Zelda : Breath of the Wild

Page 14 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Viddyvane

Assistant Community Manager
Administrator
Feb 22, 2017
The Great Book of Knowledge (aka Google) tell me that you need...

At least four 'levels' or full spheres of stamina to catch the royal steed.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Anyone know how much stamina you need to capture the royal white horse on the side quest? Answer in spoiler tags if you want in case some people don't want to know. I thought I had a lot and used an elixir to keep it going, but I still couldn't do it.
Gahhh more horse hunting? I literally have not upgraded my stamina one lick yet. I have to make sure I have a ton of stamina cooked on elixirs stuff today make sure I make a lot of the longer climbs even with the full climb gear.

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
The Great Book of Knowledge (aka Google) tell me that you need...

At least four 'levels' or full spheres of stamina to catch the royal steed.
That's insane. Time for more shrine hunting. Between this, HZD, MLB The Show, and ME:A I'm going to have absolutely no life for a long while. This has been a great month for gaming and that's not even counting Ghost Recon: Wildlands and the first BF1 xpac.

Face2Face

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2001
I just tapped out my 3rd full stamina wheel. Looks like that's the max that can be done. I'm about 70 Shrines In. I have 15 hearts as well. I also found the last great fairy. I maxed out my Ancient armor (Chest and legs) Still working on the helmet, though I hate the look of it and never wear it... Im want to find the rest of the armor I'm missing, but approaching the end game. I'll probably finish the game by the end of the month so I can get my life back... :) Love this game though.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
That's insane. Time for more shrine hunting. Between this, HZD, MLB The Show, and ME:A I'm going to have absolutely no life for a long while. This has been a great month for gaming and that's not even counting Ghost Recon: Wildlands and the first BF1 xpac.
It's not that insane though if you have elixirs or if you sleep in the upgraded bed/spa and have the extra wheel.

Nashemon

Jun 14, 2012
You can swap out all your hearts for endurance at the hateno village horned statue, tame the horse, then switch it back. 20 rupees a pop.
Did I read it wrong? Isn't it 220 rupees? 100 to lose one, 120 to gain one.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
no no, he pays you 100 rupees to "sell" him a heart or energy tank and you pay 120 rupees to get one of your choice back.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
It was made with so much thought and care that it surprises me that it has performance as bad as it does. Surely a dynamic reduction as things ramp up could have been possible, or reduced foliage in the bogged down areas could have been altered.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
It was made with so much thought and care that it surprises me that it has performance as bad as it does. Surely a dynamic reduction as things ramp up could have been possible, or reduced foliage in the bogged down areas could have been altered.
It's because it's a Wii U port.

Nashemon

Jun 14, 2012
I just bought the Bokoblin Amiibo. I wasn't going to at first, because the amiibo itself doesn't give anything really cool, and it's such a minor enemy. But I've come to love them. My fiance watches me play and has nicknamed them "piggers." When I see them in the game, she tells me not to hurt them :laughing:

She does the same whenever I find a Korok under a rock. I dropped the rock on one once and it made the cutest "ouch" sound, that she almost cried.

Reactions: Face2Face

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004

It does have dynamic resolution. Eurogamer/Digital Foundry fairly recently found that it does which makes the horrible performance even more baffling.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...h-of-the-wild-uses-dynamic-resolution-scaling

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Damn. And the Switch is having the same performance problems running what is basically a 360 era game right out of the gate. Disconcerting to be sure looking forward.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Finished the final Ganon battle today. Overall a solid 8/10 game but a lot of things blood this game back on the Wii U. Was also a little surprised that the last 30 minutes has zero voice acting in some of the most impactful moments of the story.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
zT0DVp8.jpg

Nashemon

Jun 14, 2012
So I finally started progressing the main story, and beat two Divine Beasts this week (Zora then Gerudo). I got stuck pretty hardcore on both of them, but eventually figured them out. They are good puzzles (except the part where it points you right where the map is as soon as you enter), and of course the bosses are awesome. Gerudo boss nearly wiped me out a few times. Had to eat 6 or 7 times.

But... they really don't feel much different than the shrines, in my opinion. Although I spent several hours in each of them, and they are really cool to be inside, and I love how they made it work within the physical confines and features of the beast, they don't really feel like a full dungeon. As big as the game is, the beasts aren't expansive. They feel cramped. If this was the second half of the game kind of thing, where I already explored a number of dungeons, and now must free the beasts, I'd have no complaint about them. But as it stands, I'm kind of missing the dungeons from previous games, that felt like they filled the mountain, or forest, or tree, or lake, or whale they were in.

I know I haven't beaten in yet, but I've got two more of these then I'm done with the game? The game felt much larger two divine beasts ago. I'm hopeful the DLC fills this void I'm suddenly feeling.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I agree about the dungeons from previous games. I liked how you got a new weapon in dungeons that you needed to use to complete the dungeons and that you would need later on. I do wish there were traditional dungeons.

That said, I found the divine beasts tons of fun and I loved how they didn't really hand hold you through the puzzles. The difficulty of them is kind of weird though - some are super easy others are really tough, especially the bosses.

After I finished all 4 beasts, I have just been kind of exploring and roaming around, finding side quests and finding places I had not been to yet, and I'm still having a lot of fun just doing that. I just crossed the halfway point as far as shrines go, and I still have like 58 or so left to find. I don't think I will 100% this game or anything, but I am holding off on fighting Ganon because i know once I face him and beat the main quest, I probably will not turn the game back on.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
I thought the divine beast puzzles very easy, especially compared to the shrines. Only the Thunderblight boss gave me troubles and that only took two tries. The biggest issue I have is that the divine beasts lack enemies. Maybe a handful per each one and all are pretty simple. The original Zelda made getting to the boss with a fairy or position and enough hearts a challenge. I don't see how a plus mode will fix anything unless they add more enemies and types to the divine beasts and the castle.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Wow that is a pretty massive difference. I figured that it just had performance issues since it was ported from Wii U and they didn't have as much time as they wished to tweak things. Glad to see they were able to fix the performance drastically in a pretty short period of time.