• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Zen 2 for Distributed Computing: Any interest?

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
asking the Stealth cooler to cool what we're doing is a bit much. Honestly, I don't think even the popular Hyper 212 can cool these 7nm chips for crunching and that's a 4 heat pipes cooler. The Hyper 212 can handle any V3/V4 xeon, but won't survive with these new Ryzen. Unless you undervolt the crap out of it and that'll cause clock stressing. My 3600 non X is running at 4ghz with 1.32v vcore all core and cooled by a 280mm AIO (Corsair) still hits low 70s with avx WUs. 70s are high for me .. it's just personal preferences.... so I lowered my cpu to 3.9ghz kept the temp under control. I don't like my cpu or gpu goes over 70C.
Not really, the stock cooler is supposed to be able to keep the CPU (@ stock settings) cool enough that it can run any app (except avx I'd imagine) without thermal throttling. Bear in mind I'm running with the side of the case off, & I'm using high grade thermal paste too.
Although I think SETI uses avx, I don't think F@H does, does it?

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Ah ok, that changes things somewhat. Although I still would've thought it should keep it cool enough for it to at least not throttle........

Markfw

CPU Moderator, VC&G Moderator, Elite Member
Super Moderator
May 16, 2002
@TennesseeTony , I think you wanted to see WCG scores with a lot of cores. Well, I have 170 on Rosetta, and 495 on WCG, so tomorrows stats should show that. And I may be bringing 64 more on-line if the power does not give out.

VietOZ

Aug 3, 2019
@pututu Thanks bro! Cost me arms and legs, but I love hardware. Glad that I only have a couple of hobbies and the other one (wood working) is not as expensive.
@Markfw looking to see your numbers on WCG. I'm very interested in those Rome Epyc.

Markfw

CPU Moderator, VC&G Moderator, Elite Member
Super Moderator
May 16, 2002

StefanR5R

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2016
hrm, not showing up here (and i'm logged into wcg)
It seems WCG doesn't show host stats except to the host's owner. But 3rd party stats sites do (if the owner enabled the corresponding export option in the privacy settings). Here is Mark's device ID 6313713:

ASK THE COMMUNITY