You can't have my guns.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Vic Vega, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eits

eits Lifer

no, they aren't the crazy ones. they're the average american.

other than that, i agree 100% with what you said.

2. dabuddha

dabuddha Lifer

I'd still prefer the principal to have a shotgun for emergencies. Think of it this way, if the principal goes nuts, they'll just go out and buy weapons and shoot up the school anyways. That'd probably happen less than 1% of the time (less often then school shootings if anything). On the other hand, with a weapon on hand, they might be able to stop a rampage before it gets extremely ugly.

3. BladeVenom

BladeVenom Lifer

The Fort Hood shooter was a psychiatrist. He had been regularly evaluated by other psychiatrists.

4. CVSiN

CVSiN Diamond Member

If you truly believe that I feel sorry for you.
    most of the Average Americans would flat wet their pants and freeze in fear before they would be able to pull that trigger.

5. sixone

sixone Lifer

My freedom to choose a gun or guns should never be limited, until and unless I've demonstrated some sort of propensity to infringe on another person's freedom.

It's the crazies that are causing the problem, not all gun owners. If you want to solve the problem, go to the source. You wouldn't cut someone's foot off because they have a hangnail.

6. eits

eits Lifer

I don't know how else to explain it to you. The average American believe that. I'm not saying that they're right, just that's what people think.

7. Blackjack200

Blackjack200 Lifer

And what about my freedom to have automatic weapons? Why can't I buy an M240?

8. sixone

sixone Lifer

No reason I can think of. As long as you don't threaten or harm anyone, you should be free to buy what you want.

9. Blackjack200

Blackjack200 Lifer

Oh, I won't be doing that 'till I pull the trigger. Thanks.

10. onza

onza Diamond Member

I would like to be able to buy silencers so I can shoot without ear protection thank you very much. But... I can't.

11. ghost recon88

ghost recon88 Diamond Member

12. CVSiN

CVSiN Diamond Member

this is truth... and around the world suicide bombers still take lives on a weekly basis using black market explosives.
    you can outlaw things all you want, but the evil will always find a way.

13. sixone

sixone Lifer

Doesn't sound like something a responsible gun owner would say.

14. jhansman

jhansman Platinum Member

The feeble-minded will always blame the weapon and never the user. Several years ago in Japan, a man waded in to a crowd and manage to kill eight people with a knife before he was subdued. AFAIK, knives are still legally obtainable in Japan.

15. eits

eits Lifer

why not? your freedom to choose whatever killing machine you choose is only limited by the kinds that should be allowed. it's basically like saying you're allowed to drive whatever speed you want as long as it's not below 15 mph under the speed limit or above 5 mph over the speed limit. it's a matter of public safety.

you can't know who is crazy and who isn't. you don't know what causes people to snap from sane to crazy and you can't keep it from happening. you act as though people are either born crazy or they aren't, or that people don't just snap sometimes and make horrible life choices that go way too far.

16. JulesMaximus

JulesMaximus No Lifer

The assault begins. Apparently, I can has your guns. :hmm:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...852-11e2-820e-17eefac2f939_story.html?hpid=z1

17. edro

edro Lifer

After this shakes out, we will be back with the Clinton era Assault Weapons ban.

You have to draw a line somewhere. 2nd Amendment has already been upheld by the Supreme Court as a citizen's right to personal protection with personal firearms.

The line has to be somewhere between a single shot .22LR hunting rifle and a nuclear warhead.
    I am personally ok with a ban on high capacity magazines. (>10rds)

18. eits

eits Lifer

and, now, because of that, the fbi monitors everyone and the purchases that they make. the sale of certain amounts of chemicals or materials needed to make large explosives sets off red flags. also, something like this hasn't occurred in almost two decades.

19. BladeVenom

BladeVenom Lifer

48 people murdered by car bombs today in Iraq.

A car bomb killed 20 today in Pakistan.

At least they weren't shot.

20. sixone

sixone Lifer

It's not a "killing machine" until it actually kills someone. Guns can and are used frequently by people with no malicious intent whatsoever.

I love that you've equated guns with cars, though. Cars are far more dangerous to public safety than guns are - when they're misused.

People don't "snap from sane to crazy" with no warning. As we've already seen, as soon as the shooter's name is released, the media is flooded with people who knew something was wrong, but didn't do anything (or anything effective) about it. Until that changes, these things will keep happening - with guns or with other weapons.

21. eits

eits Lifer

they're doing it for a completely different cause. they don't get gratification in watching their kills.

i refer back to a post i made last page:

22. BladeVenom

BladeVenom Lifer

You can still buy fertilizer at the hardware store. Maybe if you start ordering tons of the stuff it might set of red flags. But as long as you purchase in reasonable quantities, you can easily buy everything you need to make explosives.

James Holmes had 30 bombs in his apartment, and 10 gallons of gasoline.

23. sixone

sixone Lifer

It'll never pass the House.

24. eits

eits Lifer

lol the * it isn't. what is it then? it certainly wasn't designed to be a decoration.

a gun's only purpose is to kill. that's it. that's what it's made for. it isn't made to do your taxes or drive your kids to school or spread butter on toast... it's made to kill. it is, therefore, a killing machine... a machine used to kill.

and people do snap from sane to crazy all the time. you're telling me you've never been under so much stress that you've just snapped and acted in a completely uncharacteristic and embarrassing way? most people have. people snap.

i'm not saying that these shooters were sane before they carried out their killing rampages, but i'm saying that you can't simply expect that sane people won't go crazy at some point. under the right conditions, people lose their shit... it's just a fact of human nature.

25. eits

eits Lifer

john holmes was way before 1995.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.