.

Yea, falling behind is very costly in this challenge. However, if you sneak in a quick set of burpees here and there through out the day, you could catch up in no time :)

I don't think I've ever tried a kip up other than screwing around as a kid. I'll play around on some mats tomorrow (luckily the gym is pretty empty on Saturdays) and see if I can get it, although I doubt I'll be able to do 90 of them that way.

I'm thinking of trying to do the burpees in the mornings, but my only concern is not being warmed up and hurting myself. Excuses excuses :)

gramboh

Platinum Member
May 3, 2003
5/8/9 - 40

Deficit is now at 138, if I am not beat to crap after the WOD tomorrow I'll just try to push out another 48 and catch up.

gramboh

Platinum Member
May 3, 2003
5/9/9 - 90 (as part of WOD)

Down to 85 now, making those up after the inverted burpee/pull-up/burpee WOD was not happening. I scaled it to 18 reps of each exercise per round (from 25) and it still took 45:55. Brutal.

Tomorrow is a rest day, 122 to do.