Woman fired for posting racist rant hoping for assassination of POTUS

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
A lot of people do not understand that if you made a threat comment to the US President, his Cabinet members, a member of Congress, etc., it is a Federal offense crime. 1st Amendment right would not be applicable.

here is the quote. show me the threat against the POTUS.

And another 4 years of the (n-----). Maybe he will get assassinated this term..!!"

yes she is a racist bitch but i dont see where she made a threat. she posted a wish, a want a desire but she did not make a direct threat.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
In the real world these 2 things are the same.

Ironic that you would make such a statement and then have a sig that says "Partisanship is the most retarded aspect of politics because it forces you to leave your brain at the door."

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
So what's wrong with racism?

Evolution has ingrained in every single living creature over 4 billion years to be more comfortable with their own kind. The acts of racism is horrible to our eyes (but normal in the animal kingdom), but racism itself is genetic.

<--- Not a republican.

:rolleyes:

Yes, I always see the whites horses not wanting to hang-out with the black and brown horses.

When I go to the dog park tonight, I bet I'm going to see the yellow labs shun the black and chocolate labs.

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
:rolleyes:

Yes, I always see the whites horses not wanting to hang-out with the black and brown horses.

When I go to the dog park tonight, I bet I'm going to see the yellow labs shun the black and chocolate labs.

All yur doin is showin off the lack off college education ya have.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Here's the takeawy from this thread.

A woman posted a racist post on Facebook and a bunch of Republicans have spent half the day supporting her.

Is it any wonder the Republicans can't get black, or hispanic or asian, or any minority to vote for them?

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Presidents have been assassinated before so talking about such things in terms of hoping for it is stupid.

Even the movie which speculated on a world in which someone assassinated George W. Bush unsettled me. And I think the majority of his policies were harmful to the U.S.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Here's the takeawy from this thread.

A woman posted a racist post on Facebook and a bunch of Republicans have spent half the day supporting her.

Is it any wonder the Republicans can't get black, or hispanic or asian, or any minority to vote for them?

No body is supporting her. But she can not be fired for such a remark onless it occurred at work . But I doubt that . The firing was a ticket to a free ride for this racist.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
lol illegal? you guys are fucking nuts. She said maybe he gets assignated not that she was going to do it.

as for getting fired? well NO FUCKING SHIT. i wouldn't want her working for me saying that shit either.

lol only teh GOP is racist? hahaha idiots.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
No body is supporting her. But she can not be fired for such a remark onless it occurred at work . But I doubt that . The firing was a ticket to a free ride for this racist.

yeah..yeah she can.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000

What country do you live in? You can certainly be fired for what you do outside of work.

Employee protection under the law is limited. I can refuse to hire someone because the are a Republican. I can't refuse to hire them because they are black. I can fire them if they go around saying I make bad products. I can fire them if they say they are a communist. Freedom of speech only protects you from the government not from employers.

As long as she is not being fired for her race, religion, etc she has no protections.

Firing an employee because they brought unwanted public attention to your company is 100 ok.

jayzds

Nov 21, 2006
lol illegal? you guys are fucking nuts. She said maybe he gets assignated not that she was going to do it.

as for getting fired? well NO FUCKING SHIT. i wouldn't want her working for me saying that shit either.

lol only teh GOP is racist? hahaha idiots.

I am a Republican and I do not agree with her. She is an idiot and should be fired and no most do not support her.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I didn't know that every single Conservative was "stupid":confused:

Who cares about the girl, she is a minimum wage worker who was ranting about obama, nothing to worry about

after viewing some of your post....

Last edited:

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

there have been plenty of people fired for posting stupid shit on the internet, would you like to try it?

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
I told you I would get a voter fraud I did . Its in paper Rochester post bullet on the 7th . It was the fat pig council woman we voted in to give her self esteem . It went badly . She tried to bring us down to her level . She and her ex went to vote , They tried to stop him from voting as he not registered voter . She said he was and living with him . So they allowed vote . I filed charges the next day . We all know he is not a resident. Both should be charged with voter fraud and thats a felony and loss of her SS. I hope others lie for her . We need a good cleaning

mchammer187

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2000
I told you I would get a voter fraud I did . Its in paper Rochester post bullet on the 7th . It was the fat pig council woman we voted in to give her self esteem . It went badly . She tried to bring us down to her level . She and her ex went to vote , They tried to stop him from voting as he not registered voter . She said he was and living with him . So they allowed vote . I filed charges the next day . We all know he is not a resident. Both should be charged with voter fraud and thats a felony and loss of her SS. I hope others lie for her . We need a good cleaning

WTH are you even talking about?

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000

WTH are you even talking about?

I think he is having mental issues and feel sorry for him.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012

I'm sorry, but who told you that you couldn't be fired for your conduct outside of work?

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
OP she wasn't hoping he gets assassinated, she said he might get assassinated. At least change the title

The "hope" was implied,dear. Do you know what that means? She doesn't have to say "I hope he gets assassinated", the nature of her statement implied that she was hoping or looking forward to his assassination.

Last edited:

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
I'm sorry, but who told you that you couldn't be fired for your conduct outside of work?

True, any 'right to work' state you can basically be fired for anything or nothing at all. If you say something that gets publicized outside of work that negatively impacts the image of the company, that's a damn fine reason to get canned imho.