Who will liberals blame if Trump wins the election.

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Of course you do, you delicate little flower.

Anyone else find it ironic that the most sensitive flower on these boards, that keeps his own List of "uncomfortable information" accuses others of being triggered by things that offend them?

Buckshat is such a piece of shit. He still has not revealed his many lusts to us.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Of course you do, you delicate little flower.
Sorry, that was an inside joke. I'm not offended.

The rest of your post looks more like an Alex Jones rant than I'm willing to deal with.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Repeating the same lies over and over don't make them true. How have I lied about history?
Amazing that I can tie my shoes!

Now, do you have any answers to my questions or do you just want to insult me?

I am on your list. Again, you have been dishonest and lied if you are reading my posts.

You are worthy only of insults, as you have not once participated honestly in a single threads on these pages.

You are cancer.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Anyone else find it ironic that the most sensitive flower on these boards, that keeps his own List of "uncomfortable information" accuses others of being triggered by things that offend them?

Buckshat is such a piece of shit. He still has not revealed his many lusts to us.
You wanting me to be gay and your constant harassment hoping I'd come out is why I put you on "the list". I see you're still on about your fantasies about my desires so I'll go back to ignoring you.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
buckshat has been triggered again. perhaps he needs his own safe space forum where only he can post and only he can see his own posts.

truth is too painful for some people.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
So for those worried about Trump, mind specifying what position(s) of his you're most concerned about? Using "selectsmart" and some other sites I've put together a summary
list of what I believe his positions to be although I know like Obama before him some of the Trump appeal comes from lack of a long track record and being somewhat of a "blank slate" who people can believe what they want about.

There are several areas where I doubt that electing Trump or Hillary would make any difference; e.g. Privacy and Surveillance where both are going to keep the NSA very busy. Neither is likely to support new gun control legislation, and it would be catastrophically shot down if they tried (in either direction). Neither seems to be particularly interested in criminal justice reform and both have supported "get tough" laws previously.

Of the remaining areas, quite a few of them seem like distractors where the POTUS has limited authority and that society seems to be moving towards anyway (e.g. war on drugs, LBGTQ issues) or the other branches and bureaucracy would effectively limit freedom to act (e.g. health care, social secuity).

So limiting to only the issues where the selection would want to act and could have an impact by acting, how much difference do you really see between a theoretical Trump or Clinton administration? Sure, your personal income tax rates may go up or down by >5% depending on who wins. Some "green energy" companies may get a few billion more or less in subsidies depending on who wins. I don't see any of those as being apocalyptic outcomes regardless of how they get resolved.

Abortion Pro-Choice historically, pro-life by convenience now? Which is the “real” Trump?
Crime / Capital Punishment Pro-death penalty, supports increased sentencing, etc.
Foreign Affairs Big talk but generally not interventionist; “Let Germany defend Ukraine” is typical.
Gun Control Generally opposed but has supported some measures (e.g. assault weapon ban, waiting period, & background check)
Personal Taxes Reduce rates; Opposes flat tax says benefits wealthy too much. Previously supported one-time 14% tax on wealthy to pay down national debt.
Corporate Taxes reduce corporate taxes
Civil Liberties / Privacy Supports PATRIOT Act and NSA Surveillance, Net neutrality is top down power grab of the Internet.
War on Drugs legalize / tax
Labor Laws Teachers unions are obstacles to improving schools; “Unions fight for pay; managers fight for less; consumers win”
Minimum Wage Opposes raising
Immigration Build a wall, deport but “allow the good ones back in” (Report to Deport?)
Health Care expand Health Savings Accounts, keep some Obamacare features (pre-existing condition, etc)
LGBTQ Issues Seems ambivalent, basically says “settled issue” when asked
Budget Cut defense budget, & entire EPA & Dept. of Education; If debt reaches $24T, that's the point of no return
Energy Increase oil drilling and fracking
Climate Change Hoax, green energy is “expensive feel good for tree huggers”
Nuclear Energy Supports, build more capacity
Voter Registration / Voter ID Make voter registration easier; supports Voter ID
Social Security Maintain, add private invest account benefit
Trade Opposes free trade deals, supports tariffs

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Its not his positions that concern me, it's his overall lack of knowledge on many issues and willingness to speak to issues first before understanding them. Then there is the fact that he is pretty much an open vessel and he seems to be getting his info from Republicans, some of whome are neo cons.

Some people may be comfortable voting for someone who they don't quite know where they stand, I myself prefer to know what I'm getting.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
So for those worried about Trump, mind specifying what position(s) of his you're most concerned about? Using "selectsmart" and some other sites I've put together a summary
list of what I believe his positions to be although I know like Obama before him some of the Trump appeal comes from lack of a long track record and being somewhat of a "blank slate" who people can believe what they want about.

There are several areas where I doubt that electing Trump or Hillary would make any difference; e.g. Privacy and Surveillance where both are going to keep the NSA very busy. Neither is likely to support new gun control legislation, and it would be catastrophically shot down if they tried (in either direction). Neither seems to be particularly interested in criminal justice reform and both have supported "get tough" laws previously.

Of the remaining areas, quite a few of them seem like distractors where the POTUS has limited authority and that society seems to be moving towards anyway (e.g. war on drugs, LBGTQ issues) or the other branches and bureaucracy would effectively limit freedom to act (e.g. health care, social secuity).

So limiting to only the issues where the selection would want to act and could have an impact by acting, how much difference do you really see between a theoretical Trump or Clinton administration? Sure, your personal income tax rates may go up or down by >5% depending on who wins. Some "green energy" companies may get a few billion more or less in subsidies depending on who wins. I don't see any of those as being apocalyptic outcomes regardless of how they get resolved.

Abortion Pro-Choice historically, pro-life by convenience now? Which is the “real” Trump?
Crime / Capital Punishment Pro-death penalty, supports increased sentencing, etc.
Foreign Affairs Big talk but generally not interventionist; “Let Germany defend Ukraine” is typical.
Gun Control Generally opposed but has supported some measures (e.g. assault weapon ban, waiting period, & background check)
Personal Taxes Reduce rates; Opposes flat tax says benefits wealthy too much. Previously supported one-time 14% tax on wealthy to pay down national debt.
Civil Liberties / Privacy Supports PATRIOT Act and NSA Surveillance, Net neutrality is top down power grab of the Internet.
Labor Laws Teachers unions are obstacles to improving schools; “Unions fight for pay; managers fight for less; consumers win”
Immigration Build a wall, deport but “allow the good ones back in” (Report to Deport?)
Health Care expand Health Savings Accounts, keep some Obamacare features (pre-existing condition, etc)
Budget Cut defense budget, & entire EPA & Dept. of Education; If debt reaches $24T, that's the point of no return

So, are those today's stances or yesterdays?

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
So, are those today's stances or yesterdays?

Does that really matter? Clinton has changed her position on things also and even so-called ironclad pledges have been broken by politicians before ("no new taxes"). The list was my good faith effort to categorize his beliefs, so much as you can do that for any politician. This ain't the Pope giving us the "unchanging and infallible" word of God; you're a fool to believe without question the promise of anyone running for President including those in the Democratic party.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It's about much more than the Democrat's sordid Southern past...it's about things like Japanese internment camps and FDR (a New Yorker) never lifting a finger to stop the lynchings. The Republican's sordid present is NOT anything that's even remotely close the the Democrat's sordid past. People who post such drivel are either really that stupid or shameless liars.

It's not like FDR's Repub predecessors did anything to stop lynching, either.

Internment camps? What is Gitmo but an internment camp?

Until modern Repubs acknowledge the realignment following the Civil Rights acts they'll remain in denial as to the nature of their own membership. When conservative white southerners believed that they'd been betrayed over Civil Rights, they pulled down the blue flag & ran up the red flag.

Reagan's dog whistling in Philadelphia Miss & throughout his campaign cemented that relationship.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Sorry, that was an inside joke. I'm not offended.

The rest of your post looks more like an Alex Jones rant than I'm willing to deal with.

That political realignment I referenced is merely historical fact. OTOH, your perspective is unachievable w/o a great deal of denial about a lot of facts.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
It's not like FDR's Repub predecessors did anything to stop lynching, either.

Internment camps? What is Gitmo but an internment camp?

Until modern Repubs acknowledge the realignment following the Civil Rights acts they'll remain in denial as to the nature of their own membership. When conservative white southerners believed that they'd been betrayed over Civil Rights, they pulled down the blue flag & ran up the red flag.

Reagan's dog whistling in Philadelphia Miss & throughout his campaign cemented that relationship.

What is there to be in denial about? The vote of a racist for the GOP counts the same as the vote of a welfare leech or disability fraud for the Democrats. Both sides cater to those with misguided motives as a matter of course.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I meant worse as in your LBD/CBD conceptualization. It's about our basic personalities that are completely formed by the time we're 4 years old.

If you read bonzaiduck's posts you will see a person who transformed his political understanding, woke up as it were to a different reality.

Personally, I don't know anything and one of the things I don't know is whether our personalities are fixed at four. I know for example, or at least that science informs me that stress causes conservative thinking or that the more drunk you become the more conservative becomes your thinking.

For me the whole point of saying that conservative are trapped in a catch 22 from which they can't escape is to show them the door that leads through hell and hopelessness. There is no way out for the ego, but it can give up and grace can take over. That's how I see it anyway.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
For me the whole point of saying that conservative are trapped in a catch 22 from which they can't escape is to show them the door that leads through hell and hopelessness. There is no way out for the ego, but it can give up and grace can take over. That's how I see it anyway.
It is always nice to try and understand the psychoses of the insane. Thank you for the insight.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
One isn't racist when they expect equal treatment and equal expectations. Liberals tend to not want either.

I am going to tell you what is right about this and what is wrong with it and leave it up to whatever personal integrity you may possess to see the truth of it.

The ideal is to expect equal treatment and to expect equal results. This is the good that you know to be true on a gut level, a truth that is unshakable.

What you do not and will not see is that you can't race horses against mules where the criterion for winning is speed.

You are trying to compare in a race of your own imagination one group of people against another whose starting point in the race is miles behind the starting line of the other.

Why is this a true statement rather than an excuse and an abandonment of ones own responsibility to bring ones own best feet to the race? It is because centuries of white racism against blacks has culturally increased the distance from the starting line to the goal.

In your bigoted need to equate the capacity of all people in your worship of false assumptions of equality, you fail to recognize the tremendous psychological damage done to black people.

They must not be given inferior goals to reach, in that you are right, but their handicap needs to be removed before an idea equality can be applied.

Sorry if your bigotry makes you incapable of understanding this. The tides of history, in that case, will pick up the task of sweeping it away.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013

There is no "real" Trump, publicly, he changes his BS about ever 5 minutes to whatever he is advised sounds good atm.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What is there to be in denial about? The vote of a racist for the GOP counts the same as the vote of a welfare leech or disability fraud for the Democrats. Both sides cater to those with misguided motives as a matter of course.

As if those disparate groups are anywhere near the same in number. As if poor people in general actually vote much at all. As if stirring up lingering racism serves the American people other than poorly.

Why would any politician pander to people who don't vote?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Are you high?

What is Gitmo, then, if not an internment camp? Our govt has kept individuals there for 14 years w/o charge or trial. If a case could be made against any of them I suspect it would have been a long time ago.

There are differences of scale wrt the internment camps of WW2 & differences of style, as well. It's not like the govt used harsh interrogation techniques on the interned Japanese, is it?

White America had a lot of equal opportunity haters back then- Japanese, Chinese, Jews, Blacks, Italians, Latinos- anybody who wasn't us.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
It is always nice to try and understand the psychoses of the insane. Thank you for the insight.

You are welcome. Just don't take the stance that your insanity isn't reverabble. The journey through hell becomes easier to bear when you realize you've been there since you were first programmed. What looks to be down, self awareness, is actually up. Good luck.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
I am going to tell you what is right about this and what is wrong with it and leave it up to whatever personal integrity you may possess to see the truth of it.

The ideal is to expect equal treatment and to expect equal results. This is the good that you know to be true on a gut level, a truth that is unshakable.

What you do not and will not see is that you can't race horses against mules where the criterion for winning is speed.
You're comparing a black person to a mule and I'm the racist!? Some self awareness may do you some good.
You are trying to compare in a race of your own imagination one group of people against another whose starting point in the race is miles behind the starting line of the other.
Some whites are further back than some blacks in this "race" how can you apply the same head start to people who don't need it? Life isn't fair but the sooner we start treating everybody equally the better. This is a pretty simple concept.
Sorry if your bigotry makes you incapable of understanding this. The tides of history, in that case, will pick up the task of sweeping it away.
Just because you're insane doesn't mean you know what you're talking about. I don't care what race you or anybody else is, results is what counts. If individuals need a break because they came from a tough spot, then that's fine. Applying this break along racial lines is by definition, racist.

Feb 16, 2005
Ourselves, there is nobody else to blame. If the dems cannot unify against drumpf who the fuck can they unify against?
The dem party appears to be more fractured than the gop, and they're pretty fucked up.