YAGT: OMG I love guns

Page 40 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Phoenix15

Golden Member
Aug 9, 2001
I don't own one but I have shot a few different models of the MK III. They were all awesome. Plus anytime I hear "Ruger" and ".22" in the same sentence it makes my pee pee stick out.

I saw the Ruger MK III Hunter and I think I'm in love. Anyone shot this gun?

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
This thread needs some activity. Post the most expensive new gun you can find.

http://cabotgun.com/better-than-custom-1911-pistols/national-standard-deluxe/
National_Standard_Deluxe_conposition.jpg

Price: $7,450.00

Note this company isn't your standard custom gunsmith. They actually use a special machining process to make and fit their guns.

http://cabotgun.com/weve-already-won-the-clone-war/better-than-a-guarantee/
At Cabot Gun we believe the only guarantees worth while are those that are verifiable and can be independently validated every time. Our extreme precision fit of our frames and slides is 0.001 inches. That’s 0.0005 inches(5/10,00th of an inch) on each side of the frame and slide. And those tolerances do not vary by more than 2/10,000th of an inch. To show this we produce a Dimensional Analysis Report created on a Coordinate Measuring Machine accurate to 40,000,000th of an inch.

Each and every frame and slide we produce is built to this exacting precision, unheard of in the 1911 world. This precision is allows for our Clone Technology that allows our components to be interchangeable with no gunsmithing and to extreme fits

CRXican

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2004
I currently have more money than sense. My lowers keep multiplying. Still I only own one complete upper.

I'm either going to end up with a handful of 5.56 AR15s or I'll stash a couple of the lowers. I've been contemplating 7.62x39 and .308 goodness.

CRXican

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2004
Kind sir, if you like I could take one or two off of your hands. :awe:

If only stripped lowers weren't considered firearms. It's quite absurd.

I think I"m on day 8 of the 10 day waiting period to pick up my pieces of metal.

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
I currently have more money than sense. My lowers keep multiplying. Still I only own one complete upper.

I'm either going to end up with a handful of 5.56 AR15s or I'll stash a couple of the lowers. I've been contemplating 7.62x39 and .308 goodness.

I honestly never understood the allure of the AR15 platform...the M1 Garand/M14, yes. The AR15 though, IMO, seems boring.

To each their own, I supposed :)

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Soo...totally bummed out by today's events. A lot of innocent people died, and I have a feeling more people will try to limit 2A rights.

I'm gonna look into getting my LTCH early though. There are a lot of fucking psychos out there. :(

Been listening to a Canadian rant on Twitter for the better part of the day, about how Americans need to curb our gun obsessed culture, that firearms do not belong in the home or hands of private citizens outside of a range, and how anyone caught with a firearm on their person should be punished by life in prison.

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
Soo...totally bummed out by today's events. A lot of innocent people died, and I have a feeling more people will try to limit 2A rights.

I'm gonna look into getting my LTCH early though. There are a lot of fucking psychos out there. :(

Honestly wouldn't have helped in this case. The perp was wearing body armor so it's very doubtful that anyone carrying would have been able to stop him (barring a lucky head shot or something).

Also, at least here in NC we can't carry in theaters or anywhere else that you pay for admission.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Honestly wouldn't have helped in this case. The perp was wearing body armor so it's very doubtful that anyone carrying would have been able to stop him (barring a lucky head shot or something).

Also, at least here in NC we can't carry in theaters or anywhere else that you pay for admission.

What kind of body armor? Unless he had a plate, taking a shot still hurts like hell and can/will likely break ribs with the amount of force dissipated. Certainly would slow him down.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
If only stripped lowers weren't considered firearms. It's quite absurd.

I think I"m on day 8 of the 10 day waiting period to pick up my pieces of metal.
I still need to machine my 80% lower.

velillen

Platinum Member
Jul 12, 2006
I agree, but these events make you think, ya know? I heard the guy was even wearing bulletproof leggings and even a cup, wtf!? Though, wouldn't it still really hurt or temporarily incapacitate him if he was shot on a piece of his bulletproof clothing?

Here we go...on the news I'm watching them talk about ZOMG how easy it is to get guns and especially "assault rifles."

I think we have similar restrictions for theaters here too (insofar as its private property).

I dont know which kind of body armor he had (which class) but i know my friend got shot in his stomach area in Iraq and it did some nasty damage even though it didnt penetrate the plate/vest. Had a huge bruise on his skin, a broken rib, and i want to say bruised liver or some weird thing like that. Not sure what he got shot with but i know it took him out of the fight for the most part.

As for the assualt rifle crap by the media....come on seriously a .45 1911 or even a 9mm glock could have and would have done the same amount of damage (minus possibly penetrating the walls) when you are firing into a unarmed, pretty much open crowd. Only thing is he would have had to reload more often. Even a 380 would have been devastating.

I just hate how when a tragity like this occurs it seems to just bring out every anti-gun person who starts screaming about how easy it is and blah blah blah. Honestly come on it isnt hard to get a black market gun and do the exact same thing.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Yeah even if I owned an M1A I certainly wouldnt carry it around with me. Nor would I carry FMJ as the likelihood of encountering an armored assailant isnt great.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Yeah even if I owned an M1A I certainly wouldnt carry it around with me. Nor would I carry FMJ as the likelihood of encountering an armored assailant isnt great.

Actually in many areas of the country the perps likely to use a gun are wearing body armor.

I actually know two guys that will wear a vest in dangerous areas. Part of our job is doing the things that need to be done after hours. Quite a few of those places have actually made the news with extended fire fights between the gang bangers patroling those areas.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
I dont know which kind of body armor he had (which class) but i know my friend got shot in his stomach area in Iraq and it did some nasty damage even though it didnt penetrate the plate/vest. Had a huge bruise on his skin, a broken rib, and i want to say bruised liver or some weird thing like that. Not sure what he got shot with but i know it took him out of the fight for the most part.

As for the assualt rifle crap by the media....come on seriously a .45 1911 or even a 9mm glock could have and would have done the same amount of damage (minus possibly penetrating the walls) when you are firing into a unarmed, pretty much open crowd. Only thing is he would have had to reload more often. Even a 380 would have been devastating.

I just hate how when a tragity like this occurs it seems to just bring out every anti-gun person who starts screaming about how easy it is and blah blah blah. Honestly come on it isnt hard to get a black market gun and do the exact same thing.

I agree...too many people think assault rifle = full auto. In reality, any semi-automatic can be reloaded nearly instantly.

One day I'd love to own a tommy gun. I witnessed one at a hunting lodge for one of our christmas parties and they are pretty cool. They are heavy and pigs, but fun.

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010

He was probably shot with an AK. Night & day difference that and the pistol rounds a CCW'er would be shooting.

velillen

Platinum Member
Jul 12, 2006
I agree...too many people think assault rifle = full auto. In reality, any semi-automatic can be reloaded nearly instantly.

One day I'd love to own a tommy gun. I witnessed one at a hunting lodge for one of our christmas parties and they are pretty cool. They are heavy and pigs, but fun.

I almost bought a Volunteer Arms Commando Mark III which is a copy cat of a tommy gun. only 400 bucks! Shoots 45acp too so not that expensive to shoot :) Just couldnt justify it ontop of everything else ive bought especially with me going to Cali for 5 months on Monday.

And yeah any gun will do it in that environment. Glock 17 x2 with a couple 33 round mags and your still cheaper than an AR :)