Why do other states hate CA so much? (On ATOT at least)

jdoggg12

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2005
I have yet to meet someone that that lives here that brags that this state is anything more than it is. It's a state with a little bit of everything... desert, mountains, beach, etc. It has jobs from agriculture to high tech. It has 2 of the largest cities in the Nation. It has usually great weather year round. It costs a lot to live here b/c it has so much to offer. Yes there are some ridiculous laws/regulations enacted by our gov. But look at our president - we're not the only ones that make dumb voting choices.

Generalizations about the population seem so funny to me. Northern CA and Southern CA have 2 different feels to them - different mindsets, yet people don't make the distinguishment when mocking the state.

If you have a problem with CA, why? And what state are you from.

xanis

Lifer
Sep 11, 2005
I don't have a problem with CA, I just don't think it's anything special. To me it's just another state with a high cost of living and some ridiculous laws. I'm from Pennsylvania by the way, so I guess I really can't hate on other states while my own isn't too great, but that's just my two cents.

Ktulu

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2000
People usually hate those which are better than them.

Flame on :p

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
I don't hate California itself, or for it's policies, I hate the California attitude that you're better than all the other states. CA is JUST like Texas in that regard, and needs to learn some humility. CA treats the rest of the US as the US as a whole treats the rest of the world. What I don't get is why you understand that it's rude for the US to do it but don't get why it pisses others off when CA acts just as arrogant.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I have a problem with CA's legal system, It panders to those who don't work and welcomes illegal immigrants while doing things like banning guns.

The reason that most people hate California is Californians. We get it. You all love your state. I'm happy that you're happy there.

I'm equally from Mississippi and Louisiana.

ggnl

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
I don't hate California, I just like to point out that Texas is better in every single respect. :p

austin316

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2001
people hate on it because threads pop up like......

In the middle of a thread about sub zero temps, a CA poster will say its 70 degrees today in LA.

Yet then CA people bitch about home prices. You can't have everything.

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
We were hunting up in Idaho once and gave someone a ride back to thier car. Everything was good, they were nice and friendly right up until they asked us where we were from. Then it was like there was a law against talking to us.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: ggnl
I don't hate California, I just like to point out that Texas is better in every single respect. :p

See? Texas is just as bad as CA. Well, at least we know that if either ever tries to leave the Union we can count on the other to enthusiastically help put them down.

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
They have the same problem that Californians have...ignorance. As much as other people here bag on CA, people in CA bag on other states. Every state has its pros and cons.

Edit: As for your question regarding what state I'm from: I'm living in Alabama and grew up in Ohio.

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Originally posted by: austin316

In the middle of a thread about sub zero temps, a CA poster will say its 70 degrees today in LA.

We bitch about housing prices, you bitch about cold weather. Sounds fair. :)

ggnl

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
Originally posted by: Demon-Xanth

You know in Texas we have warm weather and cheap housing...

Wapp

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2003

And better traffic.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
I'd say ignorance is why people hate on CA. They judge the entire state and it's population based on their very limited knowledge of it from information they hear or read about in the news.

Rob9874

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 1999
For a good answer, listen to the song Aenima by Tool.

:music:Here in this hopeless f***ing hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any f***ing time. Any f**ing day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Cause I'm praying for rain
And I'm praying for tidal waves
I wanna see the ground give way.
I wanna watch it all go down.
Mom please flush it all away.
I wanna see it go right in and down.
I wanna watch it go right in.
Watch you flush it all away.:music:

Unheard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: Wapp

And better traffic.

And better gun policies.

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: Feldenak
They have the same problem that Californians have...ignorance. As much as other people here bag on CA, people in CA bag on other states. Every state has its pros and cons.

Edit: As for your question regarding what state I'm from: I'm living in Alabama and grew up in Ohio.
thats just an unfair and untrue opinion that many have towards people from california, that we somehow think we are above everyone else. i can tell you that it is absoluetly false, and that no one i know thinks like that. so take your southern, backwater, inbred opinion and shove it.

;):p

ggnl

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
Originally posted by: Unheard
Originally posted by: Wapp

And better traffic.

And better gun policies.

And we're not Florida.

Rob9874

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 1999
I have nothing against California itself, but more Californians. They have such a superiority complex because of where they live....they push their left-wing/welfare/environmentalist agenda...they've inflated their prices so much, and started investing in homes in Arizona (which was still cheap) until they ruined the housing market here too...most Californians are superficial materialistic egomaniacs. I don't care that you live near LA. I don't care that you make $200k. I don't care that your house cost $1M. And I don't care that you drive a Benz.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Because Californians go on and on about how great it is.

And oh yeah, the stupid laws.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Originally posted by: mugs

That is pretty much it IMO.

I know a couple transplants who go "In California this..." and "California is better than everywhere else including here because..." all the time. Give it a rest already.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Originally posted by: K1052
Originally posted by: mugs

That is pretty much it IMO.

I know a couple transplants who go "In California this..." and "California is better than everywhere else including here because..." all the time. Give it a rest already.

It never ceases to amaze me that people will move from state A to state B and do nothing but tell people how badly state B sucks and how great it is in state A. If it is so great in state A wtf are you doing in state B then?