10+ dead during shooting at the paper that ran Muhammad cartoon

Page 24 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 25, 2013
Last edited:

Blue_Max

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011
A jackass, cowering in fright.

This from the woman who wants to "Occupy Central with Love and Peace"

Double standards and hypocrisy is the standard operating procedure, eh?

How about you watch the video he sent you and address that instead of just hurling insults and trying for the "emotional point score".

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
The peace loving Westerners, like many present in this thread, are now letting their hatred come out in full force. The fear of another group of people is strong it seems. Fear can lead to a lot of hate. Fear generating people like Drudge are capitalizing on such events by provoking anger in weak minded (or most) people. Notice some of the stories that Drudge posts.

And from the country that produced Hitler:

http://news.yahoo.com/german-anti-islamic-rallies-may-grow-terror-fears-180153866.html

Note some of those Yahoo commentators. Some are calling for bringing back concentration camps.

I understand people's fears, hatreds and ignorance comes out during difficult moments but take a step back. Realize that it is the same fear, hatred and ignorance that led to the rise of people like Hitler. I wonder if people want another Hitler - a person who will lead them and who will save them from the "other" people.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
A jackass, cowering in fright.

I see nothing can penetrate the liberal ignorance bubble you live in.

article-2525602-1A2B2A3600000578-553_634x408.jpg

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Islam already exists in most modern liberal democracies, because by definition most modern liberal democracies do not create exclusionary policies favoring one religion over another.

If you want to sanction government-sponsored persecution of law-abiding individuals based on their religion, talk to the Iranians or North Koreans.

In actuality, there is no Islam at all, or Christianity or any other religion. People wear the garb, call themselves Muslim or whatever and that's it. They talk about the religion all day long yet follow nothing of the religion. Growing a beard, wearing the garb or putting on a cross does NOT make you religious. Trying to convert other people does not make you religious. Killing other people because you think they offended your god does not make you religious.

If there actually was true religion in this world, the world would be truly peaceful without wars and animosity.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
How do you know that local Imans/Mosques aren't speaking out about the use of violence in the name of their religion. As I stated earlier in this thread even if it's 20 million extremist that's only 0.0125% of the total Muslims world wide.

Do you honestly think the average Muslim can do anything more to stop the violence in the name of their religion than the average Chicagoan can do to stop the violence that takes place in Chicago every day.
A shit-ton of local imams and mosques are doing just that, urging their members to join the solidarity rallies. As far as what the average Muslim can do, report people like this before they reach the point of killing people.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
How do you know that local Imans/Mosques aren't speaking out about the use of violence in the name of their religion. As I stated earlier in this thread even if it's 20 million extremist that's only 0.0125% of the total Muslims world wide.

Do you honestly think the average Muslim can do anything more to stop the violence in the name of their religion than the average Chicagoan can do to stop the violence that takes place in Chicago every day.

except no rational and logical person thinks its only .0125%.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Islam has no place in a modern liberal democracy that values freedom of speech, expression, and religion. Not when Muslims do not embrace those values, and in fact oppose them with deadly violence.

France is not going to start deporting it's Muslim pop because of these terrorists.
You guys will never get it to happen in the US either

5150Joker

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2002
www.techinferno.com
Honestly, the Muslim world deserves to get stomped. Not because of terrorism but because of their own constant infighting, bloodshed, weakness and corruption. Reminds me of American Indians and how they got wiped out due to tribalism. If a weak and outnumbered group like Jews can get so far, then 1.6+ billion Muslims being so weak deserve to get their religion wiped out. The world overall would be a better place without any kind of superstitious shit like religion and it really has no place in the modern world.

Last edited:

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
In the early 70s a so called political activist jew whose family was famed staged an hold up in a french bank, he killed one policeman and one woman who was an employee and wounded several people, he was formaly identified by some victims, yet he got only a small sentence due to a massive jewish lobbying, a few years later he was misteriously killed in Paris, believe it or not, when buried his coffin was followed by 15 000 reputed jews, 15 000 jews mourning a gangster and terrorist that killed a policeman and an innocent woman, so in this respect the jewish community of France openly supported a terrorist and murderer because he was a jew, muslims of France will never in a million years be as baseless and irrespectful of France, here the history of muslims in France :

220px-Vesoul_Tombes_musulmanes_du_cimeti%C3%A8re_militaire_de_Navenne_4.jpg

Military cemetery of Vesoul.
Please provide a link to a reputable website that backs this anti-semitic bullshit. I'm sure you have more stories to tell us about how Jews kidnap non-Jewish infants and perform blood-sacrifies on them.

Last edited:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Please provide a link to a reputable website that backs this anti-semitic bullshit. I'm sure you have more stories to tell us about how Jews kidnap non-Jewish infants and perform blood-sacrifices on them.
But remember, he's a non-believer, just informing us of the "real" story - which is that the Muslims are victims and everyone they kill deserves it.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
Please provide a link to a reputable website that backs this anti-semitic bullshit. I'm sure you have more stories to tell us about how Jews kidnap non-Jewish infants and perform blood-sacrifies on them.

But why call it anti semitic and a shit and then asking for a link..??.

Anyway you are the prove that lots of people are mentaly enslaved, to the point of branding shit something that they dont even bother to check,
also this is teeling about the irrationaly favourable prejudice about jews by a lobotomized USan crowd, not all but i guess an overhalming majority.

after being convicted of a bloody robbery on December 19, 1969, on the Boulevard Richard-Lenoir, in which two pharmacists were killed. He denied having committed the robbery, although he admitted having conducted three earlier robberies.[2] He was sentenced to 12 years in prison for the other three robberies and given a life sentence for the December 1969 assassination

Pierre Goldman's funeral was attended by 15,000 people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Goldman

Which guys in this thread are saying to deport the Muslim populations?

Dont know but here in France there s a famed jewish pseudo journalist that recently wrote a book advocating such a measure, so much for jews not being extremists, even in western countries, after all the fascist Betar is allowed in France and they are even armed while this movement has been branded terrorist by the US..

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
just informing us of the "real" story - which is that the Muslims are victims and everyone they kill deserves it.

You are a hell of a liar, find a quote that say so poor moron or shut up the asshole that serve you as mouth, that s typical of a republitard, using lies and deception, that s why i m not even surprised...

Black Octagon

Golden Member
Dec 10, 2012

Thanks for the link. Yet another war on an abstract noun, though I'm glad to see that it's limited to radical and not 'all' Islam. Then again, both Bush and Obama consistently said that America's beef is not with all Muslims, just the extremists. Hasn't seemed to prevent the rise in Islamophobia in America, if the AT forums are anything to go by.

By the way, that Business Insider link relies solely on this NY Times article: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/01/11/world/europe/paris-terrorist-attacks.html?referrer=

Not a bad article, but they made a couple mistakes. Valls' statement was made on Friday 9, not Saturday 10, January. And from what I can tell, he only declared war on 'Terrorism.' Not sure where NY Times got the radical Islam bit...https://mobile.twitter.com/manuelvalls/status/553632956917768192

StrangerGuy

Diamond Member
May 9, 2004
Thanks for the link. Yet another war on an abstract noun, though I'm glad to see that it's limited to radical and not 'all' Islam. Then again, both Bush and Obama consistently said that America's beef is not with all Muslims, just the extremists. Hasn't seemed to prevent the rise in Islamophobia in America, if the AT forums are anything to go by.

By the way, that Business Insider link relies solely on this NY Times article: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/01/11/world/europe/paris-terrorist-attacks.html?referrer=

Not a bad article, but they made a couple mistakes. Valls' statement was made on Friday 9, not Saturday 10, January. And from what I can tell, he only declared war on 'Terrorism.' Not sure where NY Times got the radical Islam bit...https://mobile.twitter.com/manuelvalls/status/553632956917768192

If I was the French PM, I would secretly arrange the media to insult every religion at every corner and arrest every extremist that tries to retaliate any threat of violence, until everybody grows up in their bloody head.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
A shit-ton of local imams and mosques are doing just that, urging their members to join the solidarity rallies...

I just wish the media would tell us that. A message of unity and solidarity is necessary to change the running meme that Islam equals Terror.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
WTF would the president go over there to be in a march? He's the President of the United States of America, not of a European nation or her neighbors.
So, in sending Eric Holder he's acting what, stupidly? Clearly, he felt it important for the U.S. to have a presence. Why send an underling who has got one foot out the door while leaders of other nations are in attendance? Your bulb, it glows dim.

Maybe Holder is taking the family and will be hanging around for a week or so afterwards as a last hurrah on the taxpayers dime. What do you think?

Last edited: