10+ dead during shooting at the paper that ran Muhammad cartoon

Page 26 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 25, 2013
So... be nice to them and they'll be nice to us. Rather close to "Blow them kisses" now isn't it? ;)

Not even close. You don't understand Christianity either?

Most countries HAVE been treating their muslim populations with respect, but NOT getting the same in return. Instead, the demands just keep getting larger and giving violence in return. France's prison population is 50% muslim (from today's paper.)

link for the bold, the rest is just more of your ignorant bigotry.

Yep. A few were great guys trying to get out of their religion without being harmed for it (see sharia law) and some who were jerks who demanded everything be done their way. I got greeted in the moving van by a handful in my neighbourhood who said they didn't want any more white people in my complex. Their little boy with them then added, "god hates you." Nice bunch. I'm sure you'll use that opportunity to say that now I think all muslims are the same... except I don't. Like I said, some I work with are not like that at all. One day I should risk our friendly work relations and ask a couple uncomfortable questions... but taqiyya means there's no way of knowing if I'll get an honest answer. Some of the most outspoken islam detractors had come from within the islamic ranks and faces death threats daily. REAL death threats, not the Quinn & Sarkeesian type. ;)

I don't believe most of the above for one minute.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Yep. A few were great guys trying to get out of their religion without being harmed for it (see sharia law) and some who were jerks who demanded everything be done their way. I got greeted in the moving van by a handful in my neighbourhood who said they didn't want any more white people in my complex. Their little boy with them then added, "god hates you." Nice bunch. I'm sure you'll use that opportunity to say that now I think all muslims are the same... except I don't. Like I said, some I work with are not like that at all. One day I should risk our friendly work relations and ask a couple uncomfortable questions... but taqiyya means there's no way of knowing if I'll get an honest answer. Some of the most outspoken islam detractors had come from within the islamic ranks and faces death threats daily. REAL death threats, not the Quinn & Sarkeesian type. ;)

Taqiyya allows Muslim's to deny their faith if they are being atttacked.

Are you gay? Is that why the little boy said "God hates you"? You should be pretty used to that from a lot of your Christian neighbors no?

schmuckley

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2011
Holder was not at the rally, he's in France for a security summit. The US was represented by the American ambassador.

And are you going to call out the leaders of the rest of the world for not showing up as well?

Most of the leaders of the free world DID show up. :colbert:

American Ambassador ≠ David Cameron,Benjamin Netanyahu,Angela Merkel,Mariano Rajoy.

Last edited:

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
My thoughts about getting along with Muslims? A little phrase commonly known as the 'golden rule' seems a good place to start.

And if the west applied that golden rule equally by holding Muslims to the same standard as all other religions early on the problems today would be far and few.

One example

Don't go calling this art and defend it as such under free speech laws

Piss_Christ_by_Serrano_Andres_(1987).jpg

But then turn around and call this wrong or even worse yet and call it hate speech

Jyllands%20-%20FullosseousFlap%27s%20Dental%20Blog_1262445362281%5b7%5d.jpg

Last edited:

schmuckley

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2011
Holder was not at the rally, he's in France for a security summit. The US was represented by the American ambassador.

And are you going to call out the leaders of the rest of the world for not showing up as well?

I know of only one that's getting called out. :rolleyes:

Apparently your feelings of dismissal are not shared by the major news networks.
well...maybe ABC is running flak..

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2073821

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/no-senior...is-unity-rally

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...ow-114166.html

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/11/po...a-kerry-paris/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartan...oing-to-paris/

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012

Looks like many sites are now scrubbing such stories :(

Political pressure :confused:

Blanky

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 2014
Man these guys have more balls than anybody in this thread. Here is their next cover. These guys are the real deal, that is truly an impressive amount of brass to do this just a week later. Seriously, this is true courage in light of what happened. 99% of journalists don't have the guts to do this sort of thing, whether you think it's stupid or not.

707192-une-charlie-png.jpg

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Man these guys have more balls than anybody in this thread. Here is their next cover. These guys are the real deal, that is truly an impressive amount of brass to do this just a week later. Seriously, this is true courage in light of what happened. 99% of journalists don't have the guts to do this sort of thing, whether you think it's stupid or not.

707192-une-charlie-png.jpg

I want this to be on the front page of the newspaper when I'm on the subway to work.

Every newspaper should be running this. No more pussy footing around.

Let this act of tragedy be the start of something for good and change.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005

That's a good one, that's the Mohammad that most Muslims follow

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Keep on insulting other people's religion. Just don't get too upset when they get angry. Whether you like religion or not, a lot of people follow organized religions. Maybe you may not agree with them but at least have the decency to not insult them or even make fun of them.

Yeah, these guys are "courageous" for posting these photos but this is a publicity move first of all. Your so-called freedom of speech is just an illusion created by your lawmakers. If there was true freedom, there wouldn't be a term "freedom of speech" or whatever other phrase.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
So, in sending Eric Holder he's acting what, stupidly? Clearly, he felt it important for the U.S. to have a presence. Why send an underling who has got one foot out the door while leaders of other nations are in attendance? Your bulb, it glows dim.

Maybe Holder is taking the family and will be hanging around for a week or so afterwards as a last hurrah on the taxpayers dime. What do you think?

so Holder was in Paris and DIDNT attend the march?!

WTF?!

every other major nation had a high ranking representative there.

What was Holder's excuse?

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
Maybe the White House administration had already factored in criticism for not sending the VP or Kerry or both to the Paris march. And that they figured ahead of time they would make an apology like they did today, send Kerry to Paris late and move on. Could be they got what they wanted in that they never intended to send the VP or Kerry to the main march event. Which all may have been discussed earlier, I didn't read all the recent pages.

OBLAMA2009

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2008
Keep on insulting other people's religion. Just don't get too upset when they get angry. Whether you like religion or not, a lot of people follow organized religions. Maybe you may not agree with them but at least have the decency to not insult them or even make fun of them.

Yeah, these guys are "courageous" for posting these photos but this is a publicity move first of all. Your so-called freedom of speech is just an illusion created by your lawmakers. If there was true freedom, there wouldn't be a term "freedom of speech" or whatever other phrase.

the funny thing is, most americans just dont realize that their religion is just as stupid and made-up as muslimism

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003

They can keep getting angry, and we'll keep killing them. We'll win, every time. If our media continues to courageously mock this broken religion, there will be one of two outcomes: 1) The violent extremists all go on the offensive and get killed as a result. Islam is now free of it's violent extremists. 2) The entire islamic religion goes on the offensive and gets wrecked.

I don't see a downside.

5150Joker

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2002
www.techinferno.com
They can keep getting angry, and we'll keep killing them. We'll win, every time. If our media continues to courageously mock this broken religion, there will be one of two outcomes: 1) The violent extremists all go on the offensive and get killed as a result. Islam is now free of it's violent extremists. 2) The entire islamic religion goes on the offensive and gets wrecked.

I don't see a downside.

That would spell the end of Israel along with it. Then that flag you love so much would become a relic. Islam would end up surviving regardless, you can't defeat 1.6 billion people so easily but Israel is a tiny speck.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005

I don't see a downside.

I don't see your win here, I suppose since your still sitting comfortably at your IT desk you consider it a win. All the dead victims don't really affect you
I don't see your wins in Iraq or Afghanistan, the breeding zones for these terrorists, the numbers of terrorists has only risen.
I see your Holy War against Muslims is your 3rd and final solution as you have always preached

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Keep on insulting other people's religion. Just don't get too upset when they get angry.

They can get angry and peacefully express their anger all they want. When it devolves into killing people because of an imaginary sky fairy and a desert nomad who died over a thousand years ago, it goes too far. There is no excuse -- NONE -- for that behavior.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Muslim Leaders to Hold 'Stand with the Prophet' Rally in TX...

The timing... seems this is an annual thing no one heard about before. Doesn't necessarily seem to condone terrorism, but in light of recent events you can imagine how this will be perceived.

Then there's this...

Moroccan-born mayor of Rotterdam tells fellow Muslims who do not appreciate the 'freedoms' of living in the West to 'pack your bags and f*** off' on live TV

Now there's a man to love. That's the message world leaders should have been United behind.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
That would spell the end of Israel along with it. Then that flag you love so much would become a relic. Islam would end up surviving regardless, you can't defeat 1.6 billion people so easily but Israel is a tiny speck.

Who cares? Israel is the least bad group of people in the middle east, but they're still a nation founded on fairy tales (religion.) I wouldn't shed a tear as long as they did enough damage on their way out (Samson option.)

And we can absolutely defeat 1.6 billion people. Up until the 1970s or so we'd done a great job of keeping them under our heel, impoverished, and fighting each other. We're still doing a pretty good job of keeping them at one another's throats and keeping their wealth ultra concentrated in those amiable to our cause. The mistake in the West was allowing significant numbers of them into our countries, as France & the UK are seeing now.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
They can get angry and peacefully express their anger all they want. When it devolves into killing people because of an imaginary sky fairy and a desert nomad who died over a thousand years ago, it goes too far. There is no excuse -- NONE -- for that behavior.

Not wanting to excuse anything but Charlie Hebdo former director, Phillippe Val, is a known islamophobic character, he got his usual rant in each page 3 of the magazine, besides he and a so called journalist has been debunked by Olivier Cyan, a former Charlie Hebdo german journalist, as supporting obvious racist branding of muslims where some perverse cartoonists use them to project their own sexual deviances, if you call this freedom of expression then every thing is freedom of expression, including incitement to racism and eventualy crimes.

What is even more disturbing is that they layed off a known cartoonist a few time after they published the controversial cartoons because he said in the magazine that former president SarKozy s son was to convert to judaism just befor marrying a rich jewish woman, wich was documented, he was branded antisemitic by his own magazine, Charlie Hebdo, and layed off illegaly since they had to pay him 90 000€ by justice decision for breaching the contract, talk of freedom of expression after this...

https://translate.google.fr/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.les-crises.fr%2Fcharlie-hebdo-pas-raciste-si-vous-le-dites-par-olivier-cyran%2F&edit-text=