Who Won the Debate?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Who Won the Debate?

• Joe Biden

• Paul Ryan

Results are only viewable after voting.

PingviN

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2009
Bidden didn't win shit . A poll in a demon forum means nothing . Obummer took such a beating by romney . That this is like Ananda doing an Amd review and saying things that just aren't true so as to prop AMD up a bit . Thats exactly whats going on here Obummer got beat to death looked semi retarded and just plain failed .Biden is getting pitty support because of Obummers ass kicking . You can have the pitty vote

Tried to translate, but Google does not recognize the language :confused:

I think Biden won. He was on his toes and, like Romney, was much more emotional than his opponent. Not the same slam-dunk as Romney vs Obama, but - imo - win for Biden.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
CNN has a poll, they say that Ryan won 48% vs. Biden 44% and call it a draw and it isn't a Fox poll.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/11/cnn-poll-on-debate-winner-ryan-48-biden-44/

I think biden got some pitty votes based of the beating obbumer took from Romney. Because Ryan kicked his ass . We recorded the debate. I haven't checked to see if it actually recorded me and wife were at Debate party . 40 people all independents all voted ryan all 54 years old or higher 40 votes for ryan Ya had to know that was coming with Obummer reducing benefits by 25% and Romney not reducing bennies . Obummer tried to buy our votes this year with a cost of living raise. Everyone sees threw that

Last edited:

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Tried to translate, but Google does not recognize the language :confused:

I think Biden won. He was on his toes and, like Romney, was much more emotional than his opponent. Not the same slam-dunk as Romney vs Obama, but - imo - win for Biden.

Well I have video I believe. If we can't get a reviewing off the internet I will load it on a private web page and show it again a 1 hour invite , Befor I kill the video . Biden looked like he was ready to cry a few times ,

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Yup, of a poll of registered voters, Ryan won by 4 points. But look at the CBS News poll of undecided voters. Biden wins by a whopping 19 points.

You going to believe network polls . LOL Who really won maine in repulsive presiddential nomination. Paul did Who won Iowa Paul did The nerworks that supported Romney than did everthing they could to keep paul out . The netwotks also lied about how the delegets were choosen It wasn't after the caucus it was in the middle of the caucus no one left . You can't win the delegets without the popular vote. Delegets are choosen and voted on by all voters none left . The networks didn't want paul . They all know the the federal reserve charter has to be renewed in 2013 . They were afraid Paul wouldn't allow the charter to be renewed . Wait untill they find out Rothschild isn't going to renew the charter. Were bankrupt we have nothing to offer Rothschild for colateral. They already have our gold

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
In my opinion Biden came out on top for a few reasons;

- Their foreign policy was either agreed too by Ryan or they said they would have more "shaping of the middle east", and Ryan even agreed with the concept of intervention causing more attacks (on Lybia) though he would never say it outright.
- Biden crushed Ryan on Iran and dealing with Assad. Use our influence without war by diplomacy, no saber rattling.
- He also curb stomped Ryan on Afghanistan transition. Ryan kept lying on numbers, the entire plan has always been to train Afghanistan forces to take over the mission. It was the Bush plan and it is the right plan. It should have been done a long time ago but Iraq threw that out the window.
- On abortion Biden clearly won without question. He specifically said they would not legislate religious belief on others.
- Ryan was much more experienced in monetary policy but never really distanced himself from Bush policies which he should have done. He couldn't explain anything after being questioned 2 times possibly even 3. It leaves an opening to the normal left talking point on going back to failed policies.

I want to get answers on the Jack Kennedy comments and whether it was actually done.

I honestly wish there was someone who could be president that had a humble foreign policy with a more conservative monetary policy.

I score it 8-5 in favor or Biden.

He was laughing because of the bullshit coming from Ryan, the only time Ryan went off script was on taxes and he couldn't answer the question when asked multiple times.

Last edited:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I think Biden won on substance but Ryan won on style.
What style was that? Lying through his teeth? Fuck that snake oil salesman. But you are right, take away all facts, gloss over reality, and look at the debate as a completely uniformed moron like most of America and Biden looked childish while Ryan looked serious. But the second someone get even a shred of information about the real facts like you and I know, and all of a sudden you understand why Biden couldn't help but laugh at all the bullshit streaming from Ryan's mouth.

And once again, the Democrat lets the biggest opportunity go by without even noticing it. Ryan said:
Look, did they come in and inherit a tough situation? Absolutely. But we're going in the wrong direction. Look at where we are. The economy is barely limping along. It's growing a 1.3 percent. That's slower than it grew last year and last year was slower than the year before.
Right in front of everyone, Ryan clearly states that the economy recovered better when Democrats had full control of congress and the recovery has slowed since Republicans regained control. How do you let a golden opportunity like that slide?

Obama and Biden need to wake the fuck up and realize what an opportunity they have here. It is bigger than just them. They need to focus on not only destroying the Romney/Ryan ticket, but seizing every opportunity to make huge gains in the House and Senate.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I know you don't understand basic economic principles such as supply and demand but when an economy grows you get more tax revenue. The Romney plan assumes economic growth. You democrat parrots don't think the pie gets larger therefore any tax cut is a loss in revenue.

Hey, that's an encore of the George Bush song & dance routine! Bravo!

You conveniently forgot to mention that the National Debt doubled under such policy... while the incomes of the top 120K families exploded...

But, uhh, nevermind, huh?

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
And once again, the Democrat lets the biggest opportunity go by without even noticing it. Ryan said: Right in front of everyone, Ryan clearly states that the economy recovered better when Democrats had full control of congress and the recovery has slowed since Republicans regained control. How do you let a golden opportunity like that slide?

Because then Ryan could point out that we have had uninterrupted job growth since the Republicans took over the house.

wayliff

Lifer
Nov 28, 2002
Biden won because he held Ryan's feet to the fire and didn't let him get away with his "malarkey". Facts do matter, and the Romney/Ryan ticket is short on those in favor of feel good platitudes and nothing more than a slight of hand trick for details.

I approve this message.

:thumbsup:

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
He can't help make the law without taking responsibility for his action based on HIS belief NOT other beliefs .Its taken responsibility for YOUR actions. You blithering fucken netwit

Making laws solely based on your religion misses the point of the first amendment...

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Biden was an idiot as usual, but this time he wasn't the seemingly nice idiot, he was the rude idiot who couldn't stop interrupting the smarter guy when he was destroying Biden's idiotic points. He knew his points were getting destroyed so he kept interrupting continuously to try and derail. I'm sure the leftist press will slobber all over Biden.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Biden, the man of may words but zero principles.

On one hand you have Biden flouting the US military's excellence saying that they are the best in the world at what they do. At the same time, he thinks that displacing US military personnel with Afghan soldiers to back up the remaining US forces there is a strong move towards victory and ending our war efforts there. So Joe, if the US military is the best of the best, why did you just say it was OK to replace them with a, by your own definition, substandard military force? How is this going to help in obtaining victory? How does this not put American soldier's lives in danger again?

Next you have Biden telling us that his faith defines him. At the same time is trying to say that although his faith tells him abortion is wrong, he doesn't have a problem with abortion being used unabated. He likens going along with his Catholic faith to forcing his "beliefs/value" on to others. So if you such a devout Catholic and your faith defines you, why are you OK with allowing and almost supporting something that your faith tells you is wrong? Why don't you protect your own beliefs when it is you power but rather shun your faith with regards to the abortion issue?

Again, Biden shows that he is a man of many words, but little principle. He tells people what they want to hear. He supports the military and its excellence and uses his Catholic faith only when it suits him. Once those beliefs get in the way of his politics, he reverses both, again when it suits him. One can only question what his true values really are when he says one thing, and does another.

As an aside, its concerns me when abortion is still at the forefront of issues during a Vice Presidential debate. Are people really as concerned with the issue of abortion as they are with the economy, their job prospects, the state of the world, and the future of this country? I think the debate organizers and the left thought they had a nice issue to pigeon hole the GOP candidate on because it somehow outlines his willingness to force his beliefs down and dictate policy based on faith. What I don't think they expected was the whole thing blowing up in their faces. What it did show is the willingness of Biden to set aside all beliefs and principles for political reasons. It shows his utter hypocrisy in calling himself a devout Catholic yet disregarding his faith and its teachings for political reasons when it suits him. Its doubtful that many kept watching at this point but I don't think this question had the result the organizers were looking for.

Last edited:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

On one hand you have Biden flouting the US military's excellence saying that they are the best in the world at what they do. At the same time, he thinks that displacing US military personnel with Afghan soldiers to back up the remaining US forces there is a strong move towards victory and endingour war efforts there. So Joe, if the US military is the best of the best, why did you just say it was OK to replace them with a, by your own definition, substandard military force? How is this going to help in declaring victory? How does this not put American soldier's lives in danger again?
Victory is defined as turning the keys back over to Afganistan. What's your plan? Everyone out on the same day?

Next you have Biden telling us that his faith defines him. At the same time is trying to say that although his faith tells him abortion is wrong, he doesn't have a problem with aborting being used unabated. He likens this to forcing his "beliefs/value" on to others. So if you such a devout Catholic and your faith defines you, why are you OK with allowing and almost supporting something that your faith tells you is wrong. Why don't you protect your own beliefs when it is you power but rather shun your faith with regards to the abortion issue.

Color me surprised, a small government conservative arguing for religion in politics and painting a lack of it as some sort of weakness.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Victory is defined as turning the keys back over to Afganistan. What's your plan? Everyone out on the same day?

If that is really the definition of victory, we could have done that a decade ago. Your definition of victory has no other qualifications other than us not being there.

Color me surprised, a small government conservative arguing for religion in politics and painting a lack of it as some sort of weakness.

Lack of principles != lack of religion.

I definitely don't want more religion in government. But I also don't want people who would throw out their principles for political gain running the government either.

Last edited:

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Next you have Biden telling us that his faith defines him. At the same time is trying to say that although his faith tells him abortion is wrong, he doesn't have a problem with abortion being used unabated. He likens going along with his Catholic faith to forcing his "beliefs/value" on to others. So if you such a devout Catholic and your faith defines you, why are you OK with allowing and almost supporting something that your faith tells you is wrong? Why don't you protect your own beliefs when it is you power but rather shun your faith with regards to the abortion issue?

This is not the contradiction you believe and claim it to be. Don't support abortion? Fine, don't have one. Not a woman and don't support abortion? Fine, urge the women with whom you have influence to not have an abortion. Anything beyond that is not within the scope of individual rights.

"Abortion being used unabated" is a completely false characterization. "Safe, legal, and rare" is still what Biden and most other Democrats advocate.

Making laws that force your beliefs on others is precisely what those who believe life begins at conception want to do... and what Biden does not want to do. Freedom stands opposed to constraints. Laws that say what you cannot do are restraints.

Last edited:

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012

Not just wrong; murder. And in fact the Democratic Platform calls for public funding of what Biden's faith tells him is murder.

Although to be fair to him I believe that the Republican Platform calls abortion murder, but then explicitly says they don't want to punish women for having abortions. :hmm:

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
"Abortion being used unabated" is a completely false characterization. "Safe, legal, and rare" is still what Biden and most other Democrats advocate.

You mean "Safe, legal, rare, and paid for by the taxpayer"?

Making laws that force your beliefs on others is precisely what those who believe life begins at conception want to do... and what Biden does not want to do.

And the Democrats don't pass laws that force their beliefs on others?:colbert:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

And the Democrats don't pass laws that force their beliefs on others?:colbert:
That's a shit argument from someone with shit for brains. Passing a law against murder is technically forcing your beliefs on others. Saying "the Democrats pass laws that force their beliefs on others" is akin to saying Democrats breathe air. The discussion is about passing laws that force religious beliefs on others. Let me know what religious beliefs Democrats are forcing on others. Try to do it honestly, too, since there are plenty of fact check sites to debunk lies about funding abortions with taxpayer money and forcing Catholic hospitals to promote contraception.