Why California needs Proposition 8..........

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
http://vimeo.com/1978711 If you don't watch all of it, at least watch the first 8 minutes.

Frank Pastore has worked very hard to get the truth out to people. Now available online.

Others, including Miles McPherson (former San Diego Charger) and Tony Perkins (FRC.org) on www.yeson8.info

:thumbsup:

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Gay Marriage is legal in MA and it hasn't even been a blip on the social radar.

microbial

Oct 10, 2008
First 8 minutes: this guy made less logical sense than Sarah Palin and Joe the Plumber put together...

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: microbial
First 8 minutes: this guy made less logical sense than Sarah Palin and Joe the Plumber put together...
It seems these Fund A Mental Cases are afraid they'll be enticed to delve into man love.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

Yeah, I don't get it at all. How in the hell does legalizing gay marriage increase children born out of wedlock?

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: redgtxdi

Topic Title: Why California needs Proposition 8..........
Topic Summary: ............yes, as in vote "YES" on 8.................

Thanks for the bigotry. Please FOAD! :thumbsdown: :|

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
We've discussed this POS proposition before...but, just like the earlier thread...I'm still not sure how I'll vote on it. (but I'm leaning toward NO...in fact, at this point, I'm leaning toward NO on ALL the propositions)

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Harvey

Isn't Obama against gay marriage?

bsobel

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Dec 9, 2001
http://vimeo.com/1978711 If you don't watch all of it, at least watch the first 8 minutes.

Frank Pastore has worked very hard to get the truth out to people. Now available online.

Others, including Miles McPherson (former San Diego Charger) and Tony Perkins (FRC.org) on www.yeson8.info

:thumbsup:

I still don't see how letting any of my gay friends marry their partners changes my marriage to my wife. Im voting Hell No on 8.

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: bamacre

Actually, I was just gonna offer up the "thanks" to Harvey for his well researched, time-involved, educated, well versed and intelligent argument against it.

;)

Seriously, folks. If you don't get the first 8 minutes, then it's just like watching one of the latest debates. You could hold up a green colored swatch and one candidate would call it blue and the other red.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

One of the many things I differ with him about. But then I don't have to cater to the ignoramuses he and McCain do to get elected.

ohnoes

Oct 11, 2007
I'm voting no. The dumb yes commercials didn't help it's cause either. Negativity is so last year.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

One of the many things I differ with him about. But then I don't have to cater to the ignoramuses he and McCain do to get elected.

It sure would be a nice change if we were offered a candidate with courage. Or is that too much to hope for?

bsobel

Dec 9, 2001
Seriously, folks. If you don't get the first 8 minutes, then it's just like watching one of the latest debates.

Seriously, if you listened to that and took his numbers at face value, shame on you. He never explained why a 2% marriage rate among gays equated to a 40%+ increase in unwed mothers. There is zero evidence those trends are related other than the fact that the pill and the gay rights movement started in the late 60s/70s.

Hint, he's tying together unrelated trends to make his point. Your foolish for not asking why.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Proposition 8 is an initiative measure on the 2008 California General Election ballot titled Eliminates Right of Same-Sex Couples to Marry.[1][2] If passed, the proposition would "change the California Constitution to eliminate the right of same-sex couples to marry in California."[3] A new section would be added stating "only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California."[4]
Link

Passing prop 8 isn't gonna make your son or daughter any less gay. I voted No.

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: bsobel
Seriously, folks. If you don't get the first 8 minutes, then it's just like watching one of the latest debates.

Seriously, if you listened to that and took his numbers at face value, shame on you. He never explained why a 2% marriage rate among gays equated to a 40%+ increase in unwed mothers.

Correct. He only said that they *did*!! (And to be more specific he said, "...in those 9 countries where gay marriage was legalized".)

The burden of proof is on you to prove otherwise. If you can.......then you can lead the No on 8 initiative proving how someone such as Frank Pastore is posting false statistics. (Or I believe politically they're called "skewed" statistics)

And like I say with anyone giving statistics. If even half of those #'s are true. Does that still make it OK for me?? (quick answer = no. I alread have 2 kids growing up in this state and have seen some of the evidence for this already)

Just because you want something to be without consequence, doesn't mean that it is.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Actually, I was just gonna offer up the "thanks" to Harvey for his well researched, time-involved, educated, well versed and intelligent argument against it.

How "well researched" do you think your bigotry is? I've got 67 years of research that proves conclusively that you're full of shit.

1. I've been a professional musician and on stage performer which means I have decades worth of friends in the entertainment business.

2. I design audio electronic products and systems for high end professional recording and sound reinforcement applications.

3. I live and work in L.A.

I'm straight, but my work in a major entertainment center puts me around gay people all the time. I know them as individual human beings, as different from each other as all of the members of this forum. Some are good, honest, highly accomplished creative people. Some are low down scum of the earth liars and crooks.

And some of them have been lucky enough to find a single love of their lives and want nothing more than the same rights as hetero married couples, including some serious legal rights.

I've been fortunate enough to know some of the brighter, more accomplished people who happen to be gay. I don't know jack shit about you, but I'd be willing to bet that, no matter how much you think you've done in this world, I know plenty of gay people who have accomplished more than a pissant bigot like you will ever do. The world knows of their achievements. They just don't know all of them are gay.

Who the fuck is a bigoted jackass like you to piss on all of their lives? There is NO excuse for it. FUCK ALL BIGOTS! :thumbsdown: :|

bsobel

Dec 9, 2001
The burden of proof is on you to prove otherwise.

Actually it's not. The burden is on the person making the claim. See, I can say that 100% of your posts for fully of hatred for others. It would be up to me to prove that, not you to prove me wrong. Same point here.

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
The burden of proof is on you to prove otherwise.

Actually it's not. The burden is on the person making the claim. See, I can say that 100% of your posts for fully of hatred for others. It would be up to me to prove that, not you to prove me wrong. Same point here.

Let me re-word that for you then..... Burden of "disproof". (of his stats).

Yours needs proving themselves, actually. (and by your own words, no?)

You need to make the connection that Frank's stats have....."zero" correlation.

BigDH01

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2005

Seriously, if you listened to that and took his numbers at face value, shame on you. He never explained why a 2% marriage rate among gays equated to a 40%+ increase in unwed mothers.

Correct. He only said that they *did*!! (And to be more specific he said, "...in those 9 countries where gay marriage was legalized".)

The burden of proof is on you to prove otherwise. If you can.......then you can lead the No on 8 initiative proving how someone such as Frank Pastore is posting false statistics. (Or I believe politically they're called "skewed" statistics)

And like I say with anyone giving statistics. If even half of those #'s are true. Does that still make it OK for me?? (quick answer = no. I alread have 2 kids growing up in this state and have seen some of the evidence for this already)

Just because you want something to be without consequence, doesn't mean that it is.

No, the burden of proof is on the claimant. To think or act otherwise would be ridiculous.

Think about it like this... God doesn't exist. Because I made the claim it is up to you to prove otherwise or I'm right. This is your line of thinking, correct? Do you think the burden falls to you? If so, I guess I just disproved the existence of God.

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004

How "well researched" do you think your bigotry is? I've got 67 years of research that proves conclusively that you're full of shit.

1. I've been a professional musician and on stage performer which means I have decades worth of friends in the entertainment business.

2. I design audio electronic products and systems for high end professional recording and sound reinforcement applications.

3. I live and work in L.A.

I'm straight, but my work in a major entertainment center puts me around gay people all the time. I know them as individual human beings, as different from each other as all of the members of this forum. Some are good, honest, highly accomplished creative people. Some are low down scum of the earth liars and crooks.

And some of them have been lucky enough to find a single love of their lives and want nothing more than the same rights as hetero married couples, including some serious legal rights.

I've been fortunate enough to know some of the brighter, more accomplished people who happen to be gay. I don't know jack shit about you, but I'd be willing to bet that, no matter how much you think you've done in this world, I know plenty of gay people who have accomplished more than a pissant bigot like you will ever do. The world knows of their achievements. They just don't know all of them are gay.

Who the fuck is a bigoted jackass like you to piss on all of their lives? There is NO excuse for it. FUCK ALL BIGOTS! :thumbsdown: :|

Easy on the hate there, Harvey. You're gonna blow a gasket! ;)

And in case you didn't re-read your post before clicking. It is simply full of stuff that has nothing to do with this thread. (aside from you knowing some great gays)

Furthermore......you definitely *don't* know about me. 'Cuz if you did, you probably wouldn't have said some of the things you've said.

Further still........I have one gay friend, one gay co-worker, one gay uncle.........oh and.........one gay brother.

But.......meh.......what does any of that matter? :music:

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005

Yeah, I don't get it at all. How in the hell does legalizing gay marriage increase children born out of wedlock?

lol wat?

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: BigDH01

No, the burden of proof is on the claimant. To think or act otherwise would be ridiculous.

Think about it like this... God doesn't exist. Because I made the claim it is up to you to prove otherwise or I'm right. This is your line of thinking, correct? Do you think the burden falls to you? If so, I guess I just disproved the existence of God.

Right, but I've already pointed out that Frank isn't here to reproduce stats visually, so I simply redirected to his claims that the given stats had zero correlation.

/