Wild Terra Online 2: New lands. Indie Game in Development That I would like to share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rootstereo

Jan 23, 2020
6ZfyDkA.png

Wild Terra 2: New Lands.

Hello friends! My name is Javi and I'm part of Juvty World. A group of indie-game developers, I'm making this post to share our lastest game made by Unity. The game is actually in alpha stage of development and I'd like to share this great game we are developing and let that more people know about it, in case someone like this kind of game (as i do) and want to help us grow and give it a try. You may find it interesting, the game has a lot of nice features to show up on his early stage of development and is being updated every week. It has good graphics, change of day and night, seasons, weather and much more.

The project is gaining more and more audience and our players think we are in the right way.

Some features:

*The game has change of seasons and weather. Calculation of the position of the sun and moon, lunar cycle. Clear weather, cloudy, fog, rain, snow, and storm with thunderstorms. The wind and movement of the characters affect the grass.
*Biome system. A special system for placing and rendering surfaces, large and small objects of vegetation, resources and any other environmental elements. Rivers, seas, lakes, swamps. Advanced water shaders.
*Variety of animals. Monsters, and bosses. Artificial Intelligence. Peaceful, neutral and aggressive behaviors. Mounted animals and pets.
*Combat system. with melee and ranged attacks, defense. Combat skills.
*Deep system of craft and building. Mining, construction, husbandry, cooking, fishing, smithing and other skills. Possibility of building houses, campfires, a lof of structures for process material and crafting.
*Character states. An expanded system of fatigue, hunger, and satiety with different types of food.
*System of quests with lines. Basic tutorial.

We recently add fishing, blacksmithing and house building system.

EPNas3y.jpg

bOV3xPV.png

Character customization and changes over time.
Change hairstyles, grow a beard and do not overdo it with food, otherwise, you may not fit into your brand new armor.

3YZw4Zy.jpg

Raids and sieges.
Join groups and create clans. You are waiting for the siege of medieval castles, hunting for huge bosses and adventures in dungeons.

O4sLpwf.jpg

hrgcYMi.jpg

41T2pL7.jpg

The game is available on Steam. And there is and older version more completed and totally Free to play with a hudge base of players, translated in more than 15 languages.

Wild Terra Online

BskcrEt.jpg

bUfVmRw.jpg

cvtLuDS.jpg

6Fsu0NK.jpg

LwIzQtY.jpg

Hopes you like it and give it a try ^^
Thanks so much for reading.

This forum does not allow self promotion of any kind without permission from Administration or the Moderating Staff.
Thread has been Locked and Closed until further notice.

PC Gaming Moderator Aigo

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 4, 2009
OP good work on identifying your role in this game. Many pretend not to be invoked in game development. Seriously I respect this.
Regarding free to play, every free to play game I try ends up having the same problem(s)
Zero support, zero content
Horrendous grind nearing impossible or walled off items or content
Just clunky and not worth any money

I totally understand you expect to get paid, I totally understand if someone creates something that is good they deserve payment.
I don’t want to subscribe to a game like this, I’d prefer a one time reasonable charge

Where does this game regarding the above?

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
As a gamer, i would strongly, strongly urge you to not go F2P.

Your game has combat. As you have crafting and survival, i will assume that it's a resource-gathering PvP survival game and raiding other players is a main aspect of the game - i could be wrong, but regardless of this, the important thing is that:

the Unity engine is super-easy to hack.

expect to be flooded with hackers the minute your game becomes vaguely successful. Players HATE hackers and a few hackers can kill a game's population in a few days.
Being a hacker and being simply able to re-register for a new account afetr a ban is too easy; if they have to pay $20 every time, it has *some* effect in reducing hacking in your game.

Also, while the next part is debatable, i believe that players who get a game for free feel a lot more entitled in-game. If you ahve paid to be in a game, you care more, and are less lickely to be a complete douche to others.

Just my own experiences, YMMV

Reactions: rootstereo

rootstereo

Jan 23, 2020
As a gamer, i would strongly, strongly urge you to not go F2P.

Your game has combat. As you have crafting and survival, i will assume that it's a resource-gathering PvP survival game and raiding other players is a main aspect of the game - i could be wrong, but regardless of this, the important thing is that:

the Unity engine is super-easy to hack.

expect to be flooded with hackers the minute your game becomes vaguely successful. Players HATE hackers and a few hackers can kill a game's population in a few days.
Being a hacker and being simply able to re-register for a new account afetr a ban is too easy; if they have to pay $20 every time, it has *some* effect in reducing hacking in your game.

Also, while the next part is debatable, i believe that players who get a game for free feel a lot more entitled in-game. If you ahve paid to be in a game, you care more, and are less lickely to be a complete douche to others.

Just my own experiences, YMMV

I agree with you about hackers since we had some incidents with our first version, but nothing that could not be controlled. Besides, Wild Terra 2 is created by very small team, fans of sandbox games. Without investors and publishers. We will make WT2 exactly as we and the community wish. However, this approach has another side - we are very limited in funds for development. That is why we need your support. Many thanks to everyone who has already supported us!

It would be nice if join to us on discord to keep the track on the lastest updates of our games, chat with devs or other playes and give us your suggestion or ideas.

This forum does not allow self promotion of anykind without permission from Administration or the Moderating Staff.
Links have been removed.

PC Gaming Moderator Aigo

Last edited by a moderator:

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
My advice is to rely on Sheriffs - trusted, proven community members who can spot a hacker in-game, and can administer 24h temporary bans. Then you have the admin staff review the ban and decide if you permaban, or if you lift the ban (and review the sheriff's performance, as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.