Why do some men cross their legs like women when they sit?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
my boys like to be kept cool, and when I cross my legs like that, I smother them.

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
Ok, seriously, unless your balls just dropped, it's not rocket science to figure out how to sit with your legs crossed comfortably.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
My take on it - it's very effeminate. Further, my junk is in the way, I couldn't do it if I tried. Although I am somewhat "gifted" downstairs... In a formal situation, yes - the 'manly' ways of crossing your legs are too casual/informal - solution: don't cross 'em.

Proletariat

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
Dude everyone can do this. It just puts pressure on your balls. I don't believe anyones balls are so huge that they cant cross their legs.

KillerCharlie

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2005
I cross my legs like that sometimes now... I didn't do it before. It took me a few times to learn how to do it without hurting myself down there. Now it doesn't hurt... just sitting with my legs straight next to each other (knees touching and legs not crossed) puts a lot more pressure "down there" than crossing them at the knees.

MustangSVT

Lifer
Oct 7, 2000
cause to them it is comfortable.

and they dont give a sh1t when other ppl think about that.

FreshPrince

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2001
Originally posted by: MustangSVT
cause to them it is comfortable.

and they dont give a sh1t when other ppl think about that.

no one is saying they should care...unless they get all defensive about it...then ya, it'll be fun to make fun of them and wonder about them... :p

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Proletariat
Dude everyone can do this. It just puts pressure on your balls. I don't believe anyones balls are so huge that they cant cross their legs.

Two words:

"Epcot Center"

- M4H

UpgradeFailure

Golden Member
Feb 29, 2004
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: Proletariat

Two words:

"Epcot Center"

- M4H

You have one giant ball? :confused:

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
Since when did people get judged by how they cross their legs?
It's gay! Oh noes!

:roll:

D

Deleted member 4644

Originally posted by: Drakkon
its considered "proper" ettiquite to cross your legs that way so as not to show the bottom of your shoes to the people in the room

This is the correct answer. You people have no class.

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004
how funny, my legs are crossed as I am reading this thread. it's comfortable that way, I guess.

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004
Originally posted by: FreshPrince
1. that can't be comfortable
2. it looks awefully feminine

???

why do some men sit with their legs WIDE (I mean, WIIIIIIIIIIDDE) apart, as if their c0ck & balls are so HUGE that they just HAVE to have their legs stretched that wide apart to prevent from squashing their tackle. Look at your reflection in the mirror. You look unseemly and ridiculous.

Mrvile

Lifer
Oct 16, 2004
I used to be able to sit like that comfortably when I was like...8...but not anymore.

Buck Armstrong

Platinum Member
Dec 17, 2004
I cross my legs however I want, and if thats a problem for you, you're the homo for caring how I sit.

Howbout this: quit watching how other men cross their legs, and maybe you'd be less disturbed by your own homosexual tendencies.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
I'm 21, and i know it is "against the manly image" to do that, but for me its more comforatable. I used to sit using the "man" variant, at the ankles, but ever since i hurt my back, it's WAY more comforatable to cross my legs, dunno why, maybe it slightly twists my body in a way that's more comforatable for my back......oh well. It helps that i've got tiny balls, so it doesn't hurt at all(depends on what pants i'm wearing)

LandRover

Golden Member
Sep 30, 2000
Originally posted by: LordSegan
its considered "proper" ettiquite to cross your legs that way so as not to show the bottom of your shoes to the people in the room

So we now risk offending people with the soles of our shoes? Anyone that is easily offended by shoe soles is far more questionable than someone who crosses their legs like a girly-man. :p

FreshPrince

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2001
Originally posted by: LandRover

So we now risk offending people with the soles of our shoes? Anyone that is easily offended by shoe soles is far more questionable than someone who crosses their legs like a girly-man. :p

:p

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Rastus
My balls are too big to sit that way.

QFT. I feel like I'm crushing the life out of them when I've tried to cross my legs like that.

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000

No... We just have balls :)