Why do some men cross their legs like women when they sit?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FreshPrince, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Jeff7181

Jeff7181 Lifer

But... when you press your thighs together like that there's no room for them to go... they just get smashed between your thighs.

2. FreshPrince

FreshPrince Diamond Member

I wouldn't say gay at all...I have seen many manly guys cross their legs like that...unless they're closet gays.

anyways, I've seen every American persident also cross their legs like that when they talk to other leaders on TV. So, I'm sure it's the gentleman thing to do...but still I don't see how they do it...as it is near impossible for me to do.

3. Jeff7181

Jeff7181 Lifer

Hmmm... you're right. I guess you can tuck the beans and just forget about the frank since it doesn't hurt to smash it between your thighs. But when doing that, I find myself trying to keep my legs lifted off the chair so as to not smash the beans against the chair. Seems a lot easier to find another position to sit in.

On a somewhat related topic... ever ride in a car so low that when getting out you "roll over" your boys on the lateral support of the seat? I hate my 2000 Mirage because of that... I look like I'm handicapped when getting out of my car and trying to avoid that.

4. mugs

mugs Lifer

You make that kind of judgement about a person by the way they cross their legs?

Personally, I don't cross my legs much. If I had the choice of crossing them like a girl and not crossing them at all, I'd not cross them. Crossing them like a girl just isn't comfortable for me.

But if I happen to cross my legs perpendicularly and offend someone, so be it.

5. Proletariat

Proletariat Diamond Member

I think its comfortable when a room is very cold - as in less than 60 degrees F

6. Jeff7181

Jeff7181 Lifer

I wonder if it's a subconcious dominance/submissive thing. Dominance - crossing with the ankle on the knee with your bits and pieces in plain view (if you didn't have clothes on) to show off your manhood... or submissive - tucking them out of sight, like animals tuck their tail and run.

7. JustAnAverageGuy

JustAnAverageGuy Diamond Member

I normally sit indian style so...

8. OVERKILL

OVERKILL Platinum Member

When men cross there legs when they sit, it almost gives the appearance that they have small or non-existant genitalia.

9. 0roo0roo

0roo0roo No Lifer

do u have thunder thighs?

depends. if you have real power you can be effeminate as you want. look at the metros like beckham or rockers that wear makeup but could probably still steal your g/f;) or u can be a macho thug with really no real power.

and well women do act/look in a more childlike way to bring out protective instinct in men.

10. Jeff7181

Jeff7181 Lifer

No, I'm 6'1" and weigh 160 pounds. Do you have little concave portions on your inner thigh to store your twig and berries for crossing your legs like that?

11. db

db Diamond Member

When guys are *conscious* of the two ways, then it outs the self-image you want to project, depending on the crowd you happen to be in at the time. If you are a typical young guy hanging around the fellas, you probably want to project your manliness, which means perpendicular. IOW, insecure "I'm a man!" posturing, just like some of the comments above.
    You will find more sophisticated types crossing their legs "like a woman" either b/c they don't need to prove anything or never knew any other way.
    Also there is a third way: crossing just at the ankles--more docile than perpendicular but probably not something an image-conscious macho would do.

12. FreshPrince

I have man legs :D

13. Howard

Howard Lifer

I can do it.

14. IAteYourMother

I do it with my knees side to side... but I can't do it when they're on top of each other or side to side the other way

15. Yossarian451

Yossarian451 Senior member

Its also more prevalent in the older generations. Most of the older men I know sit like that instinctivly.

16. Siddhartha

Siddhartha Lifer

17. necine

necine Diamond Member

I cross like that... who cares.

18. DeeKnow

DeeKnow Platinum Member

You really mean Why do some women cross their legs like men when they sit?

19. TallBill

TallBill Lifer

My old boss crossed his legs. We all made fun of him. It made us feel better about ourselves.

20. Vegitto

Vegitto Diamond Member

Because they're afraid monkeys will come and steal their balls. Again :Q.

21. FreshPrince

old boss? did you guys drive him away? :D

22. clamum

clamum Lifer

I do it, I get uncomfortable staying in one position too long so I'll cross my legs or move them to a different position.

23. imported_LoKe

I keep crushing my damn nuts when I try it. I'll do it the way I've always been doing it; ankle on knee.

24. Jeff7181

Jeff7181 Lifer

I don't think anyone really cares... we just want to know how it's done without causing pain.

25. ThePresence

ThePresence Elite Member

Ditto.