Wow. Bitcoin is almost $1,500

Page 74 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Hm, I didn't realize that the main sellers were also marking up the cards like crazy -- in other words, it's not just third-party scalpers. I looked at EVGA and cards are marked up about $200-250 over their MSRP. It's kind of hard to say that you're "for the gamers" when you're charging them (in addition to miners) 30% more for your product for no reason other than greed.

Supply and demand.

Retailers have an MSRP they often stick to, but when market pressures change, they can go above and below that to their heart's content. Too far below and they risk cutting into their own cost (sometimes as a loss leader, rare with computer parts though), and too far above and they risk alienating consumers. If consumers are buying at those high prices though, clearly the market [unfortunately] supports that decision. As the market forces change, hopefully we can get retailers to start backing down to MSRP levels.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
next step: exchange integration - need that 3rd party value generation!

Well... first I need a new tag line that doesn't offend the moderators. I'm thinking ATOTcoin: the crypto for the Awesome Trolls Of Technology.

Then I need to promote Zeze to "Chief Troll" and give him a big chunk of this crypto to promote on other sites!

Reactions: IEC and Ns1

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Well... first I need a new tag line that doesn't offend the moderators. I'm thinking ATOTcoin: the crypto for the Awesome Trolls Of Technology.

Then I need to promote Zeze to "Chief Troll" and give him a big chunk of this crypto to promote on other sites!

I'm available for paid trolling. Just saying. ;)

Also: I'm thinking something along the lines of tater tots. I think we can roll with the tots and not offend anyone.

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
2igbuj9.png

Reactions: destrekor

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Heh... I don't think that many people will be cashing out and buying exotic sports cars with their Bitcoin right now :)

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
There was a rumour it was suppose to go up to like 60k which is probably what caused people to buy it when it was already super high. I imagine that rumor is not true anymore. :p

Reactions: zzuupp

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
There was a rumour it was suppose to go up to like 60k which is probably what caused people to buy it when it was already super high. I imagine that rumor is not true anymore. :p

Actually the rumor is Bank of America and another bank are going to buy into Bitcoin.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Actually the rumor is Bank of America and another bank are going to buy into Bitcoin.

Do you really think that the Bank Of America is going to invest in something regularly fluctuates in value by plus or minus 20% a week?

If so, give us some advanced warning when they do it so we can dump their stock. They obviously lost their minds.

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
Do you really think that the Bank Of America is going to invest in something regularly fluctuates in value by plus or minus 20% a week?

If so, give us some advanced warning when they do it so we can dump their stock. They obviously lost their minds.

nonono, not bank of america. actual America. we are going to buy out all bitcoins at 60,000 per coin and it will become our new currency. the dollar is dead.

Reactions: DaveSimmons

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Yeah i can't help but wonder wtf the people who bought at ATH are doing/feeling.

One of my close friends is in this boat. I casually bring it up every time we hang out, which ultimately leads to his wife laying to him lol. I think he put in ~$10k when it was valued at $15k or so.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
nonono, not bank of america. actual America. we are going to buy out all bitcoins at 60,000 per coin and it will become our new currency. the dollar is dead.

Mr. Bill Gates of Microsoft will pay you $80,000 cash monies for every bitcoin you send to this wallet address: 178.294.32.108. Please forward this message to all of your friends.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Mr. Bill Gates of Microsoft will pay you $80,000 cash monies for every bitcoin you send to this wallet address: 178.294.32.108. Please forward this message to all of your friends.

The people more apt to believe this are the same people buying Bitcoin at all time highs.

Reactions: zzuupp