YAGT: No kiss on first date= bad sign?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gigapet

Lifer
Aug 9, 2001
Originally posted by: gregshin
Originally posted by: gigapet
Originally posted by: gregshin
2nd dates are the always the best...just kiss her good night real quick on the lips suttle dont try to french...make it innocent.

its not highschool EDIT: Hollywood has your brainwashed.

it aint high school chief and it happened to me and i was 27 at the time and i've had my fair share of dates and women.

sorry man i dont care how old you are waiting till the end of the night to kiss is a hollywood thing. The kiss should come at any point in the night when the chemistry and timing are right. It shouldnt be an awkward creepy forced peck at the end of the night cuz your leaving.

gigapet

Lifer
Aug 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Proletariat
like 90 % of the people in this thread have never been on a date.

yeah we need airsofter in here to tell us how its done.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: amicold
Originally posted by: FrankyJunior
Wow, a girl with values that doesn't sleep around. RUN AWAY!

And, ummm, what's with the choice of movies?

Agreed, no kiss = no second date? OMGTEH MORALS!1111!!!!11!!

Weird movie choice though.

Yep!!!

My girl came to my place on our third date. We cuddled on the couch and when she left I gave her a kiss at which point she was into it then pulled back and said "aaa... you kissed me..." gets in her car and leaves in almost shock.

That was over a year ago and we are getting married this July.

Ask for a 2nd date, you never know where it will lead. ;)

pclstyle

Platinum Member
Apr 14, 2004
Originally posted by: freedomsbeat212
Originally posted by: CPA
dude, your first "date" consisted of the Spongebob Movie? sad, just sad.

Actually, I think I was uncharacteristically smooth, all things considered.. here's my reasoning...
a. I'm a laid back guy but look like a dweed/nerd. You know, button down shirt to a date/traditional sort with a job in publishing. my aim for the night was to show her that I'm responsible and can have fun, i think i did that.
b. we started at a book reading - high brow entertainment
c. moved onto a video arcade - low brow entertainment
d. had a long conversation over drinks - shows that i'm responsible, career driven and serious about my life
e. came back to my place to see spongebob, showing that I can be serious but also have a goofy/light hearted side. she laughed when i suggested it and the movie was so pointless that making a move was easy, she wasn't engrossed by the plot

what do you guys suggest? fight club? schindlers list?

million dollar baby, and then wipe her tears off with your tongue (or your member, if you're bold enough).

nothing gets a girl in the mood like euthanasia

gigapet

Lifer
Aug 9, 2001

CStan

Apr 1, 2002
You definately have to kiss her.

If you don't want to waste time, ask her on a second date, then get some innocent touching action (arm, back, not too much just to get at the same comfort level as the spooning before), then go for the kiss early, just to get it out of the way. That way, you'll see her reaction and either bolt or continue.

pclstyle

Platinum Member
Apr 14, 2004
Originally posted by: swtethan
Originally posted by: Proletariat
like 90 % of the people in this thread have never been on a date.

yeah we need airsofter in here to tell us how its done.

link?

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview...atid=38&threadid=1834259&enterthread=y

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview...atid=38&threadid=1836751&enterthread=y

try that pwnage on for size

that is fvcking hilarious. the kid is like 16.