Why is conservative talk radio so popular?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Just as an example of NPR local being very biased to the left...

Today, during one of those damn annoying pledge drives even, the host was basically saying that the republicans were trying to get Obama assassinated by using code words like "community organizer" which means, "oh me oh my I can't say the word, we'll just say black person". How he feared for Obama's life, etc.

Hence why I never give a single cent to NPR.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: alchemize
Just as an example of NPR local being very biased to the left...

Today, during one of those damn annoying pledge drives even, the host was basically saying that the republicans were trying to get Obama assassinated by using code words like "community organizer" which means, "oh me oh my I can't say the word, we'll just say black person". How he feared for Obama's life, etc.

Hence why I never give a single cent to NPR.

That is a local affiliate person speaking, not from NPR, I would wager, and you should be telling your station about your reaction if you haven't. I would also write to NPR and identify that person. I think independent stations also can purchase NPR programming which doesn't make them NPR.

g8wayrebel

Nov 15, 2004
LOL , did you really bring the NY Times into this discussion? And a Professor too??
Can you find anything resembling an unbiased truth to use for an example please?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: g8wayrebel
LOL , did you really bring the NY Times into this discussion? And a Professor too??
Can you find anything resembling an unbiased truth to use for an example please?

Should we quote straight off Limbaugh's website for your benefit? Ah, let the whole world bask in the wingnuts' devotion to unbiased truth!

:roll:

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: alchemize
Originally posted by: shrumpage
Originally posted by: Vic
I didn't even know there was progressive talk radio (besides NPR of course). I thought Air America went off the air?

:eek:

I wouldn't count NPR as progressive talk. Stations do vary in content depending on local shows and the station managers - most of the network wide stuff is just news. Not much in the way of political opinion pieces. At least no hosts I have heard along the lines of bill or rush.
My local NPR is very left leaning.

National NPR is populated by left leaning reporters, editors and writers who let it slip through on occassion obviously, and less obviously by the stories they decide are news. But I would consider it far from the fox news level of bias.

diane rhem is ridiculously biased. you can pretty much see most the npr staff wearing obama shirts from what their programs have been like during this election. and from the guests and questions/leading commentary direction of other shows on npr it is very clear it is heavily biased to the left. they just couldn't help themselves at this point.