Why are some guys afraid of urinals?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alimoalem

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2005
splashback and last drop i'll agree with. there's another reason i haven't seen posted so maybe it's just me but urinals are pretty boring. i mean sometimes there's days where nothing eventful has happened so when you step into the stall, you just lift the seat and start aiming at different parts of the toilet or go in circles or something. it lightens up my day for a few minutes afterwards :p

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
nearly everytime i exit the bathroom at work i go through the exact same rant as the OP. all those who are guilty of not raising and then pissing on the seat should be held down for the next person to piss in their face.

as for the worst bathroom i have experienced - halfway between Nairobi and Mombasa

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Originally posted by: tenshodo13
Wayy too many Wusses here.

Have you ever been to one of those places that don't even have separate urinals? its just one LONG urinal from wall to wall, no divider between people. I wonder how some of you would react to it.

And I wonder how many people here have been to a real sauna? Where everyone walks around completely naked in the washing area?
I prefer a stall, and I could still whoop your ass.

Just sayin

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Eeezee
Originally posted by: Atomic Playboy
Originally posted by: manowar821
I don't want anyone to get jealous and try to "devour my member to obtain it's power".

Jokes aside, I don't like to stand while I pee, it's physically uncomfortable. I also like being alone, to begin with, so peeing alone is even better. I can aim, too. Eh, I'll use the urinals once in a while, when I'm in a rush, it's not that big of a deal.

You really want to prove you can aim? Use the urinal and stall simultaneously. Go into the stall, sit down, and arc your stream over the wall into an adjacent urinal. Bonus point if there is at least one additional stall between you and the urinal. Another point if there's someone using it.

Bathroom games are fun. I remember in grade school, we would see how far away from the urinal we could get and still make it (these were floor length). One guy was able to do it straddling a toilet on the opposite wall of the bathroom, probably about 12-14 feet away. It was probably best there were no male teachers to walk in on that sort of behavior... Incidentally, the kid that could do that was a junior track and field star, ninth fastest in the US. He was completely ripped; his biceps were literally spherical, a little bigger than a tennis ball. And this was 4th grade, so he was like, what, 9? 9 year olds aren't supposed to look like that. Shit was crazy.

Look, your plan was a failure the moment you started thinking of it. The stream slows down after awhile. In the end, you're going to be pissing all over the bathroom no matter how good your aim is! NO ONE CAN PEE FOREVER

This sounds like a challenge!

KT

manlymatt83

Lifer
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: LS21
urinals in america splash back. serious. for some reasons, with all of the brilliant engineers in this country, we dont have urinals that dont splashback. ive traveled and seen some weird urinals in the world... but none of them piss back on your pants like the ones here

QFT

jiggahertz

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2005
I'll use the stall instead of waiting for a urinal to open up, or only the midget urinal is available.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
We have some consultants in on our floor, working on IT projects (building reports and replacing systems). For some reason, a couple of them are afraid to use the urinals, or so it seems. So they go in and use a stall, do not lift the seat (of course) and end up pissing all over the seat and the floor.

So now the stall is ruined for the next person if they have serious business to attend to.

Why the hell can't you just use the urinal like a grown-up? Are you 4 years old and afraid the urinal monster is going to bite your weiner off? WTF is wrong with you? At least aim properly, idiots. :disgust:

KT
very bold move for you to express the truth about this.

kudos. :thumbsup:

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002
Originally posted by: K1052

Taking valuable stall space for a function already provided by the urinals when I have to drop the kids off at the pool makes it our business.

That"valuable stall space" already has an occupant, and it's value to said occupant exceeds your desire for said space. That's what makes it VALUABLE to you. When you're in that position, you 're in no condition to demand anything. Wanna test it? try opening any stall door that's occupied, you may not make it into one that's unoccupied by yourself.... :shocked:

This is why men don't chat, or conduct other extraneous social repartee in it's confines, save to make enough noise for "masking" purposes.
This is a Universal Truth and you can test it anywhere you choose.

Besides, this pool's closed for maintenance.

I'm checking the chemistry

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001
Better than the guy standing waaaay too far from the urinal in the airport restroom a few days ago, just standing there with his dong hanging out for all to see...*shudder* some images can't be burned from the memory...

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002

Well you kind of lost me a bit part way through there. With respect to your first comment though, this is not technically a public washroom, it is on my company's private property and these guys are contracters from a company that will remain nameless (I will never look at their hard drives the same way again) so I believe they should conform to our standards.

KT
Then lock the main door, & get them a Porta Potty if they disgust you so much.
A memo and a simple written directive as to what is your problem goes alot further than anything you've offered so far.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: AlienCraft

Well you kind of lost me a bit part way through there. With respect to your first comment though, this is not technically a public washroom, it is on my company's private property and these guys are contracters from a company that will remain nameless (I will never look at their hard drives the same way again) so I believe they should conform to our standards.

KT
Then lock the main door, & get them a Porta Potty if they disgust you so much.
A memo and a simple written directive as to what is your problem goes alot further than anything you've offered so far.

It's not a construction site, so a Honeybucket is not going to work here.

KT

Fayd

Diamond Member
Jun 28, 2001
www.manwhoring.com
urinals in america splash back. serious. for some reasons, with all of the brilliant engineers in this country, we dont have urinals that dont splashback. ive traveled and seen some weird urinals in the world... but none of them piss back on your pants like the ones here

jesus christ, this is easy. aim to the side so it all flows when it hits the urinal wall, instead of splashing back.

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Fayd

jesus christ, this is easy. aim to the side so it all flows when it hits the urinal wall, instead of splashing back.

Hell, even aiming straight doesn't result in very much splashback. I've only had splashback happen once and it was because I was goofing off. Learn to aim!

ArmchairAthlete

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2002
It's pretty basic to try to achieve the largest buffer zone between you and other guys. Sometimes if nobody is using the stalls that's the way to do it.

I've also seen these gross water-less urinals at my school. So basically the piss appears to just sit there and drain on its own.

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002

KT
WHY? They're used at all kinds of events and gathering, not just construction sites.
Complaining here is better how?
If it's a sanitation issue, take it to HR. That's what they're supposed to do.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: theman
I absolutely LOVE those urinals that go all the way down to the floor... there's something about that illusion that you are pissing on the floor that I'm really drawn to. It's like a fantasy of mine to be able to piss on the floor, with other people around too!
It must be nice to have such lofty aspirations in life. :laugh:

Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
cuz nothings more awkward than using a urinal beside a guy, esp if they are placed too close together and have no dividers. you know what he's doing, in the silence of the bathroom you can hear every little drop and grunt and breath. frankly its a little too intimate if you know what i mean, and that can lead to piss anxiety. and if ur not pissing right away and he can hear it, it makes it worse and worse lol
plus, i like to dab the tip of my dinkle with toilet paper to make it cleaner before i put him away.
no toilet paper at the urinal.. which is gross

You win for being the most feminine person I've ever met, and I know a 5' tall gay man who looks like he's 16, cross dresses on occasion and enjoys vacuuming/cleaning. It's fun to bring him to parties :)
I guess you'd best put me in the same category, as I share similar sentiments. Though I do usually have to restrain laughter from hearing some of the guys grunting away at the urinal. Some make it sound like they're quietly having sex with it.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
They probably piss on the seat and then don't wash their hands so the contaminate the door handle too.

Just another reason I never touch the door with my bare hands when I leave the bathroom.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: AlienCraft

KT
WHY? They're used at all kinds of events and gathering, not just construction sites.
Complaining here is better how?
If it's a sanitation issue, take it to HR. That's what they're supposed to do.

Well I`ve created a sign which I believe I will post on Monday morning, It essentialy says, for the health and safetly of our staff please refrain from urinating on the toilet seat and please wash your hands upon exiting the bathroom.

We`ll see how that goes.

KT

Oct 25, 2006
Originally posted by: Kelemvor
They probably piss on the seat and then don't wash their hands so the contaminate the door handle too.

Just another reason I never touch the door with my bare hands when I leave the bathroom.

Urine is sterile

You don't touch the door with your bare hands because its dirty? Pansy.

Do you ever go into a public restroom in a City Park? Those things make the restrooms you're talking about look like a NASA clean room

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005

Urine is sterile

Do you ever go into a public restroom in a City Park? Those things make the restrooms you're talking about look like a NASA clean room

Sterile? I don't know about you, but I take every precaution necessary to avoid touching someone else's urine. Call me crazy.

KT

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002

Urine is sterile

Urine might be sterile but the germs on their penis aren't. That's why you supposed to wash your hands. Not because you might pee on yourself.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Jeff7
Originally posted by: theman
I absolutely LOVE those urinals that go all the way down to the floor... there's something about that illusion that you are pissing on the floor that I'm really drawn to. It's like a fantasy of mine to be able to piss on the floor, with other people around too!
It must be nice to have such lofty aspirations in life. :laugh:

Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
cuz nothings more awkward than using a urinal beside a guy, esp if they are placed too close together and have no dividers. you know what he's doing, in the silence of the bathroom you can hear every little drop and grunt and breath. frankly its a little too intimate if you know what i mean, and that can lead to piss anxiety. and if ur not pissing right away and he can hear it, it makes it worse and worse lol
plus, i like to dab the tip of my dinkle with toilet paper to make it cleaner before i put him away.
no toilet paper at the urinal.. which is gross

You win for being the most feminine person I've ever met, and I know a 5' tall gay man who looks like he's 16, cross dresses on occasion and enjoys vacuuming/cleaning. It's fun to bring him to parties :)
I guess you'd best put me in the same category, as I share similar sentiments. Though I do usually have to restrain laughter from hearing some of the guys grunting away at the urinal. Some make it sound like they're quietly having sex with it.

i don't think it was a natural thing through most of human history for strange men to get near each other and pee together.
its unnatural really.