Woman body shamed at Myrtle Beach

Feb 4, 2009
Hmm, no pointy elbows but far too much ink found.
Seems rather extreme to cuff someone for a clothing violation. I do wonder what happened before the recording starts in all these videos. I highly doubt those two guys said hey let’s go arrest someone today for wearing a bikini that is too small and all the various follow up that comes with that decision but maybe I’m wrong.
I’m torn on these thing, certainly dress requirements are appropriate most of the time and it is human nature to push bounds. Fine is probably more appropriate but since it’s the beach I’m sure nearly everyone is going to say I don’t have an ID but my name is Hugh Jassole or Ineeda Cox.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Seems rather extreme to cuff someone for a clothing violation. I do wonder what happened before the recording starts in all these videos. I highly doubt those two guys said hey let’s go arrest someone today for wearing a bikini that is too small and all the various follow up that comes with that decision but maybe I’m wrong.
I’m torn on these thing, certainly dress requirements are appropriate most of the time and it is human nature to push bounds. Fine is probably more appropriate but since it’s the beach I’m sure nearly everyone is going to say I don’t have an ID but my name is Hugh Jassole or Ineeda Cox.

can I call the police on an obese person who is wearing a bikini?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I thought your name was Cleo Torres.

Arrest is going overboard. Although I need a picture of the friend with the see through top before I can pass judgement. :p

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I thought your name was Cleo Torres.

Arrest is going overboard. Although I need a picture of the friend with the see through top before I can pass judgement. :p

watch the video.

the girl that was cuffed was "detained" because that's how police behave. neither should have been approached IMO, our country has a big problem with body hangups.

Reactions: DarthKyrie
Feb 4, 2009
can I call the police on an obese person who is wearing a bikini?

Yeah I skipped that part.
Dress codes are tough because they a mostly perception based because all body types are different.
Per what is written you probably could call the police on an obese person because too much ass is showing because they have more ass to cover.

Feb 4, 2009
watch the video.

the girl that was cuffed was "detained" because that's how police behave. neither should have been approached IMO, our country has a big problem with body hangups.

I did watch part of it, not the full 20 minutes.
Not saying arresting someone for a bathing suit offense is right. Just saying I’m interested in what happened before the arrest. Were they/she asked to leave or cover up? Did she cover up and undress immediately after the police guys left, is this the police guys 4th visit to them? Did they leave and then return? Did they straight up say “I’m a sovereign citizen and I don’t need to follow your rules” or was this everything that happened?

Reactions: Thunder 57

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I did watch part of it, not the full 20 minutes.
Not saying arresting someone for a bathing suit offense is right. Just saying I’m interested in what happened before the arrest. Were they/she asked to leave or cover up? Did she cover up and undress immediately after the police guys left, is this the police guys 4th visit to them? Did they leave and then return? Did they straight up say “I’m a sovereign citizen and I don’t need to follow your rules” or was this everything that happened?

I understand the questions you have, but I don't get there because calling the police on someone because of their dress is foolish. American's have serious hangups about body image, and it oozes from cultures heavily influenced by religious conservative thought patterns.

Drunk and disorderly? call 'em. A girls thong offends you? well, too bad Karen.

I would like to see all beaches topless, no matter what. Breasts are breasts, 50% of the population has them, get used to it. Don't like it? don't look.

Feb 4, 2009
this is why all beaches should be clothing optional.:smilingimp:

25+ years ago I went out with a girl who liked nude beaches, she said fully nude beaches were very comfortable because no creepy people were there. Basically it was if you stare at my junk, I’m going to stare at your junk. She described it as very empowering.
I didn’t have the confidence to go with her ever.
Yes she she was a crazy and attractive mess. Crazy part made her unattractive over time.

Feb 4, 2009
I understand the questions you have, but I don't get there because calling the police on someone because of their dress is foolish. American's have serious hangups about body image, and it oozes from cultures heavily influenced by religious conservative thought patterns.

Drunk and disorderly? call 'em. A girls thong offends you? well, too bad Karen.

I would like to see all beaches topless, no matter what. Breasts are breasts, 50% of the population has them, get used to it. Don't like it? don't look.

Oh yeah, Karen’s gotta Karen.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Oh yeah, Karen’s gotta Karen.

Yea, but you will run into this all over the place in different situations. Body shaming girls easily turns into victim blaming. Unfortunately, it's our sexually repressed culture that facilitates shame of how one looks. Whether it's obese or fit, women can be shamed regardless.

Feb 4, 2009
Yea, but you will run into this all over the place in different situations. Body shaming girls easily turns into victim blaming. Unfortunately, it's our sexually repressed culture that facilitates shame of how one looks. Whether it's obese or fit, women can be shamed regardless.

Haha I got a funny speaking to by my vet who is in good shape.
We have one tiny cat and she is a piggy. She eat and eats and eats and eats until she spits up. I started to limit how much food was in the bowl and I felt bad for my older cat who keeps an appropriate weight by grazing all day. He doesn’t over eat.
Vet said just leave the full bowl out her (the small cats) weight was a pretty normal 9 1/2 pounds.
I said that’s a normal weight but look at how small my little piggy is, when she runs her belly wiggles. I don’t want her so fat her belly rests on the floor.
The Dr says “don’t shame her, women have lots of trouble maintaining weight”

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Is this really about body shaming? Unless you are in the camp of supporting full nudism all the time (barring safety concerns), how can there not be some ill-defined zone between inappropriately sexual and healthy relaxation of prudish hangups?

The authoritarian enforcement of those boundaries is quite another matter, although the story is lacking in detail of how things ended up with her detainment.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Haha I got a funny speaking to by my vet who is in good shape.
We have one tiny cat and she is a piggy. She eat and eats and eats and eats until she spits up. I started to limit how much food was in the bowl and I felt bad for my older cat who keeps an appropriate weight by grazing all day. He doesn’t over eat.
Vet said just leave the full bowl out her (the small cats) weight was a pretty normal 9 1/2 pounds.
I said that’s a normal weight but look at how small my little piggy is, when she runs her belly wiggles. I don’t want her so fat her belly rests on the floor.
The Dr says “don’t shame her, women have lots of trouble maintaining weight”

I have a cat who eats like that, but she also started losing weight. Turns out she has a hyper active thyroid

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Is this really about body shaming? Unless you are in the camp of supporting full nudism all the time (barring safety concerns), how can there not be some ill-defined zone between inappropriately sexual and healthy relaxation of prudish hangups?

The authoritarian enforcement of those boundaries is quite another matter, although the story is lacking in detail of how things ended up with her detainment.

Using the police to enforce your own body image hangups isn't shaming others? I see it as body shaming. How dare she dress offensively to another patron, at the beach.

edit: It seems she was released on the condition she left the beach

Last edited:

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Girl was mouthy AF. Lucky she was white.

May not like it, but the ordinance is the ordinance. Police are law enforcement, not creation.
If they don't like it, start a movement to get the law changed.
Until then, use some sense. The community has decided they don't want asses and nipples hanging out, as disappointing as it is in this case. Comply or find a private beach.