Yale student screaming at professor for not providing safe space

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Offense is taken, not given. Dickhead
Excellent point. Even if I think someone is an idiot for holding a particular opinion, they still have the right to hold that opinion. If I take offense at that opinion, that's on me; we all have control over ourselves.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I was wondering how long it would take to get a SJW at that level to come on here. I feel like it should have happened sooner.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ting-journalist-as-school-sinks-into-turmoil/

In the latest controversy to divide the community, Mizzou’s Board of Curators voted Wednesday to suspend Melissa Click, the assistant professor caught on camera pushing a student journalist and calling for “some muscle” to remove him from a protest camp.
The suspension also came on the same day the school’s ousted president, Tim Wolfe, issued a scathing letter slamming his successor as president, the Board of Curators, other university leaders and even the school’s football team, which backed the protests.

“The football team’s actions were the equivalent of throwing gasoline on a small fire,” Wolfe wrote, adding that the players’ boycott had hurt enrollment and cost the school more than $25 million. “The end result could be a financial catastrophe for our university.”
But Click’s supporters expressed outrage, claiming that the suspension was unprecedented and that the professor was a scapegoat.

“Since when do UM … Curators make personnel decisions?” tweeted local lawyer and small-business owner Carolyn Sullivan. “Tired of [double] standards [for] women & witch [hunt] against Click.”

Damn glad I don't go to Mizzou! Too many crazies

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Good riddance. Hopefully no college is stupid enough to give you another job given the reputation risk and poor character you represent.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news...cle_4b0ae653-2d61-5f3f-9ede-a129d12f0fd1.html

Update: University of Missouri curators vote to fire Melissa Click

Assistant Professor Melissa Click, captured on video calling for “some muscle” to remove reporters from a campus protest site, was fired Wednesday by the University of Missouri Board of Curators, Chairwoman Pam Henrickson said in a prepared statement.

Oct 16, 1999
Just having watched a debate where two candidates double-teamed the front-runner for vowing not to let people die in the streets really showed me the error in my ways in this thread.