Why do you support President Bush?

Ultima

Platinum Member
Oct 16, 1999
For those of you who support Bush and want to see him reelected in 2004.. tell me WHY do you support him? What has he specifically done or not done that has given you cause to support him?

busmaster11

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Ultima
For those of you who support Bush and want to see him reelected in 2004.. tell me WHY do you support him? What has he specifically done or not done that has given you cause to support him?

If I were to support bush, it would be because I believe it is the patriotic thing to do - to follow like sheep. That it is unAmerican to question why we act unilaterally, to insist that all other nations must bow before us or face our military prowess, that in order to be prideful we must insist on stepping on the sovereignty of all those who are not us.

Thats _if_, I supported bush.
rolleye.gif

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Because we are winning the war on terror, the economy is doing great, and he is just taking better care of the country.

Oct 16, 1999
Because I value conservative ideals: smaller government, less intrusion of it in people's everyday lives, responsible government spending, personal responsibility & freedom, and adherence to the constituion.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Gonad the Barbarian
Because I value conservative ideals: smaller government, less intrusion of it in people's everyday lives, responsible government spending, personal responsibility & freedom, and adherence to the constituion.
In all seriousness, what do those things have to do with Bush (or are you being sarcastic)?

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
he has restored diginity to the white house.

he is addressing our security needs in a farsighted manner that may yet transform the middle east...much as Pres. Reagan's approach transformed (broke the back of) communism, freeing literally millions of people from communist domination and enslavement.

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: heartsurgeon

How do you know he's not getting a nooky on the side or under the desk? He just hasn't gotten caught.

Because he is a regular church going fella.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti

How do you know he's not getting a nooky on the side or under the desk? He just hasn't gotten caught.

As was Bill.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002

Because Laura Bush already ran over one person with her car and he knows he would be next??

Her late adolescent years were marred by a tragedy that was not highly publicized until her husband's presidential run. When she was 17, Laura accidentally drove through a stop sign and hit a car driven by a high school friend. He was killed. No charges were filed in the accident.
http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/people/shows/bush/profile.html

edit I guess the person killed in the other car was her boyfriend too... strange twist...
On Nov. 6, 1963, then-17 year-old Laura Welch was driving with a friend on a Midland, Texas highway. In a cruel twist of fate, her high school boyfriend Michael Douglas, a popular football star, had just entered one of the town's most dangerous intersections driving another vehichle, when Laura's car slammed into it.
From the source every Republican trusts
http://www.newsmax.com/showinside.shtml?a=2000/2/25/82832

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: wirelessenabled
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti

Kinda like Preacher Baker?:D

Or Swaggart.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
If I were to support bush, it would be because I believe it is the patriotic thing to do - to follow like sheep.

Of course if I were to not support Bush, it would be because I believe that it is the patriotic thing to do - to follow the chinstrap crowd like sheep chanting "BUSH is teh debbil!!!!"

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: busmaster11
Originally posted by: Ultima

If I were to support bush, it would be because I believe it is the patriotic thing to do - to follow like sheep. That it is unAmerican to question why we act unilaterally, to insist that all other nations must bow before us or face our military prowess, that in order to be prideful we must insist on stepping on the sovereignty of all those who are not us.

Thats _if_, I supported bush.
rolleye.gif

but it its wholly American to hand our soverignty over to corrupt global entities so that the world population likes us? NO! as an American, I can say I dont want that to happen.

and those other nations that you say we are stepping on because they dont agree with us...have you not yet noticed a trend cocerning those nations? its not as if their leaders are exactly pro-American. nor do those leaders take any measure to hide how much they hate America and Americans [yes, thst includes all Americans, even you.]

you exaggerate far too much and used no logic or common sense when you typed out your post.

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Genesys

but it its wholly American to hand our soverignty over to corrupt global entities so that the world population likes us? NO! as an American, I can say I dont want that to happen.

and those other nations that you say we are stepping on because they dont agree with us...have you not yet noticed a trend cocerning those nations? its not as if their leaders are exactly pro-American. nor do those leaders take any measure to hide how much they hate America and Americans [yes, thst includes all Americans, even you.]

Note the bold, then he says:
you exaggerate far too much and used no logic or common sense when you typed out your post.

Here's to hypocrisy! :beer:

busmaster11

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2000
Originally posted by: MonstaThrilla

:D

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003

then explain why so many dems want Bush to crawl back to the UN and beg for forgiveness.
explain why we should submit our military and our will to use it as we see fit to the UN.
and point out some leaders of 'terrorist' states that havent stated their desire to harm or see harm to come to America[ns]

heres to ignorance :beer:

Mean MrMustard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2001
Originally posted by: busmaster11

:D

You gotta give the little guy credit for trying though...:)

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000

then explain why so many dems want Bush to crawl back to the UN and beg for forgiveness.
explain why we should submit our military and our will to use it as we see fit to the UN.
and point out some leaders of 'terrorist' states that havent stated their desire to harm or see harm to come to America[ns]

More exaggerations! The people who created this horrendous image of Bush crawling back to the UN are Bush supporters looking to attack those who don't agree with Bush's Iraq policy. Ditto with the miliary will crap. You only think liberals say those things to satisfy your own delusions.

And all of a sudden the nations who don't agree with us are "terrorist states"? I honestly thought you were referring to France, et al. So by your logic, since Bush declared Iraq, Iran, and North Korea to be rogue states in the Axis of Evil, do they not have the right to preemptively attack us because our leader stated his desire to see an end to them? That would suck, huh?

War is hell. There are many options other than war to satisfy our goals. Consider them once in a while.

NightCrawler

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2003
I like NeoCons and Bush is a NeoCon. I hate all the "why do they hate us" crap, cause were not trying to be popular with crazy radical islamic terrorist. We just want to spread democracy and get the oil and fat contracts for the guys that support Bush is that so wrong. Bush despite his low IQ isn't afraid to be bold and kick ass although he is spending money like a liberal.

Besides Howard Dean is such a p*ssy, all that anti-war prattle really annoys me !

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I'm certainly no Bush fan, but I've tried to understand and analyze why he appeals to many voters.

Part of it is image, that trademark bumbling folksy style. It's almost as if Homer Simpson were President. Add very good speechwriting and careful control of media exposure, we have the projection is of a reasonable, if somewhat redneck, middleclass guy who made it big. Not that any of that is true, merely that such is the perception on a gut level...

The whole taxcut deal is an excellent example of how to opt-in the public, use their own worst qualities to obtain votes and support. Whenever the disparity in cuts is closely examined, folks having any objections stfu, knowing they're as guilty as the next guy. They've been bought off, and rather cheaply, too...

The whole reaction to 9/11 is telling, as well. If anything, the Admin played it up as much as possible, fanning the flames of people's fears and insecurities, then soothing those same emotions. Nobody remembers the first part, just the part where GWB makes them feel safe.

While Dean tries to appeal to southern white males on a level of issues and ideas, GWB cuts right to raw emotions, transferring the rage of 9/11 onto the Iraqi regime, who really had nothing to do with it. Doesn't matter- GWB Kicks Butt! Hooray for America!

Frequent invocations of God and Freedom round out the presentation, with just the right amounts of death penalty advocacy and self-righteousness tossed in. For the Titans of business, GWB makes sense in a make money/ buy influence rational sort of way, for his voting base, the appeal is purely emotional... Guns, God, Gays and Greenback Giveaways- the same way he won the Governorship in Texas.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

he is addressing our security needs in a farsighted manner that may yet transform the middle east...much as Pres. Reagan's approach transformed (broke the back of) communism, freeing literally millions of people from communist domination and enslavement.

Sorry, heartsurgeon, but the Second Son of God returned divinity to the White House, not diginity. Learn to spell.

busmaster11

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2000

Despite what can be said about who backs the UN financially or militarily, a concensus among nations is significantly more legitamate than the unilateral actions by one nation. That is, unless you want to play the "might=right" card and bring us back to the dark ages.