Who here is against the war?

McArra

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
I mean EVERY war, and specially of course the one in Iraq. I can't stand it anymore. Let's show war is not the way.

Mrburns2007

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2001
Originally posted by: CarpeDiem99
Wars boost economy, no?

War doesn't really boost the economy like it use, the weapons are built and ready to go. WWII increased manufactering but today that can't be counted on.

Mrburns2007

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Bowfinger
Originally posted by: sandorski
All wars? No. Just unnecessary wars.
Yep. Some wars are necessary. This invasion was not.

Completely disagree, getting rid of Saddam could radical change the middle east for the better.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Mrburns2007
Completely disagree, getting rid of Saddam could radical change the middle east for the better.
How?

(While I am glad to see Hussein gone, it was not worth the thousands of lives, hundreds of billions of dollars, increased threat of terrorism directed at the U.S., and the damage done to our international relations. Further, I believe our invasion increased instability in the Middle East and opens the door for Iraq becoming yet another radical Islamic theocracy.)

Mrburns2007

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2001
How?

(While I am glad to see Hussein gone, it was not worth the thousands of lives, hundreds of billions of dollars, increased threat of terrorism directed at the U.S., and the damage done to our international relations. Further, I believe our invasion increased instability in the Middle East and opens the door for Iraq becoming yet another radical Islamic theocracy.)

yes but if Iraq becomes a stable democracy over the next 25 years it will have a huge influence on the middle east.

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
yes but if Iraq becomes a stable democracy over the next 25 years it will have a huge influence on the middle east.

Why? Turkey has been a democracy for a while and it hasn't done much for the rest. What makes Iraq different other than we invaded it?

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
I mean EVERY war, and specially of course the one in Iraq. I can't stand it anymore. Let's show war is not the way.

OK BUB then please provide a solution.

bilditup1

Nov 20, 2003
Yeah, but Turkey's full of Turks, not Arabs. They are not kin. Friendly relations with Isreal doesn't help them either(not that that's a bad thing- for them or for Isreal). And Iraq has oil, too. A rich, democratic country with Arabs and Arabic as it's principle language would change the Mid-East no doubt.

I believe that the President made a lot of mistakes, mistakes that he hasn't owned up to., which is really sad. I'd respect him a lt more had he recognized his errors. The post-war plan is appaling- even Don Rumsfeld has said so.

As for international relations- under Clinton, they were great- for all the good that did us. The world hates us because of our power, and for only that reason. Only a couple of weeks after 9/11, the same people that(briefly)sympathized with America started to churn out conspiracy theories. Are these really the friends of America? Could they ever be(without us saving their arses)?

Jmman

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
Originally posted by: McArra

Don't take this the wrong way, but I get the impression that you are very young and naive. There are lots of people that only understand violence or war. Why don't you try and tell someone like OBL or Saddam that violence is wrong and see where it gets you.......

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Regardless of the benefits derived from the invasion of Iraq if it was initiated in violation of International Law (which is ours by treaty) we have compromised our own defender of Freedom (the rule of law). To completely by pass this fact in order to justify an invasion simply shows how easily we will give up our own notion of freedom and its guarantee provider for a politically motivated defense.
The rule of law must prevail regardless of the outcome! If not we will surely follow in the wake of its disregard.

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001

please explain. this should be very interesting.

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Strk

Why? Turkey has been a democracy for a while and it hasn't done much for the rest. What makes Iraq different other than we invaded it?

cuz fox newz sed so. doy!

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: bilditup1
Yeah, but Turkey's full of Turks, not Arabs. They are not kin. Friendly relations with Isreal doesn't help them either(not that that's a bad thing- for them or for Isreal). And Iraq has oil, too. A rich, democratic country with Arabs and Arabic as it's principle language would change the Mid-East no doubt.

I believe that the President made a lot of mistakes, mistakes that he hasn't owned up to., which is really sad. I'd respect him a lt more had he recognized his errors. The post-war plan is appaling- even Don Rumsfeld has said so.

As for international relations- under Clinton, they were great- for all the good that did us. The world hates us because of our power, and for only that reason. Only a couple of weeks after 9/11, the same people that(briefly)sympathized with America started to churn out conspiracy theories. Are these really the friends of America? Could they ever be(without us saving their arses)?

half my hair is gone because of you. so the turks are different because they aren't arab? excellent analysis there, a$$hole. What are you gonna tell me next, all asians aren't chinese? you make your "they are different because they are arab" statement so confidently yet offer no reasoning behind it.

and the world hates us because of our power? are you freakin kidding me? seriously dude...quit it with the coloring books and move on to chapter books or something. then we can maybe have you go through the whole rude awakening experience by shedding some light on your apparent ignorance. yup the americans save (kill) everyones "arses" and no one thanks them for it. wow..what a tragedy.

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Jmman

Don't take this the wrong way, but I get the impression that you are very young and naive. There are lots of people that only understand violence or war. Why don't you try and tell someone like OBL or Saddam that violence is wrong and see where it gets you.......

well the whole world tried convincing bush that violence is wrong...and where did that get us?

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: Pers
Originally posted by: Jmman

well the whole world tried convincing bush that violence is wrong...and where did that get us?

The whole world, huh? Perhaps you forgot about the second largest coalition of nations in U.S. history that supported the war in Iraq.