WTF happened to HardForum??

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RickSievers

Feb 28, 2019
Technical problems there.they wouldnt remove your post unless you were being asshat.Im not a member,but i read a lot of posts over there.

I posted this to see if was worth anything... Meaning is it a good PC. He sent it to me stating that I was selling it and I wasn't allowed to post anything forsale.
1551397886870.png

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
lol thats mayne?

That's the way I understood it. I didn't see anyone else in that thread saying "look at me!" Mayne said he liked to say "bastard" a lot, and the OP of that thread certainly used it a lot there. :eek:

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
That's the way I understood it. I didn't see anyone else in that thread saying "look at me!" Mayne said he liked to say "bastard" a lot, and the OP of that thread certainly used it a lot there. :eek:

stinging attack for sure.feel sorry for mayne.hes misunderstood

Last edited:

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Another thing I came in to add.....before seeing the Ars link and getting distracted was when I first was trying to find a computer forum to get help on back in the day, I just couldn't do [H]. Although it wasn't because of Kyle, the moderators, or the users. It was the fact after reading that dark layout they loved to do everything in, when I switched back to any other site my retinas about burnt out. :p

I tried the new dark theme here for about 5 seconds after the forum update because of the same reasons.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Does anyone here ever visit HardForum? I haven't been on there in a couple of months, but Holy Hell, they've installed some wretched new forum software and its totally fucked up now.

Who's the giant leaking douchebag that used to run that thing? I remember back in the day that he was a complete asshole who didn't know shit about tech. Most of the articles on hardcop or whatever he called the site were a joke. Does he still own the site, or has it changed hands?
XenForo is much better than the ancient vBulletin software still in use here (written by some of the same people too).

Now, I agree that the skin isn't great there!
He's using the XenForo forum software.
I disagree. I don't care for the way you have to do things. phpBB is a hell of a lot better and with the use of extensions it's even better.

I suspect there hasn't been any change in feelings toward XenForo?

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Another thing I came in to add.....before seeing the Ars link and getting distracted was when I first was trying to find a computer forum to get help on back in the day, I just couldn't do [H]. Although it wasn't because of Kyle, the moderators, or the users. It was the fact after reading that dark layout they loved to do everything in, when I switched back to any other site my retinas about burnt out. :p

I tried the new dark theme here for about 5 seconds after the forum update because of the same reasons.
They have a light theme if you pick it at the bottom... however most users aren't aware of it and sometimes they format their posts assuming everyone uses the dark theme and they end up looking terrible. Not common, but funny when you see it.

Ryland

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2001
The H is also extremely conservative. The majority seem to have Democrats and are total Trumpets.

Edit: "have" should have been "hate"....

Last edited:

Ryland

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2001
100%... What has he done in the last 2 years that was bad for the American people?
  • "Fake News" is straight out of the Nazi playbook. So he has specifically attempted to turn the people away from paying attention to the world around themselves and rely on him for the "truth" when he has been found to have lied more frequently by a HUGE margin than past presidents since that was kept track of.
  • "North Korea has denuclearized" makes the US look like complete idiots on the world stage.
  • Installed industry lobbyists as head of the EPA to remove all environmental protections which also pads his pockets.
Its actually fairly easy to come up with a list of how his actions negatively affect the American people.

Reactions: The d00d

RickSievers

Feb 28, 2019
  • "Fake News" is straight out of the Nazi playbook. So he has specifically attempted to turn the people away from paying attention to the world around themselves and rely on him for the "truth" when he has been found to have lied more frequently by a HUGE margin than past presidents since that was kept track of.
  • "North Korea has denuclearized" makes the US look like complete idiots on the world stage.
  • Installed industry lobbyists as head of the EPA to remove all environmental protections which also pads his pockets.
Its actually fairly easy to come up with a list of how his actions negatively affect the American people.
I don't see it your way... Let's keep politics out of here. It never ends well and we'll get nowhere.

Nov 8, 2012
....Was that just...some political related posts where there was a disagreement... and people weren't butt-hurt?

...and the argument ended in a civilized way? I need to screenshot this shit.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
....Was that just...some political related posts where there was a disagreement... and people weren't butt-hurt?

...and the argument ended in a civilized way? I need to screenshot this shit.

I know, right? There's a first time for everything apparently. :cool:

A political disagreement that didn't end with someone either insulting their family members, questioning the person's intelligence or mental health (and many times their sexuality), or wishing that they would drive into a tree head-on.

Maybe there is hope for P&N after all? Although I'm not holding my breath on that! ;)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I know, right? There's a first time for everything apparently. :cool:

A political disagreement that didn't end with someone either insulting their family members, questioning the person's intelligence or mental health (and many times their sexuality), or wishing that they would drive into a tree head-on.

Maybe there is hope for P&N after all? Although I'm not holding my breath on that! ;)

P&N has its own specific set of rules/tolerances. I'm fine with compartmentalizing.