wtfmate: Woman beaten on bus, by MIDDLE SCHOOLERS

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Finalnight

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2003
Originally posted by: michaelsslave
on another note, wtf are there 14-15 year olds in middle school. i never skipped a grade i was 14 until the last 2 weeks of ninth grade

Some places have Middle school be 6-9 or 7-9. And then high school is 10-12

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: irishScott
Originally posted by: BigJ
This is another instance where a concealed carry permit would be handy. Crank off a few shots into the roof. They'll get the message.

That said, in the heat of the moment, if I feared for my life I'd have no problem shooting to kill.

Oh boy. :roll:

I assume all 15 didn't decide to attack at the exact same instant. If only, say 2 were attacking me, I think it'd send the message to the others. Assuming I get back into the shape I was several months ago, I could easily take 2 middle schoolers so as to access my weapon.

However, if any more joined in...

he's saying oh boy because that not something you do if you are carrying. you pretty much either use it on the attackers or not at all.

videogames101

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2005
wtf.... sometimes, it's good to be in HS, middle schoolers move their A$$s out of the way for you.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
Originally posted by: pontifex
This is another instance where a concealed carry permit would be handy. Crank off a few shots into the roof. They'll get the message.

That said, in the heat of the moment, if I feared for my life I'd have no problem shooting to kill.

I assume all 15 didn't decide to attack at the exact same instant. If only, say 2 were attacking me, I think it'd send the message to the others. Assuming I get back into the shape I was several months ago, I could easily take 2 middle schoolers so as to access my weapon.

However, if any more joined in...

he's saying oh boy because that not something you do if you are carrying. you pretty much either use it on the attackers or not at all.

ya, but the last thing you want is Al Sharpton camped out on your front yard in a vigil for the slain angels all the while calling you a racist on CNN.

michaelsslave

Sep 17, 2007
Originally posted by: Finalnight
on another note, wtf are there 14-15 year olds in middle school. i never skipped a grade i was 14 until the last 2 weeks of ninth grade

correct me if im wrong, but those are called junior highs NOT middle schools

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
Kreager was dragged off the bus and her boyfriend, Troy Ennis, attempted to get her back on, police said.

I feel like that has to be wrong.

Also, 14 and 15 is Freshman and Sophomore years in HS.

edit: Oh maybe the kids were trying to drag her off and her boyfriend was trying to keep her on? I dunno, it's worded weird.

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
Originally posted by: Wheezer
Originally posted by: Descartes
I got jumped a few times by a group of such kids, but I was a kid too. I'm not sure what I'd do if something like that happened to me now. I don't see an adult male responding to a bunch of kids even in self-defense coming off favorably.

go for the weakest or closest one and make an example out of him by breaking a bone or two....that probably will get the attention of the rest.

fvck 'em.

The collar bone is the easiest to break, a good hammer fist or punch will do it, and of course the solar plexus (just below the sternum) is a favorite. Personally I'd try to throw the first few out of the way and get a bit down the aisle, that way I wouldn't be surrounded. Breaking bones and such is good if you're skilled in it, and can do it quickly, but I think when it all comes down to it most of us are better off putting some distance between us and then fighting them on our terms (ie one at a time instead of being mobbed)

That said, you would be surprised what kids that age are capable of, and I mean as far as being psycho/malicious as well as in actual physical ability.

Apathetic

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2002

My thoughts exactly. Why would you waste perfectly good ammunition on the roof when there's worthless scum to shoot?

Dave

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: Finalnight

correct me if im wrong, but those are called junior highs NOT middle schools

junior high and middle school are the same thing

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: JLee
If the situation were opposite, somebody would be charged with a hate crime. Let's see how this turns out..

Where's Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to condemn this act?

imported_Section8

Aug 1, 2006
I haven't read in the article or posts where the adults involved practiced common sense, self control, conflict avoidance, etc. I imagine myself in this scenario (I ride public transit to and from downtown Dallas everyday) and I would most likely ask why they were reserving seats. If what they said did not pass the hoho test, then its off to the operator to intervene. I like to believe I am brighter than the average 13 to 15 year old and can outwit them without the need to engage in melee. It has been my experience that when things spin out of control, both parties had a part to play in the outcome. Just my 2 bits.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: ADDAvenger
Originally posted by: Wheezer
Originally posted by: Descartes
I got jumped a few times by a group of such kids, but I was a kid too. I'm not sure what I'd do if something like that happened to me now. I don't see an adult male responding to a bunch of kids even in self-defense coming off favorably.

go for the weakest or closest one and make an example out of him by breaking a bone or two....that probably will get the attention of the rest.

fvck 'em.

The collar bone is the easiest to break, a good hammer fist or punch will do it, and of course the solar plexus (just below the sternum) is a favorite. Personally I'd try to throw the first few out of the way and get a bit down the aisle, that way I wouldn't be surrounded. Breaking bones and such is good if you're skilled in it, and can do it quickly, but I think when it all comes down to it most of us are better off putting some distance between us and then fighting them on our terms (ie one at a time instead of being mobbed)

That said, you would be surprised what kids that age are capable of, and I mean as far as being psycho/malicious as well as in actual physical ability.

If I knew I could take their collar bone, I'd use a knife strike...hammer is the same motion but the force is disipated.

A near dozen of even 10 year olds looking to hit you is a tough battle for the average man.