Why are white people so racist against blacks in America?

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Oh my gosh that picture you posted is TOTALLY RACIST!!!!!!!!!

Just look at how much those two racists are oppressing blacks in that photo!

There is only one black fellow in Leith, and the whole town has rallied around him against these guys
Leith population is 16
;)

Sep 7, 2009
This forum is an excellent example of modern racism both in the US and the world today.

By and large the most racist people are the ones constantly screaming about how everything is racist. They see through world through race colored glasses, looking for racism at literally every turn.

To them, ANYTHING bad that happens in society is due to racism. ANYTHING that holds them back is racist.

These modern day racists are hurting race relations far far more than the "old school" racists who are by and large dying out or suffering from mental issues.

These modern day racists teach their children that racism is to blame for everything. Not their own actions and behaviours, but racism. These children grow up failing at life, and instead of looking at their own issues they blame racism.

Then they pop out 4 kids, get that WIC card and fat tax refund, and continue the cycle all over again.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
This forum is an excellent example of modern racism both in the US and the world today.

By and large the most racist people are the ones constantly screaming about how everything is racist. They see through world through race colored glasses, looking for racism at literally every turn.

To them, ANYTHING bad that happens in society is due to racism. ANYTHING that holds them back is racist.

These modern day racists are hurting race relations far far more than the "old school" racists who are by and large dying out or suffering from mental issues.

These modern day racists teach their children that racism is to blame for everything. Not their own actions and behaviours, but racism. These children grow up failing at life, and instead of looking at their own issues they blame racism.

Then they pop out 4 kids, get that WIC card and fat tax refund, and continue the cycle all over again.

If I was you, I'd head down to your HR dept and talk with them about this problem.
I'd tell them that you have tons of extra time on your hands while you are at work, and that you could use that time mentoring and training disadvantaged youth.
Wouldn't it feel great to know you were at least doing your part to stop the cycle.

Sep 7, 2009
If I was you, I'd head down to your HR dept and talk with them about this problem.
I'd tell them that you have tons of extra time on your hands while you are at work, and that you could use that time mentoring and training disadvantaged youth.
Wouldn't it feel great to know you were at least doing your part to stop the cycle.

Do you have anything relevant to add to the conversation?

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005

I'm a hypocrite and a racist, and I can see that.
I hope I have/can taught/teach my children/grandchildren to be better then me.

Better?

Sep 7, 2009
I'm a hypocrite and a racist, and I can see that.
I hope I have/can taught/teach my children/grandchildren to be better then me.

Better?

What are your credentials? How long have you been a racist? We need to see a resume before we can determine if your opinion is acceptable.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Are white people supposed to somehow overlook all the daily news of black crimes?

If those people were intelligent (they're not), they'd recognize that while those men are black, their crimes are derived from cultural and socio-economic differences. Basically, America never fully integrated them and our differences have lead to a sort of tribal warfare among the afflicted population.

It may not be any different for American whites if we lowered (and we are) our socio-economic status. I truly believe that if push came to shove, any segment of our population could be as dangerous and violent as those people in Chicago. That may be hard to appreciate given our cultural heritage of wealth, leading us to better education and opportunities, but take away that heritage by breaking up our families and we can be pretty freaking monstrous as well.

For example, look at Mexico. Their tribes (drug cartels) are bigger, more powerful, but the violence there is quite palatable and should be compared to Chicago. This isn't an issue of any single race, but a general condition of humanity. Under the right conditions (Post war Iraq) we are little more than brutal, savage animals.

If we simply gloss over the human condition by only looking at people's skin, and ignore the root causes, we're going to find ourselves repeating our mistakes and never actually addressing the violence which plagues us. We need to study tribalism, we need to learn what makes it tick, and how to beat it. We need our people to learn that it's the human condition that is our enemy, not each other.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
What are your credentials? How long have you been a racist? We need to see a resume before we can determine if your opinion is acceptable.

I've been seeing some stories about Asian gang activity in my city.
I was walking home with my groceries down the back alley, and there was an Asian guy walking towards me.
As we got closer to each other, I was sizing him up and judging him.
After we past each other, I heard some quick scuffing of the gravel, and I turned quickly and had my bag ready to wack him
He was running the other way
I lol'd at myself

Sep 7, 2009
I've been seeing some stories about Asian gang activity in my city.
I was walking home with my groceries down the back alley, and there was an Asian guy walking towards me.
As we got closer to each other, I was sizing him up and judging him.
After we past each other, I heard some quick scuffing of the gravel, and I turned quickly and had my bag ready to wack him
He was running the other way
I lol'd at myself

Judge people based on their choices and you won't have this problem - did he choose to look like a gang member with large fake diamond earrings, fake gold chains, blindy watches, peering about like he's up to no good and a thug swagger?

If so, treat him like a violent gang member who may attack you at any moment.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Judge people based on their choices and you won't have this problem - did he choose to look like a gang member with large fake diamond earrings, fake gold chains, blindy watches, peering about like he's up to no good and a thug swagger?

If so, treat him like a violent gang member who may attack you at any moment.

The vast majority of crime is done by ordinary looking white people in my city.

Sep 7, 2009
The vast majority of crime is done by ordinary looking white people in my city.

What statistics do you base this on? I want links to what I consider unbiased data along with references.

What experience do have determining who is a criminal?

Were you a police officer or judge?

What are your certifications, hve you been officially trained to identify criminals? If not this is just worthless chatter.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
What statistics do you base this on? I want links to what I consider unbiased data along with references.

What experience do have determining who is a criminal?

Were you a police officer or judge?

What are your certifications, hve you been officially trained to identify criminals? If not this is just worthless chatter.

I read the city paper with the court reports weekly for the last 3/4 years.
City pop is 11,000. My family has been here for 30 years. Most everyone knows each other

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2009
I read the city paper with the court reports weekly for the last 3/4 years.
City pop is 11,000. My family has been here for 30 years. Most everyone knows each other

A city in canada the size of a community college is irrelevant as far as crime statistics are concerned.

It's like saying that the vast majority of crime in zimbabwe is committed by blacks.

Who cares, it's junk data in the terms of this conversation. Except in your case you're using junk data to help further along your personal issues and causes.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
A city in canada the size of a community college is irrelevant as far as crime statistics are concerned.

It's like saying that the vast majority of crime in zimbabwe is committed by blacks.

Who cares, it's junk data in the terms of this conversation. Except in your case you're using junk data to help further along your personal issues and causes.

I see..well good luck with your quest to fix things with the Thugs here in P&N

Sep 7, 2009
I should of also added that we have a large minority population too.
I doubt their crime stats would be what you are looking for either though.

giphy.gif

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005

I'm sure you could make it to your local airport unarmed eh?
Come on up for a visit sometime.
I'll pick you up at the airport in Regina.

I'll take you on a tour there around people with large fake diamond earrings, fake gold chains, blindy watches, peering about like he's up to no good and a thug swagger. We will get out and chat it up with them.
After you've had your fill of that crowd, we will drive down here and stay a couple days.
The crowd down here dressing like that will be only white kids though.
After a few days of my multicultural world including black people who don't share your ideology maybe you could return to America a better person and talk to your HR dept.

Yes, I'm sure you could find the same thing in your own backyard if you would try.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Color me totally surprised that complete non-racist SpatiallyAware is here shitting his pants in a thread about race again.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
It may not be any different for American whites if we lowered (and we are) our socio-economic status. I truly believe that if push came to shove, any segment of our population could be as dangerous and violent as those people in Chicago. That may be hard to appreciate given our cultural heritage of wealth, leading us to better education and opportunities, but take away that heritage by breaking up our families and we can be pretty freaking monstrous as well.

For example, look at Mexico. Their tribes (drug cartels) are bigger, more powerful, but the violence there is quite palatable and should be compared to Chicago. This isn't an issue of any single race, but a general condition of humanity. Under the right conditions (Post war Iraq) we are little more than brutal, savage animals.

You have no clue what you're talking about when you make comparisons to Chicago. You're letting media sensationalism alter reality. Mexico's homicide rate is triple that of Chicago's. And considering I'm looking at the rates of the entire country of Mexico, the areas where gang violence is concentrated are much higher of a multiple than Chicago's rate.

A place like Memphis, TN, has a higher crime rate than Chicago.

Last edited:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Racist people come in all shapes, sizes, and colors; and they tend to be racist against most other races. That said, it is far less of an issue than people make it out to be these days.

How do I know? I've lived my entire life in the South.
QFT

Bringing climate change into an argument about racism. It's the bonus round!
Weird - it's like he used one of his Jokers, but not to play the race card.

Oh my gosh that picture you posted is TOTALLY RACIST!!!!!!!!!

Just look at how much those two racists are oppressing blacks in that photo!
The guy with the burr sucking on the cig, I thought he was sucking his thumb when I first looked at it. I was all "Dang, the world's oldest baby is racist? How sad."

Nov 25, 2013
If those people were intelligent (they're not), they'd recognize that while those men are black, their crimes are derived from cultural and socio-economic differences. Basically, America never fully integrated them and our differences have lead to a sort of tribal warfare among the afflicted population.

If we simply gloss over the human condition by only looking at people's skin, and ignore the root causes, we're going to find ourselves repeating our mistakes and never actually addressing the violence which plagues us. We need to study tribalism, we need to learn what makes it tick, and how to beat it. We need our people to learn that it's the human condition that is our enemy, not each other.

Palatable? it's far, far worse in Mexico.

"On Friday SNSP reported that from Dec. 1 through the end of July, 12,598 persons died in a drug war violence, or 52 every day."

http://www.mexicogulfreporter.com/2013/08/mexico-admits-52-daily-drug-war-deaths.html

"Uruapan, a city of a quarter million people in the western state of Michoacan, made headlines in 2006 when members of a drug cartel -- La Familia Michoacana -- hurled five decapitated heads of rival gang members onto a dance floor there."

and

"It was a staggering sight, even in a Mexican city that has seen its share of violence in recent years as drug-related crimes surged.

Seven bodies sat slumped in white plastic chairs placed near a central plaza in Uruapan, Mexico.

Local media reported messages were left behind, written on poster board and pinned to some of the victims' bodies with icepicks.

The men appeared to have been killed by gunfire, and investigators believe organized crime groups are to blame, Mexico's state-run Notimex news agency said. Investigators haven't provided details about who they suspect was responsible or why they targeted the men -- windshield washers and farm workers, according to Notimex."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/27/world/americas/mexico-violence/

Having pointed out the above it should be noted that your point about circumstances and how in the right ones pretty much anyone could end up being dangerous/criminal is pretty much right on.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
You have no clue what you're talking about when you make comparisons to Chicago. You're letting media sensationalism alter reality. Mexico's homicide rate is triple that of Chicago's. And considering I'm looking at the rates of the entire country of Mexico, the areas where gang violence is concentrated are much higher of a multiple than Chicago's rate.

A place like Memphis, TN, has a higher crime rate than Chicago.
You missed his point, dude. His point was not that Mexico's and Chicago's crimes rates were comparable, but rather that such behavior (to whatever magnitude) is not inherently or even factually limited to black people. There aren't a bunch of African-Mexicans running around shooting each other, it's Mexican-Mexicans. And given sufficient circumstances and attitudes, it could just as easily be a bunch of white people - something the current meth-based violence should have made clear to everyone whining about "black culture" or "gangsta culture" with a nudge nudge wink wink. Any race of people can end up accepting and even embracing violence. Also, look at the Northern Ireland situation, thankfully now of the past. The concepts of "snitches get stitches" and "Warnabrother" applied just as easily to lily white people. For that matter, look at the American South. How many of our ancestors absolutely knew who committed a particular crime and yet said nothing to the cops? THAT was his point, and he is correct.