Question Windows 11 installation without Microsoft account

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
Is there a working method as of today (Nov 12, 2022)? I have tried disconnecting from the Internet during the setup but I can't seem to move past the account setup screen.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
I just set one up yesterday, it was click sign in options and then there was an option after that to use offline account?

i did not have to enter in an email address of any sort, system was connected to internet as well.

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Get Rufus 3.20

Rufus 3.19
Add a new selection dialog for Windows 11 setup customization:
  • Secure Boot and TPM bypass have now been moved to this dialog
  • Also allows to bypass the mandatory requirement for a Microsoft account with Windows 11 22H2
  • (NB: Network MUST be temporarily disabled or unplugged for the local account creation to be proposed)
  • Also add an option to skip all collection questions (Sets all answers to "Don't allow")
  • Also add an option for setting internal drives offline with Windows To Go
  • Note: These customization options are only proposed when using a Windows 11 image.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
Might try disabling the network adapter altogether in BIOS, if available. Setup might check for network adapter and if present then will lock you into using it, but if not present may let you proceed?

Last edited:
Reactions: igor_kavinski

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Well, I tried the Rufus USB and it (Home edition) didn't work.

Home edition had to use SHIFT+F10 to execute command OOBE\BYPASSNRO to continue

Pro installation works however, just choose domain join but don't need to provide info.

Last edited:

jwhorfin

Aug 13, 2005
Fired up a new Dell laptop today with Win 11 Home.
Got this from a few sites out there...
At the " Let's connect you to a Network screen " press Shift+F10 to open a Command Prompt.
Enter taskmgr and press Enter
Click the More details button to display the full Task Manager
Under processes find Network Connection Flow process.
Highlight it and click end task, close task manager and Command Prompt windows.
You should now be looking at the " Who's going to use this device " window, the local account window.
I entered name, no password, no information, worked like a charm!

ASK THE COMMUNITY