Woman body shamed at Myrtle Beach

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
picky picky, I don't have man boobs, but I got nipples :D

I do not either, but regardless men walk around the beach without a shirt wether or not they look like they should show off what they got. For men, bobs, belly or even massive hair (especially on the back) do not impact them being shirtless. Body shaming is not in the mix for them.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Using the police to enforce your own body image hangups isn't shaming others? I see it as body shaming. How dare she dress offensively to another patron, at the beach.

edit: It seems she was released on the condition she left the beach

And how do you know that's what happened?

All we have is a Facebook post which doesn't even clarify if she knew who complained.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
And how do you know that's what happened?

All we have is a Facebook post which doesn't even clarify if she knew who complained.

There IS a 20 minute video to watch.

Do you disagree that the event includes body shaming?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I do not either, but regardless men walk around the beach without a shirt wether or not they look like they should show off what they got. For men, bobs, belly or even massive hair (especially on the back) do not impact them being shirtless. Body shaming is not in the mix for them.
Yes, I agree, and I would be welcome to that changing. IMO, as I stated earlier, I would be totally cool with tops being 100% optional at all US beaches. Obviously, this wouldn't apply to private beaches.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
There IS a 20 minute video to watch.

Do you disagree that the event includes body shaming?

It's fair that I haven't watched the whole video. Can't watch it now, so you'll have to wait. When I went back to look at the article, it does state she "fires back at the woman who complained". I haven't seen that part and apologize for missing that there was something more of relevance.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
It's fair that I haven't watched the whole video. Can't watch it now, so you'll have to wait. When I went back to look at the article, it does state she "fires back at the woman who complained". I haven't seen that part and apologize for missing that there was something more of relevance.

That's fair. Even without watching the video, you can tell I have a problem with how the average U.S. citizen approaches body issues, as in why there's even an "issue" to approach. And it's everywhere, even up in my libtard utopia of MA. These types of things get under my skin.

Reactions: dank69

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Bikini police - protecting hoohas on the beach.

I believe they cuffed her because she was "resisting".

I thought it was funny when the friends started pointing out all of the female asses hanging out on that beach. And don't forget the men's packages displayed in the speedos.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Cops were reading the law and it sounds like the girl was complying.

Not nude
No exposed breast (top covered tht)
No vagina
No anus
Thong covered all of that

The guy had a point there was probably lots of butt cheek on the beach they would have to arrest. Sounds like laws need a rewrite

Reactions: dank69

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I'm assuming that the phrase "OI copper ain't you got no proper criminals to catch? I guess all the murders and robberies are solved?" is not a thing in the US then?

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
That's fair. Even without watching the video, you can tell I have a problem with how the average U.S. citizen approaches body issues, as in why there's even an "issue" to approach. And it's everywhere, even up in my libtard utopia of MA. These types of things get under my skin.

Well there are definitely issues worthy of discussion in our society.

In this case, I had to skip around a little due to time but still I couldn't find anything in the video about firing back at someone in particular. I think looking at it, it was just referencing the Facebook post. So it doesn't really clarify things. It's pretty clear in the video that the other woman with them has her areolas and nipples easily visible. I personally wouldn't care if I were at the beach, but I certainly could see a family feeling otherwise.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Well there are definitely issues worthy of discussion in our society.

In this case, I had to skip around a little due to time but still I couldn't find anything in the video about firing back at someone in particular. I think looking at it, it was just referencing the Facebook post. So it doesn't really clarify things. It's pretty clear in the video that the other woman with them has her areolas and nipples easily visible. I personally wouldn't care if I were at the beach, but I certainly could see a family feeling otherwise.

Like you said, we dont know it was a family. The closest we come to knowing who is the Facebook post from the shaming victim. Who indicates she did know who it was because of how she presented the post acknowledging a teenage daughter was seeing what was going on.

We as a society love to body shame women, and women are some of the worst offenders also.

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
seriously. it is a vile and wretched place.

I've never been, so my second hand information from friends who have indicates this as well. I don't wanna assume anything but it's what I've heard. Lol, kinda makes this even more out there. Like who at the vile place of Myrtle would even care?

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
as if being seen on Myrtle Beach isn't the deepest form of shame already.
Seriously, I've seen people dressed in more revealing shit walking down the street in Savannah. Someone needs to get a grip and not call the cops because they're offended.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Like you said, we dont know it was a family. The closest we come to knowing who is the Facebook post from the shaming victim. Who indicates she did know who it was because of how she presented the post acknowledging a teenage daughter was seeing what was going on.

We as a society love to body shame women, and women are some of the worst offenders also.

Women are actually the main offenders. Not many men are going to complain about a woman in a thong at a beach. The fact that they're not going to complain is why their wives are complaining.

Karen: Bob, why do you keep looking at that woman's ass?
Bob: Because it's a moral outrage that she would dress that way!
Karen: [dials 911]

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Seriously, I've seen people dressed in more revealing shit walking down the street in Savannah. Someone needs to get a grip and not call the cops because they're offended.

Because these kinds of laws are only enforced when people complain. It isn't really a cop issue. It's more of a Karen issue.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
It's a law issue too, who do you think came up with the laws to begin with? Some fuckin' Karen.

No, Karens didn't write the laws, because they date back to the 19th century and before. Female modesty laws here and elsewhere are meant to protect a man's "property" (i.e. wives and girlfriends) from male competition. But in today's culture, it's mainly the women who are interested in enforcing them.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
No, Karens didn't write the laws, because they date back to the 19th century and before. Female modesty laws here and elsewhere are meant to protect a man's "property" (i.e. wives and girlfriends) from male competition. But in today's culture, it's mainly the women who are interested in enforcing them.
Nooooo say it ain`t true......

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Really? I thought most modesty laws were generated as a result of religious nutters with protestant ideas regarding what a woman should and shouldn't show in public. Basically barbarian Karens.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Really? I thought most modesty laws were generated as a result of religious nutters with protestant ideas regarding what a woman should and shouldn't show in public. Basically barbarian Karens.

Sure, religion was the ostensible rationale for such laws. Just like the burkha wearing laws in some Muslim countries.

Don't you wonder why all these religions have strict female modesty restrictions but not so strict male modesty restrictions?

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Sure, religion was the ostensible rationale for such laws. Just like the burkha wearing laws in some Muslim countries.

Don't you wonder why all these religions have strict female modesty restrictions but not so strict male modesty restrictions?
I never imagined the protection of man's property to be it, moreso just the insistence that men control what women do. You're probably right though, Beta males gonna Beta.