Zelda : Breath of the Wild

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
If you do all the shrines and max your hearts just how many full stamina wheels can you get? I have two.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I struggled a bit with the zora dungeon but I cruised through death mountain and the flying one. I find it strange that armor designed to protect me from magma hot heat from a volcano isn't up to protecting me in the desert.

Anyone get the alternate ending yet?
What is the alternate ending? I had all memories unlocked and heard that added something, but I don't know what it added since that's all I had.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
If you do all the shrines and max your hearts just how many full stamina wheels can you get? I have two.

30 hearts is the max. I had a bunch of the meals that do "full health + 20 extra hearts" when I faced Ganon but I tried using one instead of letting the healing power heal me, and I didn't get any extra hearts :(

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
I think it's lame that you can't have three full stamina circles in addition to 30 hearts. They should have just made stamina into four quarters instead of five.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I think it's fine. To be honest having 27 hearts and full stamina vs. having 30 hearts and 2.4 stamina doesn't change anything. Both of those are complete overkill for what you need to beat the game.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Does anyone know if the Master Sword recharges regardless as for its wear? I need to know if I should wail on objects to "break" it so it's fully charged and ready to go for dungeons. I can't risk sheathing it when it's at partial durability if it doesn't recharge until it's broken.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Get ready to start the flame war.

I finally picked this up and started it. 5 minutes in it already p!ssed me off. Axe breaking in 1 hit? Sticks breaking in 1 hit? WTF is this? And..the falling....and dying...omg. I haven't seen any bad reviews of this game, but wow I can't believe people find this part 'fun'. When does it get fun? I've completed 2 shrines so far. Equipment management is not fun in an adventure game.

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
Does anyone know if the Master Sword recharges regardless as for its wear? I need to know if I should wail on objects to "break" it so it's fully charged and ready to go for dungeons. I can't risk sheathing it when it's at partial durability if it doesn't recharge until it's broken.
It does not recharge until it completely runs out of power. So if it's getting low, just use it until it runs out and then put it away for 10 minutes to let it recharge.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001

I finally picked this up and started it. 5 minutes in it already p!ssed me off. Axe breaking in 1 hit? Sticks breaking in 1 hit? WTF is this? And..the falling....and dying...omg. I haven't seen any bad reviews of this game, but wow I can't believe people find this part 'fun'. When does it get fun? I've completed 2 shrines so far. Equipment management is not fun in an adventure game.
This was basically everyone's complaint at first, and before you know it, you're complaining that you don't have enough space for all of the cool weapons you are finding and you start dropping and using them on purpose so that they break.

Reactions: nurturedhate

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
This was basically everyone's complaint at first, and before you know it, you're complaining that you don't have enough space for all of the cool weapons you are finding and you start dropping and using them on purpose so that they break.
This and then spending hours hunting down seeds for more inventory room (this is a fun activity) because you want to try all the shiny weapons!

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
I'd rather have weapons drop at 1/5th the rate, but last 5x longer.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003

I got this game on release, played some hours in (3 or 4 shrines maybe?) and have not been able to bring myself back to it since. You're not the only one.

Nashemon

Jun 14, 2012
I got this game on release, played some hours in (3 or 4 shrines maybe?) and have not been able to bring myself back to it since. You're not the only one.
If your bored, you're bored, but you're literally still in the starting area. It's like playing OoT and not leaving Kokiri Forest. You have to do 4 shrines to move out of it. The best weapons in it I think might last 5-8 hits max. But like I said, you're in the starting area. The tutorial of sorts. One of the lessons you learn there is to not get attached to your equipment. It's not like it's in short supply or anything. Nearly every enemy drops a replacement, and they only get stronger and more durable as you progress. And you really don't even need them. You can use your environment to defeat enemies. I can spend the whole day playing and never even use my weapons.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I've got 6 shrines done. I won't say I'm bored...I just don't find the game play fun. Everything from the exploring to the combat is tedious and ..well..not fun. I think I'm just tired of all the games trying to go 'uber reality'. I don't need things that break constantly, I don't need artificial equipment carry limits ESPECiALLY when they break constantly, I don't need to craft things, I don't need to die for no reason because camera angles suck. The shrines themselves are okay, but I feel a been there done that because it feels like they just tried to do Portal in a Zelda package and I was never a huge Portal fan. I'll continue to play it...probably just rush through and not try to get all shrines. There ARE dungeons in this game right?

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Then just stop playing it now, the game isn't for you lol. Nothing wrong with that.

You also don't have to craft things or do any special combat. I didn't any of that shit. That is what is great about the game - you can play it as you want in any order you want. As mentioned already, the whole 'things breaking' thing doesn't even come into play the more you play the game and get further.

And there aren't traditional dungeons in this game, which is disappointing. But what they did do was still tons of fun.

Why waste your time on a game you aren't having fun with?

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Then just stop playing it now, the game isn't for you lol. Nothing wrong with that.

You also don't have to craft things or do any special combat. I didn't any of that shit. That is what is great about the game - you can play it as you want in any order you want. As mentioned already, the whole 'things breaking' thing doesn't even come into play the more you play the game and get further.

And there aren't traditional dungeons in this game, which is disappointing. But what they did do was still tons of fun.

Why waste your time on a game you aren't having fun with?

I done spent the money man! LOL. I had high hopes. And not all games are fun right off the bat. I just have a feeling I should have passed.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I liked Zelda a shitload more than I thought I would. I haven't liked Zelda since OoT. I got completely sucked into this game even though. It just has it's own charm and the more you play it the more you realize how much love actually went into making this game. I initially thought the map was big just for the sake of being big, but it's not. Each part has it's own unique charm to it and has something to do on it. And a lot of the things to do are just so well thought out and some are really quarky too, in a good way.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
If your bored, you're bored, but you're literally still in the starting area. It's like playing OoT and not leaving Kokiri Forest. You have to do 4 shrines to move out of it. The best weapons in it I think might last 5-8 hits max. But like I said, you're in the starting area. The tutorial of sorts. One of the lessons you learn there is to not get attached to your equipment. It's not like it's in short supply or anything. Nearly every enemy drops a replacement, and they only get stronger and more durable as you progress. And you really don't even need them. You can use your environment to defeat enemies. I can spend the whole day playing and never even use my weapons.
Yeah I still want to put at least another hour or 2 into it before calling it quits for good... but when I think about playing Zelda or Rocket League, Rocket League always wins.

I've played a lot of Zelda games and beat a number of them... I stuck out Skyward Sword, so I should be able to make this one happen... eventually.

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
Yeah I still want to put at least another hour or 2 into it before calling it quits for good... but when I think about playing Zelda or Rocket League, Rocket League always wins.

I've played a lot of Zelda games and beat a number of them... I stuck out Skyward Sword, so I should be able to make this one happen... eventually.
Oh man, I love me some Zelda but I couldn't finish skyward sword. Motion controls ruined yet another game.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
The more you play the more you realize that the whole world is literally one big puzzle. Shrines scattered throughout the world, mountains, hell even rocks and trees are deliberately placed everywhere. Nothing was placed by accident in this game. Nothing

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Just beat it. The final boss was the easiest in the game. I wish he did more than just shoot a beam in a straight arc you can avoid without trying. Never the less, it felt epic and was fun so it works. The music is so top notch!

Dranoche

Jul 6, 2009
The short life of weapons bugged me a little at the start before I got off the plateau. Once I started exploring the rest of the world and found myself constantly with more weapons than I could carry, and new and more durable weapons at that, it became a non-issue.

Just beat it. The final boss was the easiest in the game. I wish he did more than just shoot a beam in a straight arc you can avoid without trying. Never the less, it felt epic and was fun so it works. The music is so top notch!
I beat Ganon this past weekend, felt the same as you, too easy but kind of epic.

Ended up with a little under 68 percent completion. Had a little under 70 side quests completed, all 120 shrines, all armor and all fully upgraded, compendium complete, and about 520 Korok seeds. Apparently completion only includes world discovery, shrines, dungeon bosses, and Korok seeds, with each individual piece weighted the same. Went and talked to Kilton for the monster medals afterwards, had all 4 moldugas, 33/40 hinox, and 29/40 talus. Thought I had explored pretty thoroughly trying to find the seeds, at a bit of a loss as to how I missed so many of the world bosses. Wish there was one for lynels too, pretty sure I've found and defeated all of them.